Bib suggestions?

Looking for new bibs.

1. Need's are 2xl, black, chest high, a little red on them is ok. No pants type

2. Inside chest pocket.

3. At least hip length zipper on each leg.

4. Adjustable shoulder straps.

5. At least 1 Knee pocket.

All 5 points a must.

No brand preference. Preferably less than $300

Thoughts?

Edited by racerdave

7 hours ago, racerdave said:

Looking for new bibs.

1. Need's are 2xl, black, chest high, a little red on them is ok. No pants type

2. Inside chest pocket.

3. At least hip length zipper on each leg.

4. Adjustable shoulder straps.

5. At least 1 Knee pocket.

All 5 points a must.

No brand preference. Preferably less than $300

Thoughts?

I have FXR bibs and no complaints at all either. There are several different models and colours. Mine I think are discontinued, they are FXR hardware. double 2 way hip high zippers, hand pockets, front bib pockets, mine do not have a knee pocket but there might be something. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 8/27/2021 at 5:00 PM, WildMann said:

I have FXR bibs and no complaints at all either. There are several different models and colours. Mine I think are discontinued, they are FXR hardware. double 2 way hip high zippers, hand pockets, front bib pockets, mine do not have a knee pocket but there might be something. 

same here , love em

14 hours ago, mnstang said:

What do you use a knee pocket for?

Not sure if I call them knee pockets, but I like the pockets above the knee for the wallet and registration.  I'm not a fan of sitting on the wallet while riding.  They have a tendency to push out of hip pockets if I'm using the seat.  Ass gets sore too.

I started to use the knee pocket years ago and I've found another nice feature.  It is easier to grab the wallet.  Gets to be a bigger deal when doing quick gas fills in super cold temps.  I don't waste time screwing around with zippers and making sure everything is closed tight again.  It sucks to be down the trail and realize there 's a wind gap I missed.

Yup, mine have pockets located sbout 2/3rd s down my thigh... Great for the wallet  The bibs also have thin but firm knee pads.  My bibs are getting old, so when replacing those are my must have’s.

9 hours ago, favoritos said:

Not sure if I call them knee pockets, but I like the pockets above the knee for the wallet and registration.  I'm not a fan of sitting on the wallet while riding.  They have a tendency to push out of hip pockets if I'm using the seat.  Ass gets sore too.

I started to use the knee pocket years ago and I've found another nice feature.  It is easier to grab the wallet.  Gets to be a bigger deal when doing quick gas fills in super cold temps.  I don't waste time screwing around with zippers and making sure everything is closed tight again.  It sucks to be down the trail and realize there 's a wind gap I missed.

I usually have my phone in bib chest pocket and wallet in the inside jacket pocket.  If I needed the wallet outside I also have outside pockets on my jacket including on the sleeve.  I'd worry about anything on my knee or leg.  But yeah I would never carry anything on a butt pocket, that's not even possible for me with what I wear, no pockets back there.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I usually have my phone in bib chest pocket and wallet in the inside jacket pocket.  If I needed the wallet outside I also have outside pockets on my jacket including on the sleeve.  I'd worry about anything on my knee or leg.  But yeah I would never carry anything on a butt pocket, that's not even possible for me with what I wear, no pockets back there.

That’s what I do too. My phone won’t stay charged unless it’s in the bibs chest pocket under my jacket. Wallet in inside coat pocket. I’d be worried about a zipper opening up on a outside pocket.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:56 AM, 800renegaderider said:

That’s what I do too. My phone won’t stay charged unless it’s in the bibs chest pocket under my jacket. Wallet in inside coat pocket. I’d be worried about a zipper opening up on a outside pocket.

Same here, iphone hates the cold so inside jacket pocket or bib pocket, depends on if I am using it for navigation or not. Papers and bank card in wrist pocket on jacket where they are accessible and the zipper is visible while riding, so it stays zipped and not forgotten. Found and returned some reg and insurance papers that were dropped on the trail last year, no doubt from either an unzipped pocket or a glove removal after a stop type ooops.    Funny thing was I found the papers about 50 miles from my house and the guy lived 5 mins away.  Dude got lucky.  lol

• Like 1

fwiw I do a lot of solo riding on weeknights, so I keep my phone and wallet on my torso (under my Tekvest) in the event I become dislodged from my sled and need to call for help or so whomever finds me can easily identify my cold bloody corpse.

I've been more than satisfied with non-current Klim gear purchased on closeout from Country Cat for the past four seasons, but at the moment they're cleaned out.  Check in https://skidoooutlet.com/outerwear/bibs-pant/?season=snow or https://www.upnorthsports.com/snowmobile/snowmobile-clothing/snowmobile-bibs-pants/mens-bibs-pants/ as they both also have reasonably good pricing and inventory.