Warnings About the Sturgis Rally Have Come Tragically True

Warnings About the Sturgis Rally Have Come Tragically True

In western South Dakota’s Meade County, more than one in three COVID-19 tests are currently returning positive, and over the last three weeks, seven-day average case counts have increased by 3,400 percent. This exponential growth in cases is likely attributable to the 81st Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which drew an estimated half a million visitors to Meade County and its environs from Aug. 6 through 15, potentially acting as a superspreader event. 

The pandemic is surging nationally, not just proximal to biker chaos in South Dakota. Defined in large part by the emergence of the highly transmissible Delta variant, the United States is experiencing its fourth surge of COVID-19 right now, and our nationwide case counts have increased by 64.4 percent over the last 21 days. (For more on our methodology, see our note at the bottom of this column.) 

But while Southern states have been the main drivers of this surge thus far, the recent spike in cases in South Dakota warrants special concern. 

The state more broadly has witnessed a 686.8 percent increase in daily case counts over the past three weeks, currently more than 10 times the nationwide rate. Meade County’s post-Sturgis uptick is certainly a contributor to this state-level increase, but neighboring counties have experienced a sharp incline in cases, too—ranging from a 1,900 percent increase in the past three weeks in Butte to a 1,050 percent increase in Lawrence. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warnings-sturgis-rally-come-tragically-085648542.html
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Love how % increase is the going statistic of the day to fit the narrative.   If you have 10 cases and it goes up 686.8% you now have 79 cases or an increase of 69.   There's a reason they don't post actual numbers.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hey mainecat, look at Martha Vineyards covid increase week following Obamma’s big party. You either didn’t read about it in your lack of news, or you failed to mention it.

Let me know.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CFM said:

Hey mainecat, look at Martha Vineyards covid increase week following Obamma’s big party. You either didn’t read about it in your lack of news, or you failed to mention it.

Let me know.

Oh that one they just released the numbers and not by percentage.  :lol:  

• Like 2

Hey Mainecat, how many Texas dems caught covid when they fled in a private plane. # and percentage. 
Did your lack of news not tell you or did you forget to let us know ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh that one they just released the numbers and not by percentage.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, CFM said:

Hey Mainecat, how many Texas dems caught covid when they fled in a private plane. # and percentage. 
Did your lack of news not tell you or did you forget to let us know ?

We all understand the divide that the media is trying to push.  The bullshit invermectin narrative vs obamas party vs sturgis.  If you look at the deception it is obvious

Hey Mainecat, how many people didn’t wear masks and safe distance and catch covid during all the huge group protests and lootings this past year ?

Did your lack of news not report it or did you not read sbout it ? I fid not sea you start a thread for any or all of them.

Let me know.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

Hey Mainecat

You see Pelosi’s huge maskless and non distancing party the other week ? How many $10k per person diners caught covid ?  

Did your lack of news not report it ir did you not read sbiut it. I did not see your thread on it.

Let me know.

• Like 1

:lmao:Just like I said.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-cases-spiking-marthas-013300264.html

COVID-19 cases are spiking in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, but local health officials have not reported any link to former President Barack Obama's 60th birthday bash that took place nearly two weeks ago.

Although the number of cases has risen to 158 since the Aug. 7 event, Tisbury health agent and boards of health spokesperson Maura Valley said, "As of today, I haven't seen any cases linked to the Obama party," according to the Daily Mail on Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/63-people-in-martha-s-vineyard-test-positive-for-covid-since-obama-s/ar-AANiqUf

74 people in Martha's Vineyard test positive for Covid since Obama's

• Like 1

Do you guyz remember when I posted LAST YEAR, that I wanted to give the STURGIS TOUGH GUYS, a chance to exit just before Sturgis, and if they didn't I wanted to have the SD State Troopers, and the SD National Guard, with 48" Riot batons, whacking them right off their bikes!!!!

DO YOU FUCKING REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said the same thing THIS YEAR!! 

Knock those fukkers right off their fukkin bikes!!!

Oh boy, would I sure like to have been out there if Gravano rode by, and do some batting practice!!!! 

Maybe next year I will volunteer for LACONIA PD, and get a chance to whack him. 

" Hey, how do ya' like this dog-pic, Steve Big Shot?  " 

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Excellent way to shed the earth of a few more Boomer's

This new SSI Medicare savings plan the Chinese concocted is going to save us a fortune.

Without question some of the most expensive ones in the program. 

41 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Do you guyz remember when I posted LAST YEAR, that I wanted to give the STURGIS TOUGH GUYS, a chance to exit just before Sturgis, and if they didn't I wanted to have the SD State Troopers, and the SD National Guard, with 48" Riot batons, whacking them right off their bikes!!!!

DO YOU FUCKING REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said the same thing THIS YEAR!! 

Knock those fukkers right off their fukkin bikes!!!

Oh boy, would I sure like to have been out there if Gravano rode by, and do some batting practice!!!! 

Maybe next year I will volunteer for LACONIA PD, and get a chance to whack him. 

" Hey, how do ya' like this dog-pic, Steve Big Shot?  " 

You're way too much of a pussy to show up in Laconia. 

• Like 1

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

My helper said that about 10 years ago. I wouldn't fit in well up there. 

It's actually super tame now. They keep it pretty civil compared to the 70's and 80's. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JEFF said:

It's actually super tame now. They keep it pretty civil compared to the 70's and 80's. 

I'd volunteer, if I could smack Gravano. 

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Seriously, who really cares about these greaseballs and professionals dressing up like cartoonish, fake criminals. 

Certainly not mini van drivers