Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The ones that come on the RRs are awful. Mine fell off my 21 before I had 20 miles on it because the plastic mounts split where the screws go through. The 21s I swear weren’t supposed to come with them but every RR we’ve uncrated so far has had them in the box with no other special add ons.

My 15 tucker rr and 19rr had aluminum mounts for them. I guess they cheapened them up now 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Razors aren’t SX skis.  They are really fucking good trail skis.

I can prolly agree that there are more race wannabes” riding cat than any other brand.  At least they decided to start with the right equipment.  After that…well…..

Yeah they are shit skis 

53 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

There’s still not a better handling sled in tight twisty trails (when flat) than a ZR3.

I’ve been helping the local Cat shop put together sleds this week we did some experimenting with parts laying around and the green low windshield looks tits on it. I need some more white so I don’t have to put black skis on mine when it comes in so if anyone has a set of these cat Rox that are discontinued they’d part with I’d pay good money for them. Pic is of a box stock RR all setup

9F9F6457-CA87-47E9-9997-92966674BAFA.png

0AA80D11-DD7A-4B70-8A25-C9AE88A9A150.jpeg

lol, again? 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/product/flex-tec-handguards/

looks good

49 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Spare titanium wrist pins

feeling hurter

13 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Apparently it sucks on the 129. That’s why the xc doesn’t have it. I will take Zach’s opinion on that 

I wouldn't disagree, or pay to test the theory.

sobered up a bit now, wife made me eat dinner.  :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lol, again? 

looks good

feeling hurter

I give it 5 minutes before she puts you back in the hole again. 

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lol, again? 

looks good

feeling hurter

I bought that set in North Dakota that I mentioned on Facebook. My buddy that was commenting on there ordered the stealths from Kale on that link you sent. $150 for those units is highway robbery thanks for the tip

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I give it 5 minutes before she puts you back in the hole again. 

she's in bed, but did a can count before going upstairs.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

I bought that set in North Dakota that I mentioned on Facebook. My buddy that was commenting on there ordered the stealths from Kale on that link you sent. $150 for those units is highway robbery thanks for the tip

;)  if I ran short shields I'd have nabbed a pair as well.  but, actual windshields ftw here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

;)  if I ran short shields I'd have nabbed a pair as well.  but, actual windshields ftw here.

You run a gen 1 PC windshield and can run Rox handgaurds without hitting the windshield.  

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I was rummaging through the shop and realize we have the old Firecat number plate windshields and even some ZR ones.  

they are quite valuable to restorers of those chassis

https://www.facebook.com/groups/260379907465550
if you want to part with them and make some $ these are your guys ;)

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Luckily here it’s usually not too terribly cold. I have a mid I put on when I go up to Canada. I had a mid touring on the 600 limited I bought last year and it was zero air on the body but the way it came over and hit my helmet I was getting a neck workout every time I went over 50. The low does absolutely nothing and the mid does pretty much nothing but a little better 😂. My dad ordered an orange limited, his last sled was a 92 wildcat “mountain cat” 700. His only request was put the biggest windshield they make on there and figure out who makes the warmest gear now.

• Like 1

Luckily here it’s usually not too terribly cold. I have a mid I put on when I go up to Canada. I had a mid touring on the 600 limited I bought last year and it was zero air on the body but the way it came over and hit my helmet I was getting a neck workout every time I went over 50. The low does absolutely nothing and the mid does pretty much nothing but a little better 😂. My dad ordered an orange limited, his last sled was a 92 wildcat “mountain cat” 700. His only request was put the biggest windshield they make on there and figure out who makes the warmest gear now.

it gets cold AF here

Seem to recall @taperk600 (another NY'er and owner of every PC chassis made) tested a bunch of different windshields a while back on a lake and the mid-height produced the highest top speed.  the cross country racers use them to kick air over them and stay warm.  our torsos and heads are nothing but big parachutes, but short shields look cool.  :)

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it gets cold AF here

Seem to recall @taperk600 (another NY'er and owner of every PC chassis made) tested a bunch of different windshields a while back on a lake and the mid-height produced the highest top speed.  the cross country racers use them to kick air over them and stay warm.  our torsos and heads are nothing but big parachutes, but short shields look cool.  :)

The 600 limited I mentioned came from Tom actually. Now I know why he wants that windshield back 😂

7 hours ago, Palu49 said:

The 600 limited I mentioned came from Tom actually. Now I know why he wants that windshield back 😂

If your referring to the one and only Tommy Boy it’s because a mid height windshield is like having a 4x8 sheet of OSB in front of anyone else, due to the fact that he’s a short, hairy goblin. 

9 hours ago, Palu49 said:

There’s still not a better handling sled in tight twisty trails (when flat) than a ZR3.

I’ve been helping the local Cat shop put together sleds this week we did some experimenting with parts laying around and the green low windshield looks tits on it. I need some more white so I don’t have to put black skis on mine when it comes in so if anyone has a set of these cat Rox that are discontinued they’d part with I’d pay good money for them. Pic is of a box stock RR all setup

9F9F6457-CA87-47E9-9997-92966674BAFA.png

0AA80D11-DD7A-4B70-8A25-C9AE88A9A150.jpeg

Everyone’s got their opinions. This one however, is wrong. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If we're talking speed, a zr3 is definitely better in the twisties than any rider forward sled.  It's an all timer chassis.

But, a pre ETT sled will give it a run..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Would love to see it, just because. :thumbsup: 

I hope this does it for you?

7012CB69-ED03-4679-BE1F-13426F0E2108.jpeg

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Apparently it sucks on the 129. That’s why the xc doesn’t have it. I will take Zach’s opinion on that 

Yeah, the new ARS seemed to work well on my 19 but, not a lot of seat time on it.  It was also a 137 but, if the actual racers say something….listen!

11 hours ago, Palu49 said:

The ones that come on the RRs are awful. Mine fell off my 21 before I had 20 miles on it because the plastic mounts split where the screws go through. The 21s I swear weren’t supposed to come with them but every RR we’ve uncrated so far has had them in the box with no other special add ons.

You guys are having problems with handguards?  I’ve never had issues with any of mine.  

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah they are shit skis 

Razors?  Did you put them on with the loops facing the front?

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it gets cold AF here

I’ve got a couple that I’m going to be listing and going with an ultra low again.  I ride in the trees.

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Everyone’s got their opinions. This one however, is wrong. 

:lol:

Still, on a fresh groomed ribbon, a proper rider can just lay waste to anything modern.  But when the chop starts, it’s over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I hope this does it for you?

7012CB69-ED03-4679-BE1F-13426F0E2108.jpeg

Yeah, the new ARS seemed to work well on my 19 but, not a lot of seat time on it.  It was also a 137 but, if the actual racers say something….listen!

You guys are having problems with handguards?  I’ve never had issues with any of mine.  

Razors?  Did you put them on with the loops facing the front?

I’ve got a couple that I’m going to be listing and going with an ultra low again.  I ride in the trees.

This style is the problem. 

couple different windshield options with the RR. I think I’m gonna dig the green with the white rox on mine

B59866CC-A966-488A-91A2-024B24C4D530.jpeg

BE4873B1-C428-4E6F-BB2B-CA624657FD58.jpeg

FC1917E3-FF36-4567-A705-FE04B9977798.jpeg

This style is the problem. 

couple different windshield options with the RR. I think I’m gonna dig the green with the white rox on mine

B59866CC-A966-488A-91A2-024B24C4D530.jpeg

BE4873B1-C428-4E6F-BB2B-CA624657FD58.jpeg

FC1917E3-FF36-4567-A705-FE04B9977798.jpeg

I accidentally ordered one of those windshields.  Didn’t like the style at all.  I’ve got a older style low black still (looks better than new style, IMO) but am ordering this one again:

45FEBC38-2218-41F9-B14F-B134B7DCD59D.jpeg

also, is this the style that came with your sled?

94F5FB36-B373-4CBA-A7E5-CBBA0924F183.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I accidentally ordered one of those windshields.  Didn’t like the style at all.  I’ve got a older style low black still (looks better than new style, IMO) but am ordering this one again:

45FEBC38-2218-41F9-B14F-B134B7DCD59D.jpeg

"Windshield"  :lol2:

Yeah, I'm old - I go for the grampa styles these days!

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Still, on a fresh groomed ribbon, a proper rider can just lay waste to anything modern.  But when the chop starts, it’s over.

Absolutely. Age for age though, those old Cats were never what I would consider, great handlers. All they did well was carry the skis and break rear bumpers. I drug more buddies out of the brush in corners on those things than any other sled back in the day. Everyone that I knew that could ride them fast strapped them down. Then they would get their asses handed to them coming out of the corners because they couldn’t put the power to the ground.