Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You should try a pair of RZ's on your SP after you find a track. 💡 

I may but I’d be pissed if I spent the money on those sx wannabe pos skis and they feel like I have angle iron on the bottom of my skis. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Stop it.  We all know Poo guys don’t need to steer.  Straight and skis in the air fun factor!  It’s because of POWA!  ….and not that weak ass, uncoupled suspension with those fake shocks.  :lmao: :stirthepot:

And no….unless they’ve been shorting me!  I’ll ask on my upcoming order.

:lol:

I was gonna try some of those “SlyDawgs” but, Tommy’s garden shovel idea warrants some consideration.

It sounds like you’re describing every Cat guy driving an old ZR. Fuckin douchebags needed keels the size of stop signs on the bottom of their skis so they could turn the fucking things. 

I tried a set of sly dogs once. It was like having a set of skis made out of flat sheet plastic. Garbage. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

those Polaris ski shim threads... priceless, and endless. 

I may have to change brands some day soon to Polaris when Textron shuts Cat down, but I'll sure as hell never be a full on Pootard.  

Trip prep ..

Shim skis - check

Pack spare relays - check

Tap bearings and add grease fittings on jackshaft and driven shaft bearings - check 

Defog headlights - check

Fix seat that falls off and storage box that fills up with snow - check 

Install new WE clicker knobs - check

Replace skid wheels - check 

Load 'how to fix my Polaris' videos from YouTube onto fancy gauge - check

Pack 45 Cal with Sat Phone & Rick's phone # in event of wolves and polar bears - hmmm?

What did I forget? :lol:

Two words, 

Nigga please. 

25 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I may but I’d be pissed if I spent the money on those sx wannabe pos skis and they feel like I have angle iron on the bottom of my skis. 

It sounds like you’re describing every Cat guy driving an old ZR. Fuckin douchebags needed keels the size of stop signs on the bottom of their skis so they could turn the fucking things. 

I tried a set of sly dogs once. It was like having a set of skis made out of flat sheet plastic. Garbage. 

I run mine with Woody's executives, but won't run shaper's as they are easily bent and imo are a crap fix.

24 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Two words, 

Nigga please. 

Which of those points was wrong?  Sure I missed a few Polaris foibles... like a fire extinguisher.

So, as hard as I've been on Textron and the antique Procross lately, they sure don't seem to have near as many issues with things you wouldn't anticipate going wrong on a brand new sled.  

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I run mine with Woody's executives, but won't run shaper's as they are easily bent and imo are a crap fix.

Which of those points was wrong?  Sure I missed a few Polaris foibles... like a fire extinguisher.

So, as hard as I've been on Textron and the antique Procross lately, they sure don't seem to have near as many issues with things you wouldn't anticipate going wrong on a brand new sled.  

I know most of that list is in gest, but, the only thing I've done on that list is grease the jackshaft and driveshaft bearings when new, and every 2000-2500 miles after that.  

And I run unshimmed Stud Boy dually carbides.... Corner to corner on rails!  :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

My good buddy’s Zuk 800 pc has been such a pos, he’s looking to off it for a Polaris. Lifelong Cat guy. His pc ZR pissed him off so bad last year he parked it and started riding his 12,000 mile 2001 ZR 800 last year. I shit you not. 

While web forums, HCS in particular, would have everyone believe a Polaris 800 is the bigger pos, I’ve had great luck with 4 of them now. Triple that number over four close riding buddies, since 2009. One 2009 800 RMK went down from bad gas and the 2019 850 RMK had driveability/performance gremlins from day one.

I rode my buddy’s pc ZR that he’s all pissed off about. When it runs, I think it’s a ripper. Not set up for me so I’m not going to slam the chassis but I’ve ridden worse. Terrible factory gearing and clutching though. The M’s are garbage, IMO. If I were to swap brands, it would probably be to Doo. I think overall, they have their shit together the most. I would have to give up off trail riding if all I had to pick from was Cat or Doo. I just have too many connections, tools and feel the most comfortable riding and wrenching on Polaris sleds. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

My good buddy’s Zuk 800 pc has been such a pos, he’s looking to off it for a Polaris. Lifelong Cat guy. His pc ZR pissed him off so bad last year he parked it and started riding his 12,000 mile 2001 ZR 800 last year. I shit you not. 

While web forums, HCS in particular, would have everyone believe a Polaris 800 is the bigger pos, I’ve had great luck with 4 of them now. Triple that number over four close riding buddies, since 2009. One 2009 800 RMK went down from bad gas and the 2019 850 RMK had driveability/performance gremlins from day one.

I rode my buddy’s pc ZR that he’s all pissed off about. When it runs, I think it’s a ripper. Not set up for me so I’m not going to slam the chassis but I’ve ridden worse. Terrible factory gearing and clutching though. The M’s are garbage, IMO. If I were to swap brands, it would probably be to Doo. I think overall, they have their shit together the most. I would have to give up off trail riding if all I had to pick from was Cat or Doo. I just have too many connections, tools and feel the most comfortable riding and wrenching on Polaris sleds. 

They're all junk, but the Poolaiders are just so much more fun to trigger.  :)

anywho, back to skis - in their own racer resources they suggest aftermarket skis to the cross country racers, have for years now.

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/team-polaris/racer-resources/

must say, Polaris does a great job of putting this information out there for anyone to see, unlike Cat or Doo.

My favorite part this year shows how the 600R bar warmers are wired wrong. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They're all junk, but the Poolaiders are just so much more fun to trigger.  :)

anywho, back to skis - in their own racer resources they suggest aftermarket skis to the cross country racers, have for years now.

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/team-polaris/racer-resources/

must say, Polaris does a great job of putting this information out there for anyone to see, unlike Cat or Doo.

My favorite part this year shows how the 600R bar warmers are wired wrong. 

Cat used to put up a lot more info and send out emails.  With the race department being so small now, that is not easy to do.  

Doo just really hasn't gave a shit about XC racing in the lower 48.

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Razors aren’t SX skis.  They are really fucking good trail skis.

I can prolly agree that there are more race wannabes” riding cat than any other brand.  At least they decided to start with the right equipment.  After that…well…..

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Cat used to put up a lot more info and send out emails.  With the race department being so small now, that is not easy to do.  

Doo just really hasn't gave a shit about XC racing in the lower 48.

Yeah, I can see how putting up a few pdf's can/would be tedious and expensive.  But they used to put it out there before Textron.   

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Razors aren’t SX skis.  They are really fucking good trail skis.

Precisely 

Sno Pro 600 Conversion for Trail Use.pdf

6 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

C and a does not recommend the razors on a rider foreward I asked them why they steer line crap on the procross. They basically said that ski was designed before rider forward sleds came out. 

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

C and a does not recommend the razors on a rider foreward I asked them why they steer line crap on the procross. They basically said that ski was designed before rider forward sleds came out. 

They did well on my XRS.  The XT’s have been god like on all my PC’s.  But, I’m a mid day rider and look for a nice bicep “swoll up” during a ride.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Don't you have RZ's on your 19 with the 20 front end?  Or did they fall off before the C/L ad went live. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the XPT is the RZ designed for sleds with reverse.  XT's are for SX racing and Culver's.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Don't you have RZ's on your 19 with the 20 front end?  Or did they fall off before the C/L ad went live. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the XPT is the RZ designed for sleds with reverse.  XT's are for SX racing and Culver's.

Yes you road it with them on it. The raked out front end helps with them. If you compare them to a stock ski the rzr is longer behind the spindle bolt and way more ski on the ground before the rear kicks up. The xpt has a different cut keel and different side keels from the rzor 

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yes you road it with them on it. The raked out front end helps with them. If you compare them to a stock ski the rzr is longer behind the spindle bolt and way more ski on the ground before the rear kicks up. The xpt has a different cut keel and different side keels from the rzor 

I rode it on twisty trails I know very well and it flat out worked.

Would be interesting to see how the revised front end works on a properly set up 129

Edit: so based on what you said and the Polaris racer resources page @SayatodaU.P.eh? might consider trying XPT's rather than RZ's 

edit again, he has the older Axys chassis which they are suggesting XCS s on? https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/team-polaris/previous-racer-resources/

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

7 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It sounds like you’re describing every Cat guy driving an old ZR. Fuckin douchebags needed keels the size of stop signs on the bottom of their skis so they could turn the fucking things

There’s still not a better handling sled in tight twisty trails (when flat) than a ZR3.

I’ve been helping the local Cat shop put together sleds this week we did some experimenting with parts laying around and the green low windshield looks tits on it. I need some more white so I don’t have to put black skis on mine when it comes in so if anyone has a set of these cat Rox that are discontinued they’d part with I’d pay good money for them. Pic is of a box stock RR all setup

9F9F6457-CA87-47E9-9997-92966674BAFA.png

0AA80D11-DD7A-4B70-8A25-C9AE88A9A150.jpeg

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

those Polaris ski shim threads... priceless, and endless. 

I may have to change brands some day soon to Polaris when Textron shuts Cat down, but I'll sure as hell never be a full on Pootard.  

Trip prep ..

Shim skis - check

Pack spare relays - check

Tap bearings and add grease fittings on jackshaft and driven shaft bearings - check 

Defog headlights - check

Fix seat that falls off and storage box that fills up with snow - check 

Install new WE clicker knobs - check

Replace skid wheels - check 

Load 'how to fix my Polaris' videos from YouTube onto fancy gauge - check

Pack 45 Cal with Sat Phone & Rick's phone # in event of wolves and polar bears - hmmm?

What did I forget? :lol:

Spare titanium wrist pins

16 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

There’s still not a better handling sled in tight twisty trails (when flat) than a ZR3.

I’ve been helping the local Cat shop put together sleds this week we did some experimenting with parts laying around and the green low windshield looks tits on it. I need some more white so I don’t have to put black skis on mine when it comes in so if anyone has a set of these cat Rox that are discontinued they’d part with I’d pay good money for them. Pic is of a box stock RR all setup

I wish Cat would quit putting handgaurds on the sleds.  The ones that came on my 18 were just horrible.  Think I ended up giving them away to get rid of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I rode it on twisty trails I know very well and it flat out worked.

Would be interesting to see how the revised front end works on a properly set up 129

Edit: so based on what you said and the Polaris racer resources page @SayatodaU.P.eh? might consider trying XPT's rather than RZ's 

edit again, he has the older Axys chassis which they are suggesting XCS s on? https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/team-polaris/previous-racer-resources/

Apparently it sucks on the 129. That’s why the xc doesn’t have it. I will take Zach’s opinion on that 

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I wish Cat would quit putting handgaurds on the sleds.  The ones that came on my 18 were just horrible.  Think I ended up giving them away to get rid of them.

The ones that come on the RRs are awful. Mine fell off my 21 before I had 20 miles on it because the plastic mounts split where the screws go through. The 21s I swear weren’t supposed to come with them but every RR we’ve uncrated so far has had them in the box with no other special add ons.

44 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The non ett aws4 was the bench mark sled for handling for cat at the factory 

• Like 1