Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

6 hours ago, Tommcat said:

i dont have a track dyno, yet

Some of these guys swear by a formula that can help you out.  Something about drive ratios/lug height.  I think you can do it backwards and come up with the engine torque also!

I mean….It’s an impressive theory for sure.  I know Ricky must use it.

43 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Some of these guys swear by a formula that can help you out.  Something about drive ratios/lug height.  I think you can do it backwards and come up with the engine torque also!

I mean….It’s an impressive theory for sure.  I know Ricky must use it.

The manufacturers use formulas which are obviously all wrong. 

Especially springs, the clutch springs and torsion springs are always wrong!!!  Don't even get me started on the coil springs and the throttle return spring. :lmao:

original_206984071.gif.10b2930960178c14a7579e55faf94314.gif

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The manufacturers use formulas which are obviously all wrong. 

Especially springs, the clutch springs and torsion springs are always wrong!!!  Don't even get me started on the coil springs and the throttle return spring. :lmao:

original_206984071.gif.10b2930960178c14a7579e55faf94314.gif 1.47 MB · 0 downloads

:lol:

Thats why I said, and everybody says…get out there and fucking ride it FIRST!!! Then decide what you would like it to do better.  The question is, can I follow that advice or, is the “throttle return spring” in need of a swap out before the snow flies?  I think they are color coded now according to spring return rates?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Thats why I said, and everybody says…get out there and fucking ride it FIRST!!! Then decide what you would like it to do better.  The question is, can I follow that advice or, is the “throttle return spring” in need of a swap out before the snow flies?  I think they are color coded now according to spring return rates?

Get in touch with @fortune46x

He knows all the Cat throttle return spring rates from working with the throttle limited sleds the kids race.  I'd bet he can hook you up with a Culver's Blue spring.  

What I did on the 500 was to put in the lightest spring I could find and slightly bend the right side of the handlebar to get that extra throw on the flipper.  Good for 3hp on the ass Dyno 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Get in touch with @fortune46x

He knows all the Cat throttle return spring rates from working with the throttle limited sleds the kids race.  I'd bet he can hook you up with a Culver's Blue spring.  

What I did on the 500 was to put in the lightest spring I could find and slightly bend the right side of the handlebar to get that extra throw on the flipper.  Good for 3hp on the ass Dyno 

Thats quality tuning right there!  @Tommcat…you paying attention here?

4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

He don’t fuckin care. He still changes clutching when he mods sleds. Doesn’t even know the one and done deal. Idiot. 

Shame.  Where Have all the tuning heroes gone?  Where is “Alsled” when you need him!!?!?!

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Shame.  Where Have all the tuning heroes gone?  Where is “Alsled” when you need him!!?!?!

Lord knows that with a sorry assed setup like this, I just can’t compete with that Alsled dude. 

67E4711C-71CF-4544-9168-650A191F49D9.jpeg

16 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Oh as far as gearing yeah, I’ve played that game before but driver size and tooth count? I know a couple of buddies of mine that both had heavily modded Firecats (1000 and 1200 on spray back in the day before turbo sleds) use to play with driver size a little but I never really asked why they were doing it. 

22/41 should be about perfect for the Indy. I do need to get some good speedworkx clutch springs and a fresh belt coming soon though. I’ll do all of that during the track swap. 

I loath no other part replacement, on a snowmobile, than fucking track clips. Installing studs is a close second. 

80 clips to remove and 80 to install, 40 studs, and probably a bunch of other fun shit I'm forgetting.  

Plus a Enticer front arm to fab up.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Lord knows that with a sorry assed setup like this, I just can’t compete with that Alsled dude. 

67E4711C-71CF-4544-9168-650A191F49D9.jpeg

Too much Fapp-Off for my liking.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

No adjustable wrenches?  Well….bush league!

We used to call them the Mexican Tool Chest back in the day. 

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Thats quality tuning right there!  @Tommcat…you paying attention here?

The culvers blue spring is worthless. It doesn't have anywhere near enough pressure to run in the iron dog when a polar bear is chasing you.

Everyone knows that 

You guys are all missing the boat with clutch kits.  There's a place out of New Hampshire that has a single clutch kit that fits all.  From water cross to the Iron Dog.  200 ft run to 2 miles.  Stock or full blown modified.  Yup one kit works in all theses applications and has never lost.  Don't even matter what brand of sled.  It works.  He has Proof just let him tell you.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

80 clips to remove and 80 to install, 40 studs, and probably a bunch of other fun shit I'm forgetting.  

Plus a Enticer front arm to fab up.

Too much Fapp-Off for my liking.

We used to call them the Mexican Tool Chest back in the day. 

If you legit have an issue with Snap-On, other than their price, you’re just being a bitch. Sure, they do make some junk but I would say that 95% of their hand tools are some of the best in the business. Yes they are expensive and no you don’t NEED them to do a job. I bought my initial set 25 years ago. These days, I only buy certain things from them. 

If you want to show any possible disgust about that picture, it should be for all of those Gearwrenches. Arguably the best ratcheting wrench in the business, imo, and ALL of the wrenches pictured there were bought brand new, in the package, for $85 shipped to my door. One of Bazos’ idiots probably lost their job over that deal because I can’t even begin to believe that I was the only one that saw that listing. Should’ve bought 3 sets instead of just two. 

5 hours ago, Doug said:

You guys are all missing the boat with clutch kits.  There's a place out of New Hampshire that has a single clutch kit that fits all.  From water cross to the Iron Dog.  200 ft run to 2 miles.  Stock or full blown modified.  Yup one kit works in all theses applications and has never lost.  Don't even matter what brand of sled.  It works.  He has Proof just let him tell you.

You forgot avoiding polar bears

38 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

So this happened today... neat. Guess I am getting another cat. 

ac 2022.png

But you don't race... 

Well, there's the occasional full charge to the closest toilet.

Congrats you Bastard 🤣