Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

prolly start with them thar Carby looking thing(s)

I have had them apart many times and completely cleaned. New needle and seats, polished the float arm pins and float pins. Both floats checked to make sure they float.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Need to send the fronts in for service and hate not having a floor jack at the ready so.... :lmao:

IMG_20230326_110938007_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230326_110949172_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230326_110957381_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230326_111016919_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230326_111024903_HDR.jpg

Don't know if I missed it or not, but did you tear into your brother's sled yet?

The parts list is growing.

Have been digging around in one of the XF's and have been finding mystery parts.  

A flanged nut, 2 bearing balls, and 2 mystery pieces.  This sled has never had a ball bearing go bad on it except the tri-hub.

20230326_101552[1].jpg

On 3/26/2023 at 8:57 PM, racinfarmer said:

Have been digging around in one of the XF's and have been finding mystery parts.  

A flanged nut, 2 bearing balls, and 2 mystery pieces.  This sled has never had a ball bearing go bad on it except the tri-hub.

20230326_101552[1].jpg

Flanged nut is probably from one of the a frame posts at the spar on the bulkhead. I think they have flanged nuts, I know the rears are bossed into the spars to hold a regular nut, those are usually the ones that back out.

On 3/26/2023 at 8:57 PM, racinfarmer said:

One mystery part is a clutch alignment washer.  If the nut is silver, it's exhaust manifold to cylinder, nyloc is chassis where from depends on what size 

Last one is a mangled snap ring, can't see if the jackshaft bearing has one 

7 hours ago, krom said:

One mystery part is a clutch alignment washer.  If the nut is silver, it's exhaust manifold to cylinder, nyloc is chassis where from depends on what size 

Last one is a mangled snap ring, can't see if the jackshaft bearing has one 

The nut is definitely from the exhaust.  I suspect the same with the one that appears to be a clutch alignment washer too.

The one that gets me is the two balls from a bearing.  This sled has had the engine replaced, but has not had any bearings replaced.  I do not have a clue where they would have come from.  

I guess I'll see what else comes out of it during a summer/fall refresh.  

Other than a wasted jackshaft/driveshaft bearing IDK.

You ride with many poo guys?  Their sleds are famous for exploding jackshaft bearings.  Maybe they threw them under the hood on you?

• 1 month later...

First part of the spring order of parts showed up, still short a bunch of parts on backorder.

Since last night and today hasn't been conducive to farming, wrapped up the race cars for the start of the season and have been doing quad and SxS maintenance.

Polaris Sportsman 850 and 570 - found 18 grease zerks each.

Cat Prowler Pro - 4...

Hoping to be riding quads for a long weekend in the Black Hills in 2 or 3 weekends.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 11:58 AM, racinfarmer said:

First part of the spring order of parts showed up, still short a bunch of parts on backorder.

Since last night and today hasn't been conducive to farming, wrapped up the race cars for the start of the season and have been doing quad and SxS maintenance.

Polaris Sportsman 850 and 570 - found 18 grease zerks each.

Cat Prowler Pro - 4...

Hoping to be riding quads for a long weekend in the Black Hills in 2 or 3 weekends.

I think our 95 Polarisust have around 18 zerks too, if not more.  I just hit them. Probably$20 in grease. The more you looked the more you find, nuts!  After hitting BOTH steering post zerks, the steering squeaks.  Shouldn't have even done it!  And three chains to lube...

18 hours ago, mnstang said:

I think our 95 Polarisust have around 18 zerks too, if not more.  I just hit them. Probably$20 in grease. The more you looked the more you find, nuts!  After hitting BOTH steering post zerks, the steering squeaks.  Shouldn't have even done it!  And three chains to lube...

I'm thinking the Prowler will need a complete suspension rebuild after harvest this year.

There is a new squeak, which I suspect is a rock in the brake pad/rotor.

The odd one is the occasional grinding noise when going downhill and freewheeling.  And it isn't like "is that a grinding noise I'm hearing?" kind of noise.  It is loud as hell.  

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm thinking the Prowler will need a complete suspension rebuild after harvest this year.

The odd one is the occasional grinding noise when going downhill and freewheeling.  And it isn't like "is that a grinding noise I'm hearing?" kind of noise.  It is loud as hell.  

I'd really like to get a prowler pro someday.

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

have you taken the one way bearing out of it yet?

1 minute ago, krom said:

have you taken the one way bearing out of it yet?

No.  It is the way it came from Salvage.

Is that a thing on these too? 

I had to take it out of the 15 XT700 I had.  

It doesn't do it all the time either, only in certain situations and mostly on pavement.  Doesn't seem to do it on gravel or in the field.  

19 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

No.  It is the way it came from Salvage.

Is that a thing on these too? 

I had to take it out of the 15 XT700 I had.  

It doesn't do it all the time either, only in certain situations and mostly on pavement.  Doesn't seem to do it on gravel or in the field.  

15 was the last year for it in the SXS.

See if he can 3d print some decent secondary rollers for those junks next. Wouldn’t be bad replacing them every 250 miles if you didn’t have to use every tool in a machine shop to do them.

Including a new track I’ve put $1200 into the 11,000 mile 2021 850 Switchback this summer - besides one wheel on order, she’ll be all back together and ready for next season by the end of the weekend!

• 4 weeks later...

Went to a flea market this morning and picked up a Tekvest Supersport for $5.

Yes, $5.

The guy didn't have a clue what it was.  I mean, he could have fired up the Gargler for like 30 seconds...

May be for sale at Princeton.  A L/XL doesn't fit my fatass, apparently.  Even though I wear a L for racing sucked as tight as it'll go...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Went to a flea market this morning and picked up a Tekvest Supersport for $5.

Yes, $5.

The guy didn't have a clue what it was.  I mean, he could have fired up the Gargler for like 30 seconds...

May be for sale at Princeton.  A L/XL doesn't fit my fatass, apparently.  Even though I wear a L for racing sucked as tight as it'll go...

I mY be interested in it but not sure what you mean with sizing, does it run small or was that sarcasm?  I had a large before and I had to have it sucked in and wore it on the outside of my jacket so if it runs small for a large it would probably fit me 

On 6/2/2023 at 12:29 AM, Palu49 said:

See if he can 3d print some decent secondary rollers for those junks next. Wouldn’t be bad replacing them every 250 miles if you didn’t have to use every tool in a machine shop to do them.

18000kms on mine.