Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Doing the 440 puma swap.  Single carb for now but eventually a dual carb setup will be sweet once I collect the parts.  ERX vintage day tomorrow 

PXL_20230127_184301958.jpg

PXL_20230127_183938752.jpg

Are you going tomorrow?? I am on the fence because it is going to be fing cold 

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Are you going tomorrow?? I am on the fence because it is going to be fing cold 

Yep going tomorrow.  It looks like above zero so if it's not so windy it should be ok.  I'll be on the puma so if you see it say hi I will maybe have a buschh for you depending on if I have any left 

55 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yep going tomorrow.  It looks like above zero so if it's not so windy it should be ok.  I'll be on the puma so if you see it say hi I will maybe have a buschh for you depending on if I have any left 

Buschhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Think I'm going to the Tamarack ride tomorrow, against my better judgement.  

FML

Haven't done it in a few years, don't own any vintage sleds anymore. Stop by for a beer on the way lol

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Think I'm going to the Tamarack ride tomorrow, against my better judgement.  

FML

My stomping ground.  Are you doing the outlaw run to Lawler or the city boy run to horseshoe lake 

Had the day off today, got 7" of snow while I was home, test drove the 600 mod then got into the scrap pile and fabricated a rear bumper for the 800 that i put used running boards on last weekend.

20230127_175700.jpg

20230127_175710.jpg

20230127_214706.jpg

20230127_215350.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

My stomping ground.  Are you doing the outlaw run to Lawler or the city boy run to horseshoe lake 

Not a clue.  My friend said there are plenty of sleds on the trailer and if I want to go, it is wheels turning at 5am.

We'll see how motivated I am in 5 and a half hours.

Go south from tamarack!

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Not a clue.  My friend said there are plenty of sleds on the trailer and if I want to go, it is wheels turning at 5am.

We'll see how motivated I am in 5 and a half hours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

nah... already ordered two complete new sets for both sleds while fuming in my buddies driveway from the phone.  it's the one part of the sled I tell everyone who uses it to be careful about, so it was inevitable that I was the one to do it.  

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Duct tape will fix that 

not slipping on ice in the trailer and tripping over the tie down bar in the dark will also not do that... :$

have considered building a GD Soo intake screen protector for both of them numerous times... 

201507131316177.jpg

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nah... already ordered two complete new sets for both sleds while fuming in my buddies driveway from the phone.  it's the one part of the sled I tell everyone who uses it to be careful about, so it was inevitable that I was the one to do it.  

always wondered if they were available new yet or  if a body had to get creative in replacing them with some kind of make-shift material.

10 minutes ago, hayward said:

always wondered if they were available new yet or  if a body had to get creative in replacing them with some kind of make-shift material.

new ones are $34ea... https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/arc/5012c1caf8700219481d4c7c/air-silencer-assembly

or, make your own https://frogzskin.com/product-category/universals-mesh/

I won't piss away my time for that kind of $

Edited by Crnr2Crnr