Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

47 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm shocked @krom... can't thank you and our friend nearly enough.  didn't expect to see those weights and spring again either, let alone in the box.  🤣

IMG_20230113_215929937.jpg

You bastard, I tried swindling the y pipe out of that box for my buddies new sled. Took me half a roll of mig wire to fix all the cracks in that thing.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

15 hours ago, Palu49 said:

You bastard, I tried swindling the y pipe out of that box for my buddies new sled. Took me half a roll of mig wire to fix all the cracks in that thing.

glad I got it, mine has a slight crack.  

busy morning... 

chaincase service, compression test, new (to me) pipe and y-pipe, fresh clutch, replaced two loose rivets (are those hardened steel ffs?) added some wiring loom protection for the hood, few things I'm forgetting, and took a few test hits down the ditch and back.  @krom and @Not greg b those new weights seem to lower the engagement about 100 rpm and idk if replacing the exhaust made that much of a difference but it sure seems peppier down low.  never did compare the profiles but if you have a 2010 with the 2011 reflash and it's time to go through the clutch using stock affordable parts... I'd suggest the 2011 & up 64's at this point.  will have to see how it pulls top end as there's not enough real estate where I was and the trails aren't open.  

then it was on to the ZR3... o.O  

This one had a slight crack on top weeping some oil residue welded that one up looked inside the Y to make sure it got good penetration and could see a whole lot more daylight along the weld where the 2 pipes come together on the bottom. I told him to keep an eye out for a good one because I doubt that one’s gonna stop cracking now.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

This one had a slight crack on top weeping some oil residue welded that one up looked inside the Y to make sure it got good penetration and could see a whole lot more daylight along the weld where the 2 pipes come together on the bottom. I told him to keep an eye out for a good one because I doubt that one’s gonna stop cracking now.

yes... something that really shouldn't give you issues.  2011 and up have a different part # than 2010 so I don't know if they made better/thicker ones but that's what he/we should be looking for.

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yes... something that really shouldn't give you issues.  2011 and up have a different part # than 2010 so I don't know if they made better/thicker ones but that's what he/we should be looking for.

His is a 13 or 14 wicked clean sled with only 2400 miles, I’ll keep that in mind if I can find one. Needs front frog skins that’s about it

96DB734D-7FDD-4C75-933D-FAAE282F9D81.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The original 00 Sno Pro 440 windshields are very hard to find.  

I've found that... :sad: 

Will do some networking but I don't intend for this to be a restored garage trophy but something that can be ridden and enjoyed.  

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Palu49 said:

The worlds most expensive 17 RXC went 40 miles tonight. Gonna pull the y pipe off tomorrow and double check everything but it seems to be all good to go.

32F6B082-0759-469F-AA0D-0CD6545C4F1A.jpeg

192DEDA2-5257-453D-8B64-33845F255C19.jpeg

the reed situation obviously was resolved.  😁

8 hours ago, hayward said:

That up around Malone?

how's our friend coming along with your engine?  was on the phone with him for half an hour Saturday and forgot to bring it up.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

The pic is of Utica. They got about 5” Friday and 8-10 Sunday into Monday so finally opened the trails so I could ride right out of my garage.

Nice! :bc:  So they have snow around Barneveld?

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how's our friend coming along with your engine?  was on the phone with him for half an hour Saturday and forgot to bring it up.  

havn't talked to him at all.  Didn't really want to be pushy and bother him about it.  Maybe call him over the weekend or next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hayward said:

havn't talked to him at all.  Didn't really want to be pushy and bother him about it.  Maybe call him over the weekend or next week.

I know he's busy and tweaked himself manhandling an 800...

28 minutes ago, hayward said:

Nice! :bc:  So they have snow around Barneveld?

Trails actually close at barneveld they got less snow than we did in Utica this last event.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes although I’m not sure what came out of it was the correct PN based on the ones we found to go back in

• Like 1