Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Mine is around 7500, I have no question that the motor will go a long time. I'm just wanting a little newer chassis and reverse etc

Not educated enough on newer cats to figure out what for sure I would like.

I'd consider a snopro 500.  Fun and reliable, pretty simple.   If I could only have one snowmobile that's probably what I'd have.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I saw this today thinking about it for a new back up/Wife sled. Seems like a fair price for around here in New England 

BA5029C5-BE14-47DF-B3BF-C1EDB50B4663.png

Seems like a good sled.  A sled with a tall windshield and luggage bags is probably taken care of well and not thrashed.  Typically.

• Gold Member
Just now, mnstang said:

Seems like a good sled.  A sled with a tall windshield and luggage bags is probably taken care of well and not thrashed.  Typically.

Agree Grandpa sled . Ive ridden Procross's and like them better than Doos . Wouldn't mind owning one around the $6k range.

7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I saw this today thinking about it for a new back up/Wife sled. Seems like a fair price for around here in New England 

BA5029C5-BE14-47DF-B3BF-C1EDB50B4663.png

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Seems like a reasonable price too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Agree Grandpa sled . Ive ridden Procross's and like them better than Doos . Wouldn't mind owning one around the $6k range.

Total opposite for me, trail sled wise. I don’t have any serious hate for PC chassis sleds but they are on the bottom of my list. I haven’t ridden a G4 or G5 Doo though either I guess but the last Doo I rode (XS chassis Renegade XRS) I was happily surprised. My Indy works really well for me. The 600 is definitely slow but gets the job done. Price was right so is what it is. 

845A7CB9-C24C-4180-A01A-071E4D949E4C.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Total opposite for me, trail sled wise. I don’t have any serious hate for PC chassis sleds but they are on the bottom of my list. I haven’t ridden a G4 or G5 Doo though either I guess but the last Doo I rode (XS chassis Renegade XRS) I was happily surprised. My Indy works really well for me. The 600 is definitely slow but gets the job done. Price was right so is what it is. 

845A7CB9-C24C-4180-A01A-071E4D949E4C.jpeg

Honestly that would be my first choice for the Wife. Prob just have to coin up I guess.....Yours esp cus it matches my other two :thumbsup:

06C93CF9-363A-47D0-A04F-38BDA353BC04.jpeg

Guys supposedly coming to get my 22 RR tomorrow for way too much money and then I’m gonna go pick up an 18 RXC to ride for the year until I can get on a Catalyst. There’s a new XC circuit starting up up here that me and a buddy of mine would like to go get beat badly in so I hope the rules don’t put me in a real race class with the RXC 😂. Figured it would be best to try to unload my 22 while Covid prices are still a thing between watching used powersports and auto dealer auctions prices are about to take a big nose dive.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Guys supposedly coming to get my 22 RR tomorrow for way too much money and then I’m gonna go pick up an 18 RXC to ride for the year until I can get on a Catalyst. There’s a new XC circuit starting up up here that me and a buddy of mine would like to go get beat badly in so I hope the rules don’t put me in a real race class with the RXC 😂. Figured it would be best to try to unload my 22 while Covid prices are still a thing between watching used powersports and auto dealer auctions prices are about to take a big nose dive.

If you aren't ripping the seat at the cutaway on that 18, you aren't racing hard enough.

Let me know if you need any other tips.  The 18's needed some help.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you aren't ripping the seat at the cutaway on that 18, you aren't racing hard enough.

Let me know if you need any other tips.  The 18's needed some help.

Of course they would that’s why it’s the best deal I can find on one 😂. I’m a little scared of the cutaway seat whether I’ll love it or hate it, I usually ride super far forward for whatever reason so I think I’m gonna be right on the edge just sitting down. Sleds super clean though an older guy has it and says he bought it new, it’s got a big tunnel bag and medium windshield so I wouldn’t be totally surprised if that’s the truth.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Of course they would that’s why it’s the best deal I can find on one 😂. I’m a little scared of the cutaway seat whether I’ll love it or hate it, I usually ride super far forward for whatever reason so I think I’m gonna be right on the edge just sitting down. Sleds super clean though an older guy has it and says he bought it new, it’s got a big tunnel bag and medium windshield so I wouldn’t be totally surprised if that’s the truth.

Well, if you buy it and race it, I'll let you know the few things you should do to help it along.  Trail riding it should be just fine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Well, if you buy it and race it, I'll let you know the few things you should do to help it along.  Trail riding it should be just fine.

There’s only 4 races and 3 of them are ice races so now I’m questioning my desire to even try it that shit looks scary 😂. Figure it’s worth a shot to help out the new series and say that I did it. I’ll trail ride the sled too unless my girlfriend decides she doesn’t wanna ride this year I’ll take my 600 limited 

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

There’s only 4 races and 3 of them are ice races so now I’m questioning my desire to even try it that shit looks scary 😂. Figure it’s worth a shot to help out the new series and say that I did it. I’ll trail ride the sled too unless my girlfriend decides she doesn’t wanna ride this year I’ll take my 600 limited 

What kind of ice races? 

Plowed down to the ice or more of a lake cross where they plow the first few corners and just throw markers in whatever snow there is?

22 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Are you talking performance things or durability things?

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

What kind of ice races? 

Plowed down to the ice or more of a lake cross where they plow the first few corners and just throw markers in whatever snow there is?

Honestly no clue yet, it’s one of the new ones to pop up since Rock maple went out and this is gonna be their first season. Looks like they’re isr sanctioned but details and schedule are just coming out.

New unit got picked up, guy that bought my 22 nitpicked at the pictures of a 300 mile sled and then showed up to tow it 5 hours home on an open trailer… Guy with the 18 RXC started dicking me around so I bought this 17 with new shocks and a new long block, same chassis miles for less money. Riser and the windshield have to go but it’s WAYYY cleaner than I expected after tearing into it tonight.

42F08279-F1D5-49BB-BD5F-DCEC188AA59A.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

New unit got picked up, guy that bought my 22 nitpicked at the pictures of a 300 mile sled and then showed up to tow it 5 hours home on an open trailer… Guy with the 18 RXC started dicking me around so I bought this 17 with new shocks and a new long block, same chassis miles for less money. Riser and the windshield have to go but it’s WAYYY cleaner than I expected after tearing into it tonight.

42F08279-F1D5-49BB-BD5F-DCEC188AA59A.jpeg

Nice find . Congrats . 

• Like 1