Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

22 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Send that bitch down into turn one and hope you sent it enough. Yikes. I’ll pass, thanks. 

We'ed get sent off 6-8 wide, 5 seconds apart per wave.  That first turn would make your asshole pucker.  Usually fairly wide.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

True story or maga carnage

Thankfully, I never remember any major wrecks in the first turn, the classes that leave as a wave are more experienced and realize what we all run for carbides and studs.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

We'ed get sent off 6-8 wide, 5 seconds apart per wave.  That first turn would make your asshole pucker.  Usually fairly wide.

Thankfully, I never remember any major wrecks in the first turn, the classes that leave as a wave are more experienced and realize what we all run for carbides and studs.

The fatalities I witnessed there, it wasn't the first turn so much as snowdust. If it's below zero or fresh snow I hope they rethink it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krom said:

I'm all for it.  Nothing like a little competition to push you

I'm with @racinfarmer, pro's and more experienced racers let em have at it.  All of em?  Nah.

21 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

The fatalities I witnessed there, it wasn't the first turn so much as snowdust. If it's below zero or fresh snow I hope they rethink it.

Well said... hope you don't turn into lifeflight ;)

25 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

The one was in the mid to late 90's, wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm with @racinfarmer, pro's and more experienced racers let em have at it.  All of em?  Nah.

Well said... hope you don't turn into lifeflight ;)

Unfortunately, a few people have had the helicopter ride from there. 

Kind of strange, you could put us out on a lake that is wide open and people are getting air lifted from the track.  Park Rapids in the woods, no injuries.

And my comment isn't directed at one race promoter over another, series, etc, more as a whole.  Funny, I think nothing of it when they run the one lunger races and the whole class leaves at a time, sometimes 50+ sleds.

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Kind of strange, you could put us out on a lake that is wide open and people are getting air lifted from the track.  Park Rapids in the woods, no injuries.

And my comment isn't directed at one race promoter over another, series, etc, more as a whole.  Funny, I think nothing of it when they run the one lunger races and the whole class leaves at a time, sometimes 50+ sleds.

there's a difference... and you know it as well as they likely do. 

that said, I hope it's a safe and enjoyable race for all.  ;)

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My son was racing Juniors at the time, the guy that hit him didn't realize it till he got to the next corner and saw him laying across the skis. It was a disaster all around, zero visibility people were crashing hitting drifts they didn't see. It's the reason they went to timed events. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

My son was racing Juniors at the time, the guy that hit him didn't realize it till he got to the next corner and saw him laying across the skis. It was a disaster all around, zero visibility people were crashing hitting drifts they didn't see. It's the reason they went to timed events. 

I am glad I wasn't there for that.

That would have been a done racing right now event for me, like for sale signs on the sleds and trailer before I left Bagley.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I am glad I wasn't there for that.

That would have been a done racing right now event for me, like for sale signs on the sleds and trailer before I left Bagley.  

so, and I'm certain it's racing political how did the event go backwards from your perspective? 

have we lost all common sense?  the transponder method works, it's been proven.  is it a machismo thing? 

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so, and I'm certain it's racing political how did the event go backwards from your perspective? 

have we lost all common sense?  the transponder method works, it's been proven.  is it a machismo thing? 

I guess I'm going to refrain from posting my thoughts on that too much other then I think the promotor wants to do things different.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I guess I'm going to refrain from posting my thoughts on that too much other then I think the promotor wants to do things different.  

I think they are doing it that way because it is the 25 year anniversary since Gerald passed and they want it as close to how things were done back in the day. It will be interesting seeing the class with all the old guys on the the sleds they raced back in those days going at it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I think they are doing it that way because it is the 25 year anniversary since Gerald passed and they want it as close to how things were done back in the day. It will be interesting seeing the class with all the old guys on the the sleds they raced back in those days going at it. 

are you going?

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Stayed a hell of a lot closer to home today and ripped around a lake here. 

The boys would still be out riding if we'd let them.  

Put a solid 120 miles on mine.  Need to throw scratchers on it.

20221210_155713[1].jpg.png

Sweet, and it appears lowered?