Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I got ambitious yesterday and ordered an idler wheel.   

I decided the 5 year old cover with a broken stretch cord needed to be replaced.  Everything else was done back in May.

And yeah @EvilBird, sleds have been started all summer every other week with full tanks of gas.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym is going to make some wrist straps to hang onto his 9R due to the arm ripping power.  Gym wonders if anyone here has a suggestion.  Gym appreciates your help in advance.   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Slapped the poser skis on my sled. Picked them up for $200 with a brand new set of 7.5” shapers. 600 is getting the Ice slipper swapped out with a regular old track with studs and the ski Doo and a couple others have been in and out for preseason services. Chassis against the wall is for my 98 Tcat project which I just picked up my fresh crank, balance shaft and “trail/lake race” ported cases and jugs for.

DED2B204-174C-4D4D-A660-EF8DCB9355A1.jpeg

52AC2087-C6B2-4B2B-9FFF-1A0B41DA0899.jpeg

D626803B-9308-4640-BC8D-467389166A9E.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Slapped the poser skis on my sled. Picked them up for $200 with a brand new set of 7.5” shapers. 600 is getting the Ice slipper swapped out with a regular old track with studs and the ski Doo and a couple others have been in and out for preseason services. Chassis against the wall is for my 98 Tcat project which I just picked up my fresh crank, balance shaft and “trail/lake race” ported cases and jugs for.

:thumbsup: good to see you Paul

where's @taperk600 ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:thumbsup: good to see you Paul

where's @taperk600 ?

OTB ... I saw some pics of him enjoying a trip to the UK.  Hopefully when he's back and gets into sledding mode, we'll see what he's up to for this season.  He's always got some good stuff going on.

• Like 2

I might make some room in the house garage for one or maybe two sleds to come up there, this weekend. Honestly, with the 60-70 degree temps, I haven’t thought about them much. I do have a $400 ish Klim order on its way to the house though, so there’s that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

OTB ... I saw some pics of him enjoying a trip to the UK.  Hopefully when he's back and gets into sledding mode, we'll see what he's up to for this season.  He's always got some good stuff going on.

were you on FACEBOOK?!!!!!!!!!!!?

:roflcrying:

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

The guys gotta be on some sort of watch list at this point for how much time he spends in different countries 😂

I talked to him a few weeks back about any good tcat parts he may have laying around and then I realized a 1998 Thundercat was at least 78 sleds ago for him.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Did he get sleds for this year?? It’s been a while since I have talked to him. He has been on cruise mode. 

9 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The guys gotta be on some sort of watch list at this point for how much time he spends in different countries 😂

I talked to him a few weeks back about any good tcat parts he may have laying around and then I realized a 1998 Thundercat was at least 78 sleds ago for him.

I seriously had to chuckle at the bold ... and the even funnier thing is, you're probably pretty damn close on that guess!! :lol2:

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Did he get sleds for this year?? It’s been a while since I have talked to him. He has been on cruise mode. 

Maybe he didn't ... I was thinking he pulled the trigger on a '23.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I seriously had to chuckle at the bold ... and the even funnier thing is, you're probably pretty damn close on that guess!! :lol2:

Maybe he didn't ... I was thinking he pulled the trigger on a '23.

He may have. He was on the fence this spring about it as there wasn’t a rr this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I haven't pm'd back and forth with him on FB since spring.

His last post here... 

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

AFIK He took this year off from ordering a sled

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

Both Sabercat 500's gone over and ready.  ZR8000 next, once over, slides, thinking an extra idler close to the tail.  Probably some new ice scratcher tips for the hot running overheating pig.  

The 04 F7 needs a speedo side driveshaft bearing, I'll get to that after deer season. 

• Like 1