Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Finished up the Indy last night. Road side carbide probably had a few more runs left on it but I swapped it out so I had ALL the steering. 

5FD4866E-742B-4DA8-B0F8-9536DC1CE9E0.jpeg

I really enjoy being able to turn both left and right.  It can be very beneficial at times.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I really enjoy being able to turn both left and right.  It can be very beneficial at times.

Me too so that’s why I put a good carbide on the left ski. The one that was on the right was actually still in good shape. Good enough for the first few rides anyway. I never put good/new carbides on until the trails get rolling decent. A lot of them around our place can be pretty rocky. 

10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Me too so that’s why I put a good carbide on the left ski. The one that was on the right was actually still in good shape. Good enough for the first few rides anyway. I never put good/new carbides on until the trails get rolling decent. A lot of them around our place can be pretty rocky. 

Yeah, good idea for sure.  Broke my heart to pay the outrageous amount for a new set but, I didn’t have an old set this year.  I can’t wait to cuss at every “click” and “drag” they get.

Damn….runners got expensive as hell!!!

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, but, like @Not greg b stated, when they burn down or can’t be adjusted to be smooth riding machines, owners, who should HAVE NEVER bought one, will take to the web and cry.  These are people that shouldn’t even own BBQ tools.  It’s funny but, when I started contacting race teams, it almost took a damn reference to get them to talk to me seriously about buying a sled.  They really don’t want to sell it to any “Joe Neckbone” so they can start fielding their calls on how they sold a defective machine.  Fuck that….I don’t blame them.  

BTW, the Iqrr, the original Doo XRS and the first Cat RR we’re about as close to the race machines as it got (prolly the first Poo Rr too). Those are long gone now.  Watered down shocks and the HD chassis parts are now more of what consumers have.  But, still splashy “look at me” decals and really, isn’t that what it’s all about?  Yes!

Yeah no I get it but I think they could still do something, if they wanted to. Seeing as how it’s not a big sales point for them, and the issues that you speak of, I know that’s why Polaris wont do it anymore. Well, according to the couple of Polaris people that I have met over the years anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, good idea for sure.  Broke my heart to pay the outrageous amount for a new set but, I didn’t have an old set this year.  I can’t wait to cuss at every “click” and “drag” they get.

Yup. They’re ridiculous for sure. Last year I even did the SP1s on the RMK. That sled RARELY sees anything that the carbides would actually do anything on so it doesn’t need anything special, that’s for sure. 

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Finished up the Indy last night. Road side carbide probably had a few more runs left on it but I swapped it out so I had ALL the steering. 

5FD4866E-742B-4DA8-B0F8-9536DC1CE9E0.jpeg

Rental Sled

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I rotate my skis before every ride, and if we're going on a long ride I rotate them at the halfway bar.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Woody's executives wear well and can take a hit, those bendy shaper's are for the birds.

3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yeah no I get it but I think they could still do something, if they wanted to. Seeing as how it’s not a big sales point for them, and the issues that you speak of, I know that’s why Polaris wont do it anymore. Well, according to the couple of Polaris people that I have met over the years anyway. 

Dump the RR, offer the RXC 800 137" and if it's too stiff for the posers they can get them revalved.  

Should be interesting to see how much of the poser valving Polaris took out of the XCR for 2022.  :lol:

Poser edition

968429838_ScreenShot2019-03-21at9_25_05PM.png.87ee7bc9a120500737fcfa228665d170.png

Not a poser edition?  :lmao:

C990FEA1-56D1-442B-B0E7-ED61ED3F9CF1.jpeg.33abb765f7ac9c4c282d574360982694.thumb.jpeg.ed4ef1b4525c775fe4e0be86da35c20e.jpeg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Rental Sled

I rotate my skis before every ride, and if we're going on a long ride I rotate them at the halfway bar.

Woody's executives wear well and can take a hit, those bendy shaper's are for the birds.

Dump the RR, offer the RXC 800 137" and if it's too stiff for the posers they can get them revalved.  

Should be interesting to see how much of the poser valving Polaris took out of the XCR for 2022.  :lol:

Poser edition

968429838_ScreenShot2019-03-21at9_25_05PM.png.87ee7bc9a120500737fcfa228665d170.png

C990FEA1-56D1-442B-B0E7-ED61ED3F9CF1.jpeg.33abb765f7ac9c4c282d574360982694.thumb.jpeg.ed4ef1b4525c775fe4e0be86da35c20e.jpeg

Oddly enough, even though I replaced the hyfax while the skid was out, they weren’t that bad. I could have rotated them. 

A lot of talk about how soft the XCRs are. I’d still like to try one. 

That sled is upright and I don’t see one order of cheese curds. Fucking fail. 

44 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Machines have been unloaded from trailer and are in the Cat workshop.  Prepping season is here.

❄️ ing here atm 

Should be some overly anxious entertainment on FB to browse this evening.

The only thing I have to do is yank my skid on the 500, swap shocks, grease, check over and go.  I have started them once a week since they've been home just to alert the neighbors.  :)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

34 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

❄️ ing here atm 

Should be some overly anxious entertainment on FB to browse this evening.

On my way, see you in 3 hours.  Just put a 3.75" 174" track on the assault.  Haven't had a chance to put a tunnel extension on yet and can't figure out the brake bleeding, but let's go for a rip.  I want to see how my 13.3" bar riser and new track works.  Brraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

On my way, see you in 3 hours.  Just put a 3.75" 174" track on the assault.  Haven't had a chance to put a tunnel extension on yet and can't figure out the brake bleeding, but let's go for a rip.  I want to see how my 13.3" bar riser and new track works.  Brraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

if you haven't changed the skis out yet, just stay home.  :lol2:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Rental Sled

Poser edition

Damn fine lookin’ sled!  If I could find a crated 17, I’d prolly grab it. My buddy still has his.  It’s the last “easy” SX conversion.  

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if you haven't changed the skis out yet, just stay home.  :lol2:

LOL!  Fastest way I know if I’m gonna have to wait for folks if if they pull up on stockers.  I don’t think I know of one person I rode with that has stock skis.  We’re all trail racing retards.  Or as @Doug says, “Want-a-bee” racers.  :lol:

:stirthepot:

53C2C69C-4377-4BA2-A957-F5DBD8E07D31.gif

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

A lot of talk about how soft the XCRs are. I’d still like to try one. 

The Hi/Low shocks on the bailer XCR's were a major improvement from the "clickers" the Pro-S came with.

"Firmer yet smoother" was my description..... And I only ran them about half way up the firm scale.  I'm sure I could have tightened them up a bunch more, but for the way I ride, it wasn't necessary.

Stud Boy 9" dualies work great for me as well, no shims. 

I ride plenty fast on trails, I am not looking to test out a tree, nor an oncoming sled.  :snack:

Edited by Mag6240

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Fastest way I know if I’m gonna have to wait for folks if if they pull up on stockers.  I don’t think I know of one person I rode with that has stock skis.  We’re all trail racing retards.  Or as @Doug says, “Want-a-bee” racers.  :lol:

:stirthepot:

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Fuck that, I cut them down to 5" so they go better in the shallow snow.  Square front ftmfw.

Snow Trackers and Parabolic Skis... Yeah that's the ticket. 

I just had the RMK running after work and there’s still a few inches of wet slop in the yard. I almost pulled the trigger but don’t have the tunnel bag and shovel on it yet so decided that it wasn’t worth it. 

Currently making plans with the boys for a Keewenaw backcountry trip. Can’t wait. Last time I was up there riding was 2009. 

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

The Hi/Low shocks on the bailer XCR's were a major improvement from the "clickers" the Pro-S came with.

"Firmer yet smoother" was my description..... And I only ran them about half way up the firm scale.  I'm sure I could have tightened them up a bunch more, but for the way I ride, it wasn't necessary.

Stud Boy 9" dualies work great for me as well, no shims. 

I ride plenty fast on trails, I am not looking to test out a tree, nor an oncoming sled.  :snack:

You can add the Hi/Lo adjust to Walker Evan shocks if they don't have them.  Fox also offers their own version called DSC (dual speed).  Just added them to a set of Fox for our now lone Arctic Cat rider in our group on his YamaCat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I just had the RMK running after work and there’s still a few inches of wet slop in the yard. I almost pulled the trigger but don’t have the tunnel bag and shovel on it yet so decided that it wasn’t worth it. 

send it pussy

58 minutes ago, Doug said:

You can add the Hi/Lo adjust to Walker Evan shocks if they don't have them.  Fox also offers their own version called DSC (dual speed).  Just added them to a set of Fox for our now lone Arctic Cat rider in our group on his YamaCat.

once dialed in on any sled, enormous difference.

any spring changes?  this is one realm Hygear is excellent at, matching springs, shocks and valving for rider weight and intended use.

40 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Speaking of skis. I have a set of these coming. I will run 4 sno trackers aggressive model 

C9793CEC-58AA-4A22-94E1-DD191150226B.png

I'm very excited to follow you with a GoPro using these new skis with Snow Trackers on them.  :lol:

body-cast.jpg

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

191DD116-679D-4E1E-A1C0-59704D270B30.jpeg

that's what you get for running a worn down skag on the right and a snow tracker on the left

everyone warned you, but you showed them!  

:lmao:

EDIT: is that a Minnetonka moccasin on your right foot?  dude, let me borrow you A croc!  :lol: 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's what you get for running a worn down skag on the right and a snow tracker on the left

everyone warned you, but you showed them!  

:lmao:

EDIT: is that a Minnetonka moccasin on your right foot?  dude, let me borrow you A croc!  :lol: 

I am too poor for that. That’s a dollar general tire 

On 11/29/2021 at 9:32 PM, Not greg b said:

Speaking of skis. I have a set of these coming. I will run 4 sno trackers aggressive model 

C9793CEC-58AA-4A22-94E1-DD191150226B.png

I would never run those.  Too much of a chance they get caught on something and send you flying.