Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

On 10/21/2021 at 8:39 PM, racinfarmer said:

Little miffed right meow.

I have Enticer parts on order from 4 different places.  All for have emailed me or called me this week to let me know my stuff is on backorder and they are only doing ship complete orders.  Can't even get partial orders to keep making progress on stuff.

FB_IMG_1634981792478.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Posted my son's Bravo and parts sled on marketplace yesterday.  Dealing with the usual idiots.

I don't think a Bravo would be too bad.

Sold one of the ZR's the other weekend.  It went pretty well once I found a person committed to coming to look at it.  Had the usual idiots offering my 50-60% of my asking price, telling me it is the best offer I'll get from anyone.

Now I'm holding out for a 2017 XF6000 Cross Country or other sleds of interest, maybe.  Maybe a 2 up Barney or Procross.

Selling my old race sleds has always been the biggest PITA when I can't get them moved on ASAP after the season would be over with.

55 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't think a Bravo would be too bad.

Sold one of the ZR's the other weekend.  It went pretty well once I found a person committed to coming to look at it.  Had the usual idiots offering my 50-60% of my asking price, telling me it is the best offer I'll get from anyone.

Now I'm holding out for a 2017 XF6000 Cross Country or other sleds of interest, maybe.  Maybe a 2 up Barney or Procross.

Selling my old race sleds has always been the biggest PITA when I can't get them moved on ASAP after the season would be over with.

Ahh can’t forget the old “I can get the same sled for this price so that’s what you should take” people too. Had one of those on my 18 limited 800. Actually his argument was I can get the same sled for 5500 but I’ll give you 6 for yours. Told him he better go get that other one. Sold the sled for 8500 while he was telling me how I’d be lucky to get 55.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It’s like a Cat circle jerk in here. Gross. 

We have time to circle jerk and get the lint rollers out for the hair and work on Enticers and whatnot because we don't have avy shovels to wax to get ready for trail riding season. :bc:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Ahh can’t forget the old “I can get the same sled for this price so that’s what you should take” people too. Had one of those on my 18 limited 800. Actually his argument was I can get the same sled for 5500 but I’ll give you 6 for yours. Told him he better go get that other one. Sold the sled for 8500 while he was telling me how I’d be lucky to get 55.

I love it when a guy lowballs you online, I say no.  They ask me what my bottom dollar is, I tell them, then they start negotiating down from that number.

When I say no every time, they get irritated and start talking about how "I thought we could meet in the middle".  As if they don't know what bottom dollar means?  No respect for these clowns.  I generally don't like to negotiate at all if not in person but sometimes you have to play their game.  These people nowadays are clueless and have no respect for themselves and how they do business or deal with people.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I love it when a guy lowballs you online, I say no.  They ask me what my bottom dollar is, I tell them, then they start negotiating down from that number.

When I say no every time, they get irritated and start talking about how "I thought we could meet in the middle".  As if they don't know what bottom dollar means?  No respect for these clowns.  I generally don't like to negotiate at all if not in person but sometimes you have to play their game.  These people nowadays are clueless and have no respect for themselves and how they do business or deal with people.

The first msg on the bravo was just that. "What's your bottom dollar cash?". And then sends me a screenshot of a 99 vmax 600 and says this 600 is newer and almost the same money....

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mnstang said:

When I sold one of my bikes, I had a guy who was all excited to buy it until he looked on Bicycle Bluebook.  Yes, that is a thing.

He then proceeded to offer me about 1/4 of my asking price, then upped it by $50 because he was being generous and I wouldn't see another offer higher then his (I sold it for almost asking price)

Every day or two, he'd keep pestering me, which later turned to insulting me via messanger on the Book.

Normally, I'd just ignore him or block him, but one message he sent me said if I even knew how to sell anything, because I suck at it.

Now, one evening while I was drinking, he messaged me again, so I finally checked out this jackasses profile. 

Radio talk show host.

Against my better judgement, I got liquored up and called him on air.  

He was NOT happy, and after a few nasty-grams, I posted a few screenshots  of his messages on the stations FB page for a few hours, which was responded to by many frantic messages.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I refuse to negotiate anymore unless in person. 

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

When I sold one of my bikes, I had a guy who was all excited to buy it until he looked on Bicycle Bluebook.  Yes, that is a thing.

He then proceeded to offer me about 1/4 of my asking price, then upped it by $50 because he was being generous and I wouldn't see another offer higher then his (I sold it for almost asking price)

Every day or two, he'd keep pestering me, which later turned to insulting me via messanger on the Book.

Normally, I'd just ignore him or block him, but one message he sent me said if I even knew how to sell anything, because I suck at it.

Now, one evening while I was drinking, he messaged me again, so I finally checked out this jackasses profile. 

Radio talk show host.

He was NOT happy, and after a few nasty-grams, I posted a few screenshots  of his messages on the stations FB page for a few hours, which was responded to by many frantic messages.

You legit were fucking with him at his place of work? Oh how classy. 

34 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

The first msg on the bravo was just that. "What's your bottom dollar cash?". And then sends me a screenshot of a 99 vmax 600 and says this 600 is newer and almost the same money....

There's alot I could say about that but I probably don't need to.  For what it's worth I thought your asking price was very fair, if not low, for that machine with a parts sled.

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Radio talk show host.

He NOT happy, and after a few nasty-grams, I posted a few screenshots  of his messages on the stations FB page for a few hours, which was responded to by many frantic messages.

With these people, it's like they've never heard of moving on.  Don't like the price, no problem-don't buy it.

I had a guy fly in to buy a very nice and rare car I had for sale.  I meet him and his wife near the airport at his hotel.  He looks over the car real well, we all go for a ride, he wants to go talk in the hotel lobby.  I'm thinking ok let's see the money.  We sit down and he takes out a folder and shows me the Carfax and how it said there was an accident in this car's history.. and he's playing it like a lawyer like he's building a case and then proceeds to offer me about half of my price!  I couldn't believe it.  I sat there and looked at him and just said... No.  He basically regurgitates everything he just said, as if I care about any of it or it'll change anything.  I'm just like yeah I guess we don't have a deal.  Then he wants to negotiate between our numbers and I told him we're too far apart.  Mind you, I sold it for full asking price and from what I hear, that guy sold it for about 50% more, it was an extremely nice car that I built up and you won't find another example of that car that nice or well done.

I couldn't believe he'd fly out somewhere, and waste everyone's time for that kind of BS.

Fwiw what you did to the bike guy was perfectly deserved, and funny, how people act to other people there are consequences and frankly you should always act like other people are watching, it is who that guy was, you didn't fabricate anything or play any tricks.  Don't mind wilting flower Sarasota soy boy, he's probably the degenerates we are always dealing with.

Edited by mnstang

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

We have time to circle jerk and get the lint rollers out for the hair and work on Enticers and whatnot because we don't have avy shovels to wax to get ready for trail riding season. :bc:

or checking your email every ten minutes to see if your new sled has been built or shipped, then wondering if it will come with all the parts so it can be ridden.  :)

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

There's alot I could say about that but I probably don't need to.  For what it's worth I thought your asking price was very fair, if not low, for that machine with a parts sled.

With these people, it's like they've never heard of moving on.  Don't like the price, no problem-don't buy it.

I had a guy fly in to buy a very nice and rare car I had for sale.  I meet him and his wife near the airport at his hotel.  He looks over the car real well, we all go for a ride, he wants to go talk in the hotel lobby.  I'm thinking ok let's see the money.  We sit down and he takes out a folder and shows me the Carfax and how it said there was an accident in this car's history.. and he's playing it like a lawyer like he's building a case and then proceeds to offer me about half of my price!  I couldn't believe it.  I sat there and looked at him and just said... No.  He basically regurgitates everything he just said, as if I care about any of it or it'll change anything.  I'm just like yeah I guess we don't have a deal.  Then he wants to negotiate between our numbers and I told him we're too far apart.  Mind you, I sold it for full asking price and from what I hear, that guy sold it for about 50% more, it was an extremely nice car that I built up and you won't find another example of that car that nice or well done.

I couldn't believe he'd fly out somewhere, and waste everyone's time for that kind of BS.

Fwiw what you did to the bike guy was perfectly deserved, and funny, how people act to other people there are consequences and frankly you should always act like other people are watching, it is who that guy was, you didn't fabricate anything or play any tricks.  Don't mind wilting flower Sarasota soy boy, he's probably the degenerates we are always dealing with.

if/when I decide to sell one of mine it's going on BAT with a reserve to avoid completely avoid all that shit.  https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/

funny thing is, when I bought it 15 years ago the owner and I talked on the phone, he sent me what I needed to see, we agreed upon the price, I flew out to KY, got off the plane, he was there with the car, I looked it over top to bottom, test drove it and went to his bank with the $ and drove home.  had it not been what he said it was I had a return flight home 4 hours later.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

56 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

or checking your email every ten minutes to see if your new sled has been built or shipped, then wondering if it will come with all the parts so it can be ridden.  :)

if/when I decide to sell one of mine it's going on BAT with a reserve to avoid completely avoid all that shit.  https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/

funny thing is, when I bought it 15 years ago the owner and I talked on the phone, he sent me what I needed to see, we agreed upon the price, I flew out to KY, got off the plane, he was there with the car, I looked it over top to bottom, test drove it and went to his bank with the $ and drove home.  had it not been what he said it was I had a return flight home 4 hours later.

Im just waiting for an email of "when will you be coming up , we have to alert the authorities"

6 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Im just waiting for an email of "when will you be coming up , we have to alert the authorities"

hide the women and children, and the sheep!!!!

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’ll be riding. :dunno:

until the track explodes... :lmao:

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I knew that.  :)

But, Camso makes them so you'll probably be just fine.

Yeah you fuckin did. :owned: :lol:

Has a Cat only part number so I’ll probably loose at least 5 mph up top. :flush:

I should honestly stop fucking around and at least get that thing out of the pole barn and into the garage.