Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't forget the matching snow flap

REV_Stripper.jpg

skies?

SKIES?

just slightly more annoying than SNOWPRO or.... SON PRO

:ronald:

tell us about your helmet mohawk

I am not even joking when I tell you that the best man in my wedding made me stop at the truck stop on the way north once, waaaay back, so he could buy a pair of chrome “trucker girls” as he calls them, to pin to the snow flap on his 15,000 mile 2001 ZR800. They were still there, last time I looked. :flush:

So now your going to pick apart my posts because of autocorrect, eh? Sheesh. Tough crowd. :news:

I draw the line at helmet ornamentation. I could be mistaken for an elk or a moose, in the areas that I ride. Plus, I’m not Indian but please tell us more, ya racist prick. :lmao:

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not building my sled for them though.  I’d really prefer them stop taking their god damn hands off the bars to tell me how many retards are behind Them too.  Pass that along to your riding buddies.

I’m thinking that I might start just throwing stones at them. Maybe then they will get the hint that I don’t gaf about how many friends they THINK they still have behind them. :dunno:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't forget the matching snow flap

REV_Stripper.jpg

skies?

SKIES?

just slightly more annoying than SNOWPRO or.... SON PRO

:ronald:

along with longer carbides and less FTS spring pressure, bonus for one up on the limiter strap

give the guy a break, it could happen to anyone

it also wouldn't be as funny if it was just anyone though

tell us about your helmet mohawk

they haven't mastered 'throttle modulation'? 

:lol:

Yet 100's of drunk/stoned weekend warrior morons are coming at you in the other direction every weekend on completely stock sleds 'set up' by their dealer - not concerned at all what kind of skis you have on every corner.  :wacko:

Honestly they’re all good riders but they’d rather have a sled that does wheelies and wrestle it around a corner than set the fucking thing up for how we actually ride. That’s why they always hate my sleds. Drives me nuts but whatever floats their boat. 

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I usually flip my brights on and stand a wheelie because I don’t know what they want from me 

Laughing Girl Spits Out Coffee Meme Maker

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I am not even joking when I tell you that the best man in my wedding made me stop at the truck stop on the way north once, waaaay back, so he could buy a pair of chrome “trucker girls” as he calls them, to pin to the snow flap on his 15,000 mile 2001 ZR800. They were still there, last time I looked. :flush:

So now your going to pick apart my posts because of autocorrect, eh? Sheesh. Tough crowd. :news:

I draw the line at helmet ornamentation. I could be mistaken for an elk or a moose, in the areas that I ride. Plus, I’m not Indian but please tell us more, ya racist prick. :lmao:

I’m thinking that I might start just throwing stones at them. Maybe then they will get the hint that I don’t gaf about how many friends they THINK they still have behind them. :dunno:

This hand signal shit has to be the most antiquated, dangerous tradition sledders want to hang on to for some reason.  It's literally on some sled safety material and videos still.  WOW!

7 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Honestly they’re all good riders but they’d rather have a sled that does wheelies and wrestle it around a corner than set the fucking thing up for how we actually ride. That’s why they always hate my sleds. Drives me nuts but whatever floats their boat. 

These people scare me. Nothing much is worse than coming up on a group and them looking back and trying to speed up and start their wrestling.  It's over, faster riders have caught up.  Please just let us pass before you kill somebody out of a weird sense of pride.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This hand signal shit has to be the most antiquated, dangerous tradition sledders want to hang on to for some reason.  It's literally on some sled safety material and videos still.  WOW!

These people scare me. Nothing much is worse than coming up on a group and them looking back and trying to speed up and start their wrestling.  It's over, faster riders have caught up.  Please just let us pass before you kill somebody out of a weird sense of pride.

I’m not much of a fast rider anymore so I don’t catch up with as many as I use to. Back in the day, I came up on a guy riding a Thundercat, with his daughter on in front of him, try the whole “You aren’t going to pass me!” thing. The dumbfuck put himself and his daughter in the woods because of it. I stopped to make sure his daughter was ok and then flagged down another group of riders to help pull that tank out of the woods, then left before helping them do so.  The look on their faces was epic. Like hell I’m pulling that idiot out of the woods. If he didn’t have his daughter on the sled with him I probably wouldn’t have even stopped. 

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Z just a hint here when they give you the middle finger it's not how many people are behind them. 👍

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

All the hand signals they use are not even in the safety book if you read it 

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Z just a hint here when they give you the middle finger it's not how many people are behind them. 👍

This I'd understand because they are visibly mad at me and if their sled gets out of control because they have on hand on the bars and hit me.....ok.

To get hosed by a person taking their hands off the bars to let me know others are behind them so I don't hit them.....is just kinda stupid.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

All the hand signals they use are not even in the safety book if you read it 

I think I've got one with the paperwork for this sled.  IMA LOOK!

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

One of them is a very good rider but won’t get rid of his dumbass assault for an XCR. The rest of them I don't ride with anymore. I moved from an area with real tight woods trails to a place with mostly fields  and some seasonal roads and boy are the people out here scary to ride with. They all get mad at me calling me a snob and shit but I cannot ride with people who can’t stay on their side of a 60 foot wide trail through a field. I just don’t have any interest in being with them when that leads to coming over a hill to meet some mom and kid on a two up head on.

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

One of them is a very good rider but won’t get rid of his dumbass assault for an XCR. The rest of them I don't ride with anymore. I moved from an area with real tight woods trails to a place with mostly fields  and some seasonal roads and boy are the people out here scary to ride with. They all get mad at me calling me a snob and shit but I cannot ride with people who can’t stay on their side of a 60 foot wide trail through a field. I just don’t have any interest in being with them when that leads to coming over a hill to meet some mom and kid on a two up head on.

It's funny.  Those sled "super highways" probably lead to more head on collisions than the tight and twisty in the woods.  The trees act as a natural warning for those wanting to wick it up in the wrong spots and the fact that if you head off the trail almost anywhere, it's unlikely to end up well.

Maybe those wide open trails, lakes and fields just give a false sense of security?  :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's funny.  Those sled "super highways" probably lead to more head on collisions than the tight and twisty in the woods.  The trees act as a natural warning for those wanting to wick it up in the wrong spots and the fact that if you head off the trail almost anywhere, it's unlikely to end up well.

Maybe those wide open trails, lakes and fields just give a false sense of security?  :dunno: 

Or by themselves hitting trees. 

20180303_140104.jpg

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Or by themselves hitting trees. 

20180303_140104.jpg

How in the hell did he do that on that trail???  Must not have had those patented adjustable carbides on that doo model.  Yep...that's that ticket!

I laugh at my comment because I've actually turned my sled over on myself in the middle of a trail like that.  :lol: 

Talent.  I am apparently all full up!  :lmao:

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How in the hell did he do that on that trail???  Must not have had those patented adjustable carbides on that doo model.  Yep...that's that ticket!

I laugh at my comment because I've actually turned my sled over on myself in the middle of a trail like that.  :lol: 

Talent.  I am apparently all full up!  :lmao:

Don't know the story.  We were through there about 1 hr earlier and on the way back there the sled was.  Helmet was laying in the snow with the chinstrap cut.  We looked around to see if anybody was laying in the snow and nothing.  Nobody around.

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’s honestly scary riding I just about wipe out every stake with my right ski because I see how many people are 10 feet from the left side on a 60 foot wide trail. Hell even the ones with a stake in the middle you see people on the wrong side of it. The craziest thing is it’s almost never the people riding hard that you have to be scared of.

3 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It’s honestly scary riding I just about wipe out every stake with my right ski because I see how many people are 10 feet from the left side on a 60 foot wide trail. Hell even the ones with a stake in the middle you see people on the wrong side of it. The craziest thing is it’s almost never the people riding hard that you have to be scared of.

I know.  It’s seemingly never the true motorsports enthusiast out their wicking it up that are the most dangerous.  It’s the ones out there smelling the pines being completely oblivious.  Also, these are the ones mad at others for enjoying the day out on the trails different from what they consider to be the standard.  

• Like 4

On 9/30/2021 at 11:34 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

it gets cold AF here

Seem to recall @taperk600 (another NY'er and owner of every PC chassis made) tested a bunch of different windshields a while back on a lake and the mid-height produced the highest top speed.  the cross country racers use them to kick air over them and stay warm.  our torsos and heads are nothing but big parachutes, but short shields look cool.  :)

Correct

Mid-sized like what comes on the LTD models--- which is very very similar to the "Cross country" race sled style that isn't available on any consumer sled....except the CC one has a bit more angle at the out lip to push more air up and around the body of the driver.

The touring mid and tall are like a window in front of you.....keep the rider warm....especially the tall

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 11:48 PM, Palu49 said:

The 600 limited I mentioned came from Tom actually. Now I know why he wants that windshield back 😂

Yes sir....... for the wife's 600 LTD.... need to keep her warm.... Happy wife, happy ride....... Been on the other side of that equation........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, taperk600 said:

Correct

Mid-sized like what comes on the LTD models--- which is very very similar to the "Cross country" race sled style that isn't available on any consumer sled....except the CC one has a bit more angle at the out lip to push more air up and around the body of the driver.

The touring mid and tall are like a window in front of you.....keep the rider warm....especially the tall

Welcome back T 

New ride at D&D yet?  The Cat forum here could use some beta with the baseline to done hp/Dyno upgrade info if you want to start a fresh thread. ;)

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Welcome back T 

New ride at D&D yet?  The Cat forum here could use some beta with the baseline to done hp/Dyno upgrade info if you want to start a fresh thread. ;)

@taperk600is almost ready to go up there, I sucked all the ctec2 oil out of the tank and filled it right full of fresh Klotz so it’s race ready for him.

0F7BB094-2BFA-4CD6-B0F7-9F4940DFB24E.jpeg

• Haha 1