Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Whew!  Never did a side by side before.  One of these is so the spindles have something to rest on at the dealership.  The other is for actual riding.  

D38B9A4A-9EC9-4CA9-864B-32968EF42E6B.jpeg

0FE6ABB5-BBDB-4F73-AE94-CBB7C84C163F.jpeg

How many Monster stickers did they come with? 

:lol:

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

18 so, if I place them properly, I might just have enough.  Maybe,

Just don't put them on upside down, my buddies were relentless when I showed up at the trailhead with a bunch of green W's on mine.  Would be REALLY helpful if they included instructions and templates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Whew!  Never did a side by side before.  One of these is so the spindles have something to rest on at the dealership.  The other is for actual riding.  

Those will go great with a GGB mountain can, a 12” riser and an “I bang ditches!” Sticker for the back of your helmet! :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Those will go great with a GGB mountain can, a 12” riser and an “I bang ditches!” Sticker for the back of your helmet! :lol:

It’s so weird some people connect all that weird shit with true performance parts.   Maybe some of us really want those parts because, you know……we need them for how we like to ride.

So, enjoy your sly dogs, back pack and shovel.  :lol:

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The Cat skis are not horrible if you run more ski pressure.

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s so weird some people connect all that weird shit with true performance parts.   Maybe some of us really want those parts because, you know……we need them for how we like to ride.

So, enjoy your sly dogs, back pack and shovel.  :lol:

Touché. I do have a shovel. In the tunnel bag on my RMK. 

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Would that be into solid unmovable object?

:owned:

19 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That’s mainly why I never changed mine before. My 19 limited 600 is on rails and I just had a cheap set of Cat branded 6 or 8” woodys on it (I believe woodys makes the cat ones they may be stud boy) and set it up how I’d normally set my RRs up. On the tight twisties around home my buddies would pull away from me like freight trains on their 800s and 850s out of corners and I’d just about run in the back of them through the next corner until they pulled away again.

48 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I’m not taking any chances again.  I’ve never feared more for my life than trying to run an unstudded sled with stock cat skis.  Holy fuck.  Seriously, I damn near baled a couple of times because I wasn’t sure if I was gonna make the turn.

But…seriously, my concern with this sled is these may be too much.  Gonna do a 6” inch node and see.  Keeping the 1.25 and stunning with double stud boy pros.  I guess the first shake down run will tell me where I am.  All I can do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not taking any chances again.  I’ve never feared more for my life than trying to run an unstuffed sled with stick car skis.  Holy fuck.  Seriously, I damn near baked a couple of times because I want sure if I was gonna make the turn.

But…seriously, my concern with this sled is these may be too much.  Gonna do a 6” inch node and see.  Keeping the 1.25 and stunning with double stud boy pros.  I guess the first shake down run will tell me where I am.  All I can do.

When I started, I ran stock, then USI's for a while.

Then, stupid me would get XT's and start fly cutting the keel down until I got to the height I wanted them at.

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

When I started, I ran stock, then USI's for a while.

Then, stupid me would get XT's and start fly cutting the keel down until I got to the height I wanted them at.

I know it took me some time to get my non-race PC to work right with the CA’s.  The SX sleds just flat out work right off the bat.  So many changes to the skid on this sled compared to my RR though.  I’m really hoping for the best.  If it doesn’t work, Ima sell it to ya!  :bc:

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

don't forget the matching snow flap

REV_Stripper.jpg

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It would be awesome to get a chance to try skies before buying them though. 

skies?

SKIES?

just slightly more annoying than SNOWPRO or.... SON PRO

:ronald:

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

along with longer carbides and less FTS spring pressure, bonus for one up on the limiter strap

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Would that be into solid unmovable object?

give the guy a break, it could happen to anyone

it also wouldn't be as funny if it was just anyone though

55 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Touché. I do have a shovel. In the tunnel bag on my RMK. 

tell us about your helmet mohawk

35 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

That’s mainly why I never changed mine before. My 19 limited 600 is on rails and I just had a cheap set of Cat branded 6 or 8” woodys on it (I believe woodys makes the cat ones they may be stud boy) and set it up how I’d normally set my RRs up. On the tight twisties around home my buddies would pull away from me like freight trains on their 800s and 850s out of corners and I’d just about run in the back of them through the next corner until they pulled away again.

they haven't mastered 'throttle modulation'? 

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not taking any chances again.  I’ve never feared more for my life than trying to run an unstudded sled with stock cat skis.  Holy fuck.  Seriously, I damn near baled a couple of times because I wasn’t sure if I was gonna make the turn.

Yet 100's of drunk/stoned weekend warrior morons are coming at you in the other direction every weekend on completely stock sleds 'set up' by their dealer - not concerned at all what kind of skis you have on every corner.  :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't forget the matching snow flap

REV_Stripper.jpg

skies?

SKIES?

just slightly more annoying than SNOWPRO or.... SON PRO

:ronald:

along with longer carbides and less FTS spring pressure, bonus for one up on the limiter strap

give the guy a break, it could happen to anyone

it also wouldn't be as funny if it was just anyone though

tell us about your helmet mohawk

they haven't mastered 'throttle modulation'? 

Yet 100's of drunk/stoned weekend warrior morons are coming at you in the other direction every weekend on completely stock sleds 'set up' by their dealer - not concerned at all what kind of skis you have on every corner.  :wacko:

I’m not building my sled for them though.  I’d really prefer them stop taking their god damn hands off the bars to tell me how many retards are behind Them too.  Pass that along to your riding buddies.

• Haha 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’m not building my sled for them though.  I’d really prefer them stop taking their god damn hands off the bars to tell me how many retards are behind Them too.  Pass that along to your riding buddies.

They are moving on to stupid fucking lights now that are supposed to tell you something. I ask one guy in bar parking why he is missing the other turn signal and he got mad. 

Just now, Not greg b said:

They are moving on to stupid fucking lights now that are supposed to tell you something. I ask one guy in bar parking why he is missing the other turn signal and he got mad. 

I saw that.  My goodness.  I just don’t know how to comment on some of this shit anymore. Just gonna strap a 6 foot pole with an orange triangle flag on the back of my sled and call it done.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

paging @Badger**:lol:

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I saw that.  My goodness.  I just don’t know how to comment on some of this shit anymore. Just gonna strap a 6 foot pole with an orange triangle flag on the back of my sled and call it done.

I usually flip my brights on and stand a wheelie because I don’t know what they want from me 

• Like 1