Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

7 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Put a 2x4 under the last 2’ of one ski guides in the middle of the trailer. That way, one of the skis is higher than the other. We did that in a buddy’s sled trailer years ago because he always ran C&A or PP skis on his Cats. 

Is it enoigh to not drag the front of the ski down the edge of the c&a?

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I came up with a way to deal with that.  Will post pic tomorrow.

Woody's executives ;)

Which model?

These units here. I honestly know nothing about them and the different models so please tell me if they aren’t good lol

9293F7CA-F4FA-41A2-973B-0EC4596F23E5.png

30 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

These units here. I honestly know nothing about them and the different models so please tell me if they aren’t good lol

That's the old trail model.  For rider forward sleds use the XPT for trail.

45 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Good skis.  

14 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I believe the only difference is the XPT has a more rounded outside keel for a bit easier handling.  Personally, I’d take the razor but, to each their own.  You know what I run though so, I’m a retard anyway.  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good skis.  

I believe the only difference is the XPT has a more rounded outside keel for a bit easier handling.  Personally, I’d take the razor but, to each their own.  You know what I run though so, I’m a retard anyway.  :lmao:

No the out side keels are different and the middle keel is cut differently. The center keel is also tapered xpt

21 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It’s the official ski of a defunct racing organization so it’s gotta be good!

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good skis.  

I tend to set my sleds up to turn as hard as they can without being buckboards, which most everyone that rides them hates because they don’t do wheelies and all that pointless stuff, so these don’t sound like the worst idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Put a 2x4 under the last 2’ of one ski guides in the middle of the trailer. That way, one of the skis is higher than the other. We did that in a buddy’s sled trailer years ago because he always ran C&A or PP skis on his Cats. 

no, but you're on the right track

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Is it enough to not drag the front of the ski down the edge of the c&a?

yes

59 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I run RZ's on the SP's - :thumbsup:

But, check with \/ Greg \/ as he has them on his PC

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

No the out side keels are different and the middle keel is cut differently. The center keel is also tapered xpt

isn't the position of the mounting different from the RZ to XPT - seem to recall you mentioning that

3 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I tend to set my sleds up to turn as hard as they can without being buckboards, which most everyone that rides them hates because they don’t do wheelies and all that pointless stuff, so these don’t sound like the worst idea.

I've ridden /\ Greg's /\ RR with RZ's, but he also installed the newer spindle design.  It handled really well from my experience.

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m a retard   :lmao:

But we love you anyway.

So, if you were thinking of getting rid of the mushy RXC seat...

https://seatconcepts.com/products/arctic-cat-2020-m-hardcore-alpha-one-riot-x-riot-norseman-two-stroke

21 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Ahhh…. :bc:

I’ve chosen my ski of choice though so, I’m all set.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, but you're on the right track

yes

I run RZ's on the SP's - :thumbsup:

But, check with \/ Greg \/ as he has them on his PC

isn't the position of the mounting different from the RZ to XPT - seem to recall you mentioning that

I've ridden /\ Greg's /\ RR with RZ's, but he also installed the newer spindle design.  It handled really well from my experience.

But we love you anyway.

So, if you were thinking of getting rid of the mushy RXC seat...

https://seatconcepts.com/products/arctic-cat-2020-m-hardcore-alpha-one-riot-x-riot-norseman-two-stroke

Yeah, it feels weird but, let’s see how it performs. Maybe I’ll like it.  :dunno:

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhh…. :bc:

I’ve chosen my ski of choice though so, I’m all set.

Yeah, it feels weird but, let’s see how it performs. Maybe I’ll like it.  :dunno:

A buddy of mine has spent quite a bit of time on one and says if you’re under 5’10 to 5-11ish it’s just a little too much cut out. I’m 6’3 he said it’d probably be about perfect for someone my size but I feel like I ride the tank too much for it, ya know, way forward flailing around hanging off the sled like I’m actually going fast? One of those guys.

curious as to what your ski of choice is and also what model c&a @Not greg b gives the nod to.

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

A buddy of mine has spent quite a bit of time on one and says if you’re under 5’10 to 5-11ish it’s just a little too much cut out. I’m 6’3 he said it’d probably be about perfect for someone my size but I feel like I ride the tank too much for it, ya know, way forward flailing around hanging off the sled like I’m actually going fast? One of those guys.

curious as to what your ski of choice is and also what model c&a @Not greg b gives the nod to.

What’s weird is, the seat is so soft it feels like one piece anyway.  IDK, we’ll have to see but, fixing a too hard/too soft seat isn’t too difficult.

XT’s.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I run razors and do not like them on my procross. They worked great on my older sleds. I would like to try the xpt but really don’t feel like dropping the money on them. C and a said they work a lot better when i talked to them at haydays. If I was buying a new set of c and a it would be the xpt for what I do 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I'd run RZ's at ice races and on a course I knew was going to be as as hard as a honeymoon pecker. 

XCS's for courses I knew would be loose junk where I'd need the 1" keel vs. the .75" keel.  It might not seem like much, but that .25" makes a big difference.  Land a little crossed up and you are going for a ride.  

XPT's if I wanted something that would perform well on hardpack, but still want a bit of a "washed out" feel.  I'm not really sure how to describe it.  "Corn snow" or slushy/warm races, I guess.  

RZ's are probably the best all around ski if you are trail riding.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd run RZ's at ice races and on a course I knew was going to be as as hard as a honeymoon pecker. 

XCS's for courses I knew would be loose junk where I'd need the 1" keel vs. the .75" keel.  It might not seem like much, but that .25" makes a big difference.  Land a little crossed up and you are going for a ride.  

XPT's if I wanted something that would perform well on hardpack, but still want a bit of a "washed out" feel.  I'm not really sure how to describe it.  "Corn snow" or slushy/warm races, I guess.  

RZ's are probably the best all around ski if you are trail riding.

You know, it’s funny how many don’t give much thought to their skis and the consequences of the “give and take” factor.  You reminded me of this with the “going for a ride” line.  The skis I use are ridiculous for trail and most won’t ever get on my sled again after a mile or two of “let me see how it feels”.  The XT’s literally ride like they are on rails, LITERALLY, but the conditions need to be right.  Early morning frozen trails is a wrestling match.  Hard pack ice is also a heavy arm pump situation.  And you’d better damn well be ready to correct the line at all times or, “a ride” off the sled is coming at best or, you’ll be hanging a hard turn into the trees.  But when conditions are right, the confidence these skis allow is truly extraordinary.  There is no “give” once you’ve selected the line going in and out of corners.  Also, I’ve landed front heavy and wonky a few times and yuh…..It takes everything to not get tossed off the sled and tear your fucking rotator cuffs. The trail pack is not the same consistency of a SX track for sure.  I love the mid day, after the rush went north to rip up the trail snow.  A few inches of fluff with some grip underneath and…

6437D55F-0431-4287-999E-F56DB6D36B95.gif

I do most of my trail riding early in the morning so maybe that’s why I can get away without needing 2x4’s stood on end for skis. :dunno: Because that is EXACTLY what every sled with C&As felt like, to me. My PP’s on my Assault were not any better but thankfully, that sled didn’t get trail ridden much and could easily get light on the nose easily if need be. The grippers on my RMK are tolerable but with 155x2.4” track out back, it still pushes like a dump truck on a packed trail. If it does stick the outside ski, the front suspension is set so soft that it will dump you off if you’re not ready for it.

Sure is funny getting middle fingers when people see me hustling that bus down a groomed trail though. I will usually just leave them a nice ol pile in the trail when they do that. Like look dickweed, I am literally jumping back in the woods just  a 1/4 of a mile down the trail here. I had no idea that you did all of the maintenance and even owned said trail but whatever. Maybe one of these days I can bonk one of them on the head with my fuckin shovel. I was cool just cruising down the trail and not fucking anything up for anyone else but yeah, if you want someone to be a prick, I’m your huckleberry. :lol:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Palu49 

I used a couple left over pieces of 8' Trex cut in half just under the skis on one side of the trailer.  It's still tight with both sleds set at wide with C&A's 

The deck boards are just high enough to clear each other.

IMG_20211017_160551130_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211017_160604706.jpg

IMG_20211017_160619249_HDR.jpg

Oh, that’s a good idea.  We used to throw a floor mat in between the overlapping skis when we used a 8.5 foot trailer and both sleds using XT’s

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, that’s a good idea.  We used to throw a floor mat in between the overlapping skis when we used a 8.5 foot trailer and both sleds using XT’s

It took 13 seconds of 'how am I going to solve the puzzle' one night after a work session.  Pulled the right side sled in as far right as possible, left side sled wouldn't fit.  Grabbed a Trex plank put it on the floor while a buddy held it and lined them up.  Next day backed the left side up, removed the ski glides screwed down the Trex and viola, no more problems.  It's still a tight fit, but works.  At least I know the decking will rot before the Trex ever does.  :lol:

I do most of my trail riding early in the morning so maybe that’s why I can get away without needing 2x4’s stood on end for skis. :dunno: Because that is EXACTLY what every sled with C&As felt like, to me. My PP’s on my Assault were not any better but thankfully, that sled didn’t get trail ridden much and could easily get light on the nose easily if need be. The grippers on my RMK are tolerable but with 155x2.4” track out back, it still pushes like a dump truck on a packed trail. If it does stick the outside ski, the front suspension is set so soft that it will dump you off if you’re not ready for it.

Sure is funny getting middle fingers when people see me hustling that bus down a groomed trail though. I will usually just leave them a nice ol pile in the trail when they do that. Like look dickweed, I am literally jumping back in the woods just  a 1/4 of a mile down the trail here. I had no idea that you did all of the maintenance and even owned said trail but whatever. Maybe one of these days I can bonk one of them on the head with my fuckin shovel. I was cool just cruising down the trail and not fucking anything up for anyone else but yeah, if you want someone to be a prick, I’m your huckleberry. :lol:

wow, rather wordy

I'd like to solve the puzzle Pat.  https://www.snowtracker.com/index.php/en/products/snowtracker-en

@Tommcat swears by them and I feel @Zambroski should add them to the SX skis.  :)

You are seemingly upset about something here?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Palu49 

I used a couple left over pieces of 8' Trex cut in half just under the skis on one side of the trailer.  It's still tight with both sleds set at wide with C&A's 

The deck boards are just high enough to clear each other.

IMG_20211017_160551130_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211017_160604706.jpg

IMG_20211017_160619249_HDR.jpg

I’ll have to keep that in mind when I find a new trailer. My 06 Triton was absolutely smoked, frame had broke over the axle once, cracked welds everywhere, axle cracked so I welded 2 pieces of angle across it last winter to make a big ride. So I sold it thinking (very stupidly) I’d find a decent deal on something before the season. Seeing the prices now I probably should’ve tried to make it one more season with that roach or at least kept the clamshell.

Keeping those RZs in the back of my mind but also looking for a decent deal on a set of XTs or XPTs to try.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Um, no? :dunno:

You sure? You do seem kind of mad. And of course a polaris guy would prefer skis referred to a “PP’s”

4 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I’ll have to keep that in mind when I find a new trailer. My 06 Triton was absolutely smoked, frame had broke over the axle once, cracked welds everywhere, axle cracked so I welded 2 pieces of angle across it last winter to make a big ride. So I sold it thinking (very stupidly) I’d find a decent deal on something before the season. Seeing the prices now I probably should’ve tried to make it one more season with that roach or at least kept the clamshell.

Keeping those RZs in the back of my mind but also looking for a decent deal on a set of XTs or XPTs to try.

You sure? You do seem kind of mad. And of course a polaris guy would prefer skis referred to a “PP’s”

Positive. Nothing wrong with Powder Pros. Had an orange sled at the time and wanted orange skis for it. So I bought those instead of grippers. Sled was also set up for off trail riding so the PPs added some nice extra floatation.