Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

13 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

If you legit have an issue with Snap-On, other than their price, you’re just being a bitch. Sure, they do make some junk but I would say that 95% of their hand tools are some of the best in the business. Yes they are expensive and no you don’t NEED them to do a job. I bought my initial set 25 years ago. These days, I only buy certain things from them. 

If you want to show any possible disgust about that picture, it should be for all of those Gearwrenches. Arguably the best ratcheting wrench in the business, imo, and ALL of the wrenches pictured there were bought brand new, in the package, for $85 shipped to my door. One of Bazos’ idiots probably lost their job over that deal because I can’t even begin to believe that I was the only one that saw that listing. Should’ve bought 3 sets instead of just two. 

You are talking to someone who buys their tools at auctions by the 5 gallon bucket. :bc:

Just slapped the tunnel protectors on.  Interesting epoxy method.  It eliminated the need for my small, metric adjustable wrench.  Still had to use the medium size one though.  :)

Waiting on my Stud Boys.  Gonna just use this track cuz I’m 90% sure I’ll be working on a different machine over the summer.

38830FA0-67BF-4231-9FDB-2F8C7C464F84.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just slapped the tunnel protectors on.  Interesting epoxy method.  It eliminated the need for my small, metric adjustable wrench.  Still had to use the medium size one though.  :)

Waiting on my Stud Boys.  Gonna just use this track cuz I’m 90% sure I’ll be working on a different machine over the summer.

38830FA0-67BF-4231-9FDB-2F8C7C464F84.jpeg

did you use the glue to put them on, or sniff it?

Just now, jdels said:

That glue was some strong shit.  Even with exhaust fan on it took a while to clear.

I woke up about an hour and a half after assembly...face down with my pants around my ankles.  Not sure what that was about?!?!?!  Also, pretty sure somebody vaccinated me while I was unconscious.  WTF @ArcticCat?????

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I woke up about an hour and a half after assembly...face down with my pants around my ankles.  Not sure what that was about?!?!?!  Also, pretty sure somebody vaccinated me while I was unconscious.  WTF @ArcticCat?????

Hey, at least the sent two tips for the glue, enough to get your booster next time.

44 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Ordered up a few sets of C&A's today.  Mainly out of principle.  

I’ve been looking at them going back and forth. I’ve always talked shit saying aftermarket skis were mainly for people that can’t set a sled up to turn. I’ve always liked how c&a’s looked though. But also they suck with 2 sleds in a clamshell.

49 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Ordered up a few sets of C&A's today.  Mainly out of principle.  

So did I.  But out of necessity.  I’m so excited to get those sexy black things!  Gotta figure out the carbide yet. 

Just now, Palu49 said:

I’ve been looking at them going back and forth. I’ve always talked shit saying aftermarket skis were mainly for people that can’t set a sled up to turn. I’ve always liked how c&a’s looked though. But also they suck with 2 sleds in a clamshell.

Dude.

Duuuuude.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So did I.  But out of necessity.  I’m so excited to get those sexy black things!  Gotta figure out the carbide yet. 

Dude.

Duuuuude.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!

I really want to try them but then I’m a sellout 😂 I liked them on all my friends snocross sleds. But mostly the whole sellout thing. And flying off the handle when my girlfriend runs over my $350 skis pulling in the trailer.

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I really want to try them but then I’m a sellout 😂 I liked them on all my friends snocross sleds. But mostly the whole sellout thing. And flying off the handle when my girlfriend runs over my $350 skis pulling in the trailer.

:lol:

I’m a big fan of CAs. ,Skis, track, clutching.  In that order.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

I’m a big fan of CAs. ,Skis, track, clutching.  In that order.

That’s my other thing I’m thinking about for the new sled. My buddy has a 1.50 storm on his XCR and another on his 20 limited Cat both studded. That seems like a killer track. The 1.375 on my 18 was a great track but idk if I can get behind these 1.25s. My limited 600 has an ice slipper on it and if you want to go over 7mph into a corner with any comfortability or confidence I do not recommend that thing. I just moved to an area with all seasonal roads and field trails though so I’m pretty sure I could go with a 1” unstudded track and stock carbides and be fine. 

24 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The problem is people put too aggressive of a ski on their sled for their sled, setup, or riding style and end up hating them, especially with C&A's.  

I wish I could still get USI's at a discount, but no dice, so C&A's it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The problem is people put too aggressive of a ski on their sled for their sled, setup, or riding style and end up hating them, especially with C&A's.  

Easy to do with CA’s for sure.  They aren’t for everyone.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Never ridden a sled with USI’s but I know a few people that rave about them. Curve is local to me I’ve ridden a few sleds with them too and they work pretty good but they’re pricey and really fucking wide. I can get a set of C&A’s for like 285 local with mounts. Might grab some black on black for my sled.

12 hours ago, Palu49 said:

But also they suck with 2 sleds in a clamshell.

I came up with a way to deal with that.  Will post pic tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Gotta figure out the carbide yet

Woody's executives ;)

11 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I can get a set of C&A’s for like 285 local with mounts. Might grab some black on black for my sled.

Which model?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I came up with a way to deal with that.  Will post pic tomorrow.

Put a 2x4 under the last 2’ of one ski guides in the middle of the trailer. That way, one of the skis is higher than the other. We did that in a buddy’s sled trailer years ago because he always ran C&A or PP skis on his Cats. 

• Like 1