Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

Finally opened the box of freshened Fox for the 500, XC spec Speedwerx secondary spring for the 720 and ordered a XC spec helix for the 720 today from Venom.

Fwiw, all the vendors are behind and were appreciative of the early orders.  Venom is 14 days out for a helix right now unless its in stock.  They must be backlogged with Tricky Ricky's custom cut high demand.  :lol:

Probably won't have my sleds home for another month when I drop off the boat, but I'm ready to get busy on them they arrive.

IMG_20210921_172757758.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 1:51 PM, Not greg b said:

I will also put up miles only. Never road in down town Merrill 

I don't think the latest Polaris gauge could have gotten us out of the Bermuda triangle that night, let alone the TomTom Cat is offering now. 

On 9/6/2021 at 9:38 AM, p51mstg said:

I’d hoped to put Mohawks on the Riot before the season started, but that may be a mid-season upgrade due to being fresh out of fun money.

Why mohawks? Curious.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:48 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

SLP > GGB

LGBTQ

On 9/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, Legend said:

SLP is about the quietest aftermarket exhaust you can buy. Not to mention the weight loss. 

Dyno sheet showing low end and mid range power loss?

On 9/17/2021 at 2:12 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Legal in Michigan. Not like that GGB bullshit. 
12 lbs Weight loss. 
Easier to service the battery and chain case oil. 

Any other excuses that I missed? :dunno:

https://diamond-smfg.com/shop-products/snowmobile/

Not cheap,  but...

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I don't think the latest Polaris gauge could have gotten us out of the Bermuda triangle that night, let alone the TomTom Cat is offering now. 

Why mohawks? Curious.

LGBTQ

Not cheap,  but...

Spending that kind of coin on a silencer is not on the official “Can you hear my fuckin can?” list, sorry. 

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Why mohawks? Curious.

LGBTQ

Not cheap,  but...

I may or may not have one of those.

update: my shit is still sitting in the shop with the top end off waiting for the bottom end to be pulled out.. maybe this weekend..

Update2: checked to make sure my lynx is still there via text. maybe ill head up there with a wad of cash saturday. maybe ill spend it on a life size sasquatch chainsaw carving who knows!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

update: my shit is still sitting in the shop with the top end off waiting for the bottom end to be pulled out.. maybe this weekend..

Update2: checked to make sure my lynx is still there via text. maybe ill head up there with a wad of cash saturday. maybe ill spend it on a life size sasquatch chainsaw carving who knows!

I can meet you in Lacrosse on Sunday with a sawzall or we can watch a YouTube video and figure out how to get the top half of the hood off.

In other news, I hid a few of these up at the cottage to startle the citiots driving down the private road .  :lol: 

https://www.amazon.com/Bigfoot-Whimsical-Orangutan-Sculpture-Suitable/dp/B0948ZQGY8/ref=mp_s_a_1_57?dchild=1&keywords=bigfoot+cutout&qid=1632275816&sr=8-57#

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can meet you in Lacrosse on Sunday with a sawzall or we can watch a YouTube video and figure out how to get the top half of the hood off.

In other news, I hid a few of these up at the cottage to startle the citiots driving down the private road .  :lol: 

https://www.amazon.com/Bigfoot-Whimsical-Orangutan-Sculpture-Suitable/dp/B0948ZQGY8/ref=mp_s_a_1_57?dchild=1&keywords=bigfoot+cutout&qid=1632275816&sr=8-57#

and ordering.... 

The time I haven't spent taking my hood off has been spent making new selby shirts so thats nice 

On 9/21/2021 at 6:07 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Why mohawks? Curious.

LGBTQ

Not cheap,  but...

We have a set of SLP SLT’s on the Polaris and really like them.  The only problem is that they’re pretty much trail-only skis.  For my Riot, the Mohawks would give me the same bottom keel design and carbide for trail, but wider and better flotation for off-trail.

There are other options, but I’ve had good luck with SLP Ultralights and SLT’s, which is why I looked at the Mohawks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

We have a set of SLP SLT’s on the Polaris and really like them.  The only problem is that they’re pretty much trail-only skis.  For my Riot, the Mohawks would give me the same bottom keel design and carbide for trail, but wider and better flotation for off-trail.

There are other options, but I’ve had good luck with SLP Ultralights and SLT’s, which is why I looked at the Mohawks.

Interesting.  Ever tried C&A XCS?  Put a pair on a friends Assault and he said it was night and day better than the stock skis on and off trail.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:03 AM, fortune46x said:

and ordering.... 

The time I haven't spent taking my hood off has been spent making new selby shirts so thats nice 

The hood removal for the newer cats is excellent.  SX was simple but I was really pleased with how they redesigned the standard ZR hood release.

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Interesting.  Ever tried C&A XCS?  Put a pair on a friends Assault and he said it was night and day better than the stock skis on and off trail.

I don’t believe CA’s work well on consumer model Poos.  At least, I don’t hear of many using them at all.  Beats me.  I guess the “fun factor” has nothing to do with concise and consistent steering.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t try ink CA work well on consumer model Poos.  At least, I don’t hear of may using them at all.  Beats me.  I guess the “fun factor” has nothing to do with concise and consistent steering.  :dunno:

Just all the cross country racers.  If I had a Poo, I'd run them because cornering and handling is important to me.

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Just all the cross country racers.  If I had a Poo, I'd run them because cornering and handling is important to me.

It’s literally the first change I make to any of my sleds.  If you slide up beside me on stockers, that’s fine.  I’ll just wait for you up the trail….several times.

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s literally the first change I make to any of my sleds.  If you slide up beside me on stockers, that’s fine.  I’ll just wait for you up the trail….several times.

You should try the Yamaha tuner skis, Snow Trax has been raving about them for years and @Tommcatruns them on the big hp sleds. 

😆

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The hood removal for the newer cats is excellent.  SX was simple but I was really pleased with how they redesigned the standard ZR hood release.

I don’t believe CA’s work well on consumer model Poos.  At least, I don’t hear of many using them at all.  Beats me.  I guess the “fun factor” has nothing to do with concise and consistent steering.  :dunno:

Probably because they feel like you’re turning the steering wheel on a 1959 GMC dump truck with no power steering. 

Do they come with a free pullover or pit coat? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Probably because they feel like you’re turning the steering wheel on a 1959 GMC dump truck with no power steering. 

You should try a pair of RZ's on your SP after you find a track. 💡 

12 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Stop it.  We all know Poo guys don’t need to steer.  Straight and skis in the air fun factor!  It’s because of POWA!  ….and not that weak ass, uncoupled suspension with those fake shocks.  :lmao: :stirthepot:

And no….unless they’ve been shorting me!  I’ll ask on my upcoming order.

6 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Only with garden shovels bolted to the bottom 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:lmao:

Snow trackers - those are killer.  Zamb should definitely add them to his new whip.

I was gonna try some of those “SlyDawgs” but, Tommy’s garden shovel idea warrants some consideration.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I was gonna try some of those “SlyDawgs” but, Tommy’s garden shovel idea warrants some consideration.

The secret trick to enjoying their capability is running with eight degrees of toe-in.  ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

And shim the skis and add  some Bergstrom triple skegs!  “DrOpA WhOle oN thE liMiteR!!!”

those Polaris ski shim threads... priceless, and endless. 

I may have to change brands some day soon to Polaris when Textron shuts Cat down, but I'll sure as hell never be a full on Pootard.  

Trip prep ..

Shim skis - check

Pack spare relays - check

Tap bearings and add grease fittings on jackshaft and driven shaft bearings - check 

Defog headlights - check

Fix seat that falls off and storage box that fills up with snow - check 

Install new WE clicker knobs - check

Replace skid wheels - check 

Load 'how to fix my Polaris' videos from YouTube onto fancy gauge - check

Pack 45 Cal with Sat Phone & Rick's phone # in event of wolves and polar bears - hmmm?

What did I forget? :lol: