Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

On 9/9/2021 at 4:04 PM, MnDean said:

I pulled the engine out my 2016 800. It was down on power last February so I parked it. Last weekend I finally got a chance to work on it, needs pistons for sure and I should pull the bottom end apart and check that also.

20210822_112600.jpg

20210822_112540.jpg

The grooves are to hold oil. 

That looks like it might be the beginning of cold seize. Are the rings free? The second pic looks like the top ring might be tight. Edge looks funny too, but might just be pic. 

18 hours ago, Legend said:

The grooves are to hold oil. 

That looks like it might be the beginning of cold seize. Are the rings free? The second pic looks like the top ring might be tight. Edge looks funny too, but might just be pic. 

I do think you're correct on a cold seizure. The previous day before I noticed it wasn't right,I got it stuck, riding off trail by myself. I took my time digging it out, when I figured I was ready to roll , I started it up and hammered the throttle to get out and I remember now that I didn't even look at the temperature before I beat the shit out of it getting back to road.:smack:

20 minutes ago, MnDean said:

I do think you're correct on a cold seizure. The previous day before I noticed it wasn't right,I got it stuck, riding off trail by myself. I took my time digging it out, when I figured I was ready to roll , I started it up and hammered the throttle to get out and I remember now that I didn't even look at the temperature before I beat the shit out of it getting back to road.:smack:

usually a corner seize liek that is from it cold seizing however ... my 800 had it in all 4 corners where the oil holes are and it happend miles down the trail... 

have your dealer make sure your oil injection pump is functioning properly. 

2 hours ago, MnDean said:

Handy bit of information right there.

Gotta watch it in those situations. They cold soak like crazy when they are buried and then when you fire them up, they get all that cold coolant from the coolers shot right into them before the t stat can shut itself back up to keep it out. That’s why our group tries to at least get the sled in a decent position, after it gets stuck, before taking any long-ish breaks. Most long breaks are taken when the sleds can be easily stopped without having to punch their way out of anything. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Would i lie to you?

I don’t know why you said that. I agreed. I may know a thing or two about aftmkt and oe performance parts and etc. Maybe misunderstanding thru typing. Most probably, i’d guess. :)

9 minutes ago, CFM said:

I don’t know why you said that. I agreed. I may know a thing or two about aftmkt and oe performance parts and etc. Maybe misunderstanding thru typing. Most probably, i’d guess. :)

It was a joke ya big dummy!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I would probably run a loud exhaust out in the mountains. Not in Michigan though. 

I have an HPS can on the Pro. Its a great bark, but its pretty loud. 

I have a SSI on the Axys, it has a awesome lower rumble and fairly quiet. At WOT its not excessively loud, but its loud enough for my riding partners to hear where I am. We will shut our engines off and listen if we haven't made visual contact in awhile. 

Trail sleds I use stock can. I dont need the noise or the weight savings. 

On the mtn sleds, the weight is significant enough that I adjust the front springs differently from each other. 

4 minutes ago, Legend said:

I have an HPS can on the Pro. Its a great bark, but its pretty loud. 

I have a SSI on the Axys, it has a awesome lower rumble and fairly quiet. At WOT its not excessively loud, but its loud enough for my riding partners to hear where I am. We will shut our engines off and listen if we haven't made visual contact in awhile. 

Trail sleds I use stock can. I dont need the noise or the weight savings. 

On the mtn sleds, the weight is significant enough that I adjust the front springs differently from each other. 

We shut down sleds to find others when we get separated while riding too. 

I’ve always liked the SLP sound that’s the only reason I run them. Don’t have anything on the Pro yet thought because honestly, one minute I want to keep it for a long time and the next minute, I see an Axys chassis sled for sale and want to try one. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

33 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

We shut down sleds to find others when we get separated while riding too. 

I’ve always liked the SLP sound that’s the only reason I run them. Don’t have anything on the Pro yet thought because honestly, one minute I want to keep it for a long time and the next minute, I see an Axys chassis sled for sale and want to try one. 

IMO, the Axys chassis just makes everything easier. In fact when I first got my Axys I was constantly dumping it over. It takes much less effort to pull it over than the Pro. And I have 36" front end on the Pro. Stock 39" on the Axys. 

Engine wise I really like the Pro engine. Not the strongest on top, but very snappy. Excellent in trees. The 800HO is significantly more snappy, and its alot stronger on top too. 

Of course the Axys is IMO better than the Pro, but its an evolutionary advancement. Its not a "night and day" difference like some proclaim. 

2 hours ago, Legend said:

IMO, the Axys chassis just makes everything easier. In fact when I first got my Axys I was constantly dumping it over. It takes much less effort to pull it over than the Pro. And I have 36" front end on the Pro. Stock 39" on the Axys. 

Engine wise I really like the Pro engine. Not the strongest on top, but very snappy. Excellent in trees. The 800HO is significantly more snappy, and its alot stronger on top too. 

Of course the Axys is IMO better than the Pro, but its an evolutionary advancement. Its not a "night and day" difference like some proclaim. 

I’ve spent quite a bit of time on Axys sleds and agree with everything you’re saying here. Problem is, because I’m a bigger/taller guy, that doesn’t need to be on edge all the time, the “tippy ness” of an Axys is annoying to me at most times. I just know that sooner or later, I’m going to have to give my Pro up and I still don’t like the Cat or Doo chassis more than the Axys.