Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

My shit wagon has the engine out of it (again) and is getting rebuilt top to bottom end. fabricating some suspension stuff, then going to leave as is unless I find out the blast plastics will fit on the chassis. 

and hopefully in the coming weeks I know If I'll have a new XC sled or if I am picking up a 850. I just need to find out if a polar bear clutch kit is available yet. 

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Actually rebuilding shocks already.  This is early, normally picks up in November.

Want to rebuild all the shocks on the Indy and revalve the rears to match the rear torsions but I’m not quite in the wrenching mood just yet. 

On 9/7/2021 at 2:04 PM, fortune46x said:

My shit wagon has the engine out of it (again) and is getting rebuilt top to bottom end. fabricating some suspension stuff, then going to leave as is unless I find out the blast plastics will fit on the chassis. 

and hopefully in the coming weeks I know If I'll have a new XC sled or if I am picking up a 850. I just need to find out if a polar bear clutch kit is available yet. 

Once you figured out how to remove the hood? 

24 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Thats why parts of the engine are still in there. I am thinking about just sawz-alling the hood off for easier removal in the future.

There's a dude in New Hampshire that can help.  ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

There is a guy in Wisconsin that has a sawzall with a rusty blade, and isn’t afraid to use it 

I'd use a brand new blade for @fortune46x

You unloading the RR at Hay days Greg?  

get that f'er out of your life before it's too late.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd use a brand new blade for @fortune46x

You unloading the RR at Hay days Greg?  

get that f'er out of your life before it's too late.

I might throw it on Craig’s list tonight. I  am not brave enough to risk the bisket and try walking at haydays. If it was on pavement I would go 

I pulled the engine out my 2016 800. It was down on power last February so I parked it. Last weekend I finally got a chance to work on it, needs pistons for sure and I should pull the bottom end apart and check that also.

20210822_112600.jpg

20210822_112540.jpg

Edited by MnDean
Added picture

On 9/10/2021 at 6:17 PM, mnstang said:

What's with all those lines under the rings?  Attempt to hold oil?

Not sure what the grooves are for, they are only on the thrust side of the piston. I was more concerned about the vertical grooves that aren't supposed to be be there.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Exhaust valves have any marks on them that match these marks? 

Or, it got hot (high coolant temp) :dunno:

No matching exhaust valve marks.

The piston damage is in between the main exhaust port and the sub exhaust ports.

Never got hot, I keep a close eye on the temps.

The top of the pistons have a raised ridge center of the exhaust port, tugged upward . So yes ,it got hot some how, but not from high coolant temps.