Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

24 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

I've heard from one of the top tuners, that stock clutching is the way to go

I think clutching is the last thing that needs to be addressed when modding any sled.  Don’t CVT’s automatically adjust for increased power anyway!?  :dunno:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Only after deciding on what oil to use. 

Now, there were a lot of twists and tuna in those Poo threads and well, I lost interest.

SO!  What was decided as the best oil for longevity in the poo mils?  I think many were leaning toward Dino oil when I lost interest.

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Now, there were a lot of twists and tuna in those Poo threads and well, I lost interest.

SO!  What was decided as the best oil for longevity in the poo mils?  I think many were leaning toward Dino oil when I lost interest.

The final decision was adjourned to a Culver's.  Only skilled riders with WE shocks can make it in safely.  

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No point in arguing about oil when we're talking about polaris "longevity".

Might as well go with peanut oil, i dont think it could make things worse.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

That’s what made those threads so funny.  I mean, some detailed wear reports from various oils at very low mileage levels.

38 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

I'll take you up on that for season worth of riding.  👍 

On 8/28/2021 at 5:06 AM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Did some work to the ‘21 Indy last month, that I picked up last spring. Haven’t touch any of the others. Need to get my Fusion back on the net/for sale, when I get a minute. 

Other than that I had plans to track swap the Indy, have the shocks done and I do have some heavier torsion springs to install. I will probably just do the shocks, torsions, service the clutches and ride it to make sure it doesn’t have any other major issues, before I put a track in it, because it was a rental sled. 

F20F7783-B58A-4860-9DC7-68A21437E570.jpeg

A0B4AD52-0660-4FF3-9A97-429631026381.jpeg

That was a 600SP right?  White windshield looks better but I'm a sucker for being warm.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:40 PM, Zambroski said:

Based on owner satisfaction of the unmatched durability 1st gen 850s it was K-Y 

No, not Kentucky you dolt. 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That was a 600SP right?  White windshield looks better but I'm a sucker for being warm.

Based on owner satisfaction of the unmatched durability 1st gen 850s it was K-Y 

No, not Kentucky you dolt. 

Yes. 137. I sweat easy because I’m old and fat. If that windshield and hand guards can’t keep my warm, I kept the factory windshield. It’s got sticker goo all over it from the dealership that used it as a rental last year. 

On 8/28/2021 at 7:14 AM, Premium said:

That tricolor logo is also one of my absolute favorites.  Do you know if it has a specific name?  I've searched around trying to find the image vector so I could make my own stuff out of it since there really aren't many items featuring it.

Here you go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203589795449

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Taking the side panels off the Indy to a coworker to see if he can get the panels to shine again. Rental sled so it spent its life outside. Can’t believe the panels faded like they did. 

We Would heat up faded atv plastics with a propane torch And the shine would come back 

• Like 1

The Riot has been to Speedwerx for a couple of upgrades and my Polaris was ready for the season before the snow melted last season.  No more money into that thing, it’s too old.  I’d hoped to put Mohawks on the Riot before the season started, but that may be a mid-season upgrade due to being fresh out of fun money.