Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Not really.  At least not the guys I know.  Usually, we tinker with them all summer.  My old date for “put back together” was SX kick off T-giving weekend.  Now, I don’t even have one.  This too shall change…like the fucking climate!  :lol:

Guess its just me lol 

• Haha 1

I've started buying parts already. I typically start going through everything in September and take my time. Being meticulous and knowing everything is done right is a great way spend the fall and what would otherwise be an anxious wait for the first rideable snow.

Most attention will be spent on the Turbo this year since it's it now at the 4k mark.

Edited by Premium

4 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

isn't it customary every sledder to be  scrabbling a week before the first snow? 

Customary here is the I pull the wakeboard boat, winterize it, drop it in storage and grab the sleds and get them ready.  Usually in November although when I am late of course we get early snow, when I am early we don't.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:56 AM, mnstang said:

I've been buying lots of parts, and memorabilia for the garage.  I did a motor swap in the 99 Z and got it all cleaned up, registered and am going to post for sale this weekend.  I'll probably take apart another motor and start doing the work to it before installing in sled later in winter.  I probably won't do much more actual work to machines until after Thanksgiving.  But I'll still be buying stuff, I have a ton of awesome period specific Cat stuff to go up in the garage and my parts bins are full.

24 hours from now I'll be roaming the Princeton swap.. can't wait.  I'm picking up an ebay winning there also.

20 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Princeton tomorrow morning. 

Hellz.

Yeah!

Well boys, find anything good?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I picked up my AC stein that I got on ebay and then I got this mirror.  I'm a sucker for signs or other stuff with that logo.  Then talking with a collector guy I know from D.L. and asking if he's the one bidding on me on some of the ebay stuff and he had a counter mat I lost out on (from stein guy) and he had it there and my buddy bought that, I was over it after losing the auction.  And a couple things from the tool guy.  And a pork chop and corn cob.  No parts.  There was a really nice 93 ext mountain cat for sale that I would have brought home if I had more space.

Perfect weather today.

There was a nice 92 jag special in the grass drag staging area.

Very fun times at Princeton as usual.  Saw some other cool stuff, just didn't buy much.  Didn't see any two up racks in the style I'm looking for.

PXL_20210827_201557041.jpg

PXL_20210827_212418406.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I picked up my AC stein that I got on ebay and then I got this mirror.  I'm a sucker for signs or other stuff with that logo.  Then talking with a collector guy I know from D.L. and asking if he's the one bidding on me on some of the ebay stuff and he had a counter mat I lost out on (from stein guy) and he had it there and my buddy bought that, I was over it after losing the auction.  And a couple things from the tool guy.  And a pork chop and corn cob.  No parts.  There was a really nice 93 ext mountain cat for sale that I would have brought home if I had more space.

Perfect weather today.

Very fun times at Princeton as usual.  Saw some other cool stuff, just didn't buy much.  Didn't see any two up racks in the style I'm looking for.

Is the swap a good turn out? I was thinking of going tomorrow depending on how bad I feel like hurting Sunday 

Edited by Not greg b

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Is the swap a good turn out? I was thinking of going tomorrow depending on how bad I feel like hurting Sunday 

Yeah, I'd say it was pretty average for Princeton.  It takes a while to get through.  The back corner wasn't filled but it usually isn't when we're there on Friday

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Perfect weather today.

Sounds like a good day anyway. Kinda bummed I didn't go but oh well

7 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Sounds like a good day anyway. Kinda bummed I didn't go but oh well

Me andy buddy have been scouring the internets too much recently to not go.  It's always fun too.

This grass cat was really cool.  I've seen some other pushers but not in this color or with the Sachs wankel engine.  The deck was cast aluminum and wheels were cast.  It was all original unrestored and in super good shape.  It was hard to not buy it... But luckily we had some restraint.  Some things are just cool to see and know it's out there.  Looked at a couple of the freight style sleighs, one was pretty cool.

PXL_20210827_175414475.jpg

• Like 2

Did some work to the ‘21 Indy last month, that I picked up last spring. Haven’t touch any of the others. Need to get my Fusion back on the net/for sale, when I get a minute. 

Other than that I had plans to track swap the Indy, have the shocks done and I do have some heavier torsion springs to install. I will probably just do the shocks, torsions, service the clutches and ride it to make sure it doesn’t have any other major issues, before I put a track in it, because it was a rental sled. 

F20F7783-B58A-4860-9DC7-68A21437E570.jpeg

A0B4AD52-0660-4FF3-9A97-429631026381.jpeg

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

I’ve got a set of SLP Mohawks to bolt on and some scratchers...also need to keep in touch with Sled Solutions Paul as I’m waiting on a set of carbides for the Mohawks. 👊🏻🇺🇸

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

Perfect weather today.

That tricolor logo is also one of my absolute favorites.  Do you know if it has a specific name?  I've searched around trying to find the image vector so I could make my own stuff out of it since there really aren't many items featuring it.

Put Caliber ski guides on my trailer last weekend, I think that counts.  Clutch kit on the Riot from Speedwerx.  I wanted SLP skis this year, but the budget doesn’t look good and I can put those on mid-season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Premium said:

That tricolor logo is also one of my absolute favorites.  Do you know if it has a specific name?  I've searched around trying to find the image vector so I could make my own stuff out of it since there really aren't many items featuring it.

I don't think it has a name.  If you keep a look out you will find things though, that is half the fun some times.  I may go to the local transport graphics shop at some point to see if I can get it on my trailer sides with the checkered flag and color streamers running to the back.  We'll see how stupid I get with $$ 🙄

Here's some of the recent stuff I've got with that logo.  I also like some of the other logos from the 80's/90's but that tricolor is a favorite and I think for many others too.

PXL_20210828_155116741.jpg

PXL_20210828_155058055.jpg

PXL_20210809_001936699.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I don't think it has a name.  If you keep a look out you will find things though, that is half the fun some times.  I may go to the local transport graphics shop at some point to see if I can get it on my trailer sides with the checkered flag and color streamers running to the back.  We'll see how stupid I get with $$ 🙄

Here's some of the recent stuff I've got with that logo.  I also like some of the other logos from the 80's/90's but that tricolor is a favorite and I think for many others too.

PXL_20210828_155116741.jpg

PXL_20210828_155058055.jpg

PXL_20210809_001936699.jpg

How much you want for that hat!? lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I had a 1 page typed list just for the Enticer and did not find much.  

I picked up a set of 4" Woody's carbides ($30), 48 .875" studs/backers/t-nuts ($55), a set of Rox handgaurds ($40), a pair of steel Yamaha skis ($20). 

Only the traction products were on my list.  Not a lot of Enticer parts or buyers this year.

Lots of priceless items too.

Ended up swapping there at the last minute.  We pulled up anchor and packed everything up in about 10 minuntes once the tornado sirens started going off.  Beat the rush out the gate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I had a 1 page typed list just for the Enticer and did not find much.  

I picked up a set of 4" Woody's carbides ($30), 48 .875" studs/backers/t-nuts ($55), a set of Rox handgaurds ($40), a pair of steel Yamaha skis ($20). 

Only the traction products were on my list.  Not a lot of Enticer parts or buyers this year.

Lots of priceless items too.

Ended up swapping there at the last minute.  We pulled up anchor and packed everything up in about 10 minuntes once the tornado sirens started going off.  Beat the rush out the gate.

I was wondering how it went down there, I live 45 min north of there and all we really got was rain and a little wind at the end. That's a bummer there wasn't more parts to be found for you.

4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I was wondering how it went down there, I live 45 min north of there and all we really got was rain and a little wind at the end. That's a bummer there wasn't more parts to be found for you.

At the end of the day, it went ok.  It was miserable sleeping there with the humidity.  

Like I said, it seemed like the number of people there buying stuff was down, but only so many people are there looking for $150 ripped seats off 90's sleds.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

At the end of the day, it went ok.  It was miserable sleeping there with the humidity.  

Like I said, it seemed like the number of people there buying stuff was down, but only so many people are there looking for $150 ripped seats off 90's sleds.

I am glad I didn’t go now. I saw the weather report and stayed home 

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I am glad I didn’t go now. I saw the weather report and stayed home 

We got into the swap just as the rain stopped on Friday around 9 and were set up and cracking beers by 10. 

Both days ended up being fairly decent in terms of weather (until the tornado sirens started going, obviously), at least it wasn't blazing hot out with no clouds to be found.

There just wasn't a lot of people buying stuff this year.  I guess you can only look at the same 90's parts for so long before you just don't care.

Lots of Ski-Doo RV stuff, if that was your thing.  Didn't find a complete Firecat anywhere, and very few parts.

I think we'll probably just camp there next year or go for the day.

Swapped out the trailer and the two sleds. Soon as the weather gives me a break I will bolt on some stuff. We each got some new some gear and now wait for the early season passes to go on sale. Might be the earliest I have ever got my stuff together in 40 years.

Went through the 19 600 a few days ago that’s ready to go for the season now. Have the 92 Jag special in for a top end now and a guy dropped off a ZRT 600 and Thundercat for me to go through. Zert needs a stator and the thundercat needs the stupid reverse pin that all early cats eat up once a season. Gonna go through the clutches on both of them and do preseasons too.