Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

I sent a set of shocks to Mike Carver for a revalve/upgrade and am making a list of shit I want/need on the shelf now for spares or otherwise, before winter rolls in and there's another parts shortage.  

Anyone actually get their new 2022 sled(s) yet?

Just scratching my ass while I procrastinate.

But I do have a order to send in to Woody's and an impressively long list for my Enticer project.

Looked at a 120 race sled for the boy.  "Looked" mostly out of curiosity because the one was $10k...

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Just scratching my ass while I procrastinate.

But I do have a order to send in to Woody's and an impressively long list for my Enticer project.

Looked at a 120 race sled for the boy.  "Looked" mostly out of curiosity because the one was $10k...

@fortune46x has to know who's selling a 120 - there was a bunch f/s at the end of season last year.  The little mods sound cool, and those parents spend big $ on them.  Check here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1620648984822042

Enticer... is this Larry?  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@fortune46x has to know who's selling a 120 - there was a bunch f/s at the end of season last year.  The little mods sound cool, and those parents spend big $ on them.  Check here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1620648984822042

Enticer... is this Larry?  

We've just been looking at 120, 206 and 200 race sleds for now.  Amazing what people will dump in to those.

Enticer project is a 1 lunger racer.  Thank God the base sled was cheap.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CFM said:

Late October I start.

we boat till mid October, right Clown550 ? 

similar, the old aluminum boat at the cottage comes out of the water around halloween, same with the in-town boat

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Still thinking and looking/watching right now.  

get the wife a part time job if it's that stressful for you

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

similar, the old aluminum boat at the cottage comes out of the water around halloween, same with the in-town boat

get the wife a part time job if it's that stressful for you

Yuh….She needs to find something to do because being in my hair during a remodel is a poor choice….for the both of us!!!

• Haha 1

I've been starting to think about getting fixing. 

RMK needs tunnel straightened, rear bumper/tunnel brace, its getting pistons at minimum, have to see what kind of shape crank and bearings are in. Engine is my usual 2,000 mile maintenance.  Clutches obviously yearly. Skid will get its yearly disassemble, cleaning, fixing any bent/broken/cracked/worn areas. I'll freshen shocks. Hopefully track is fine yet. Gear drive belt is due for change, I may gear down at same time. 

Trail sled and backup mountain sled should be good to go. They never get used. 

My brother has 2 trail sleds in desperate need of attention. I'll have to do those also. If he touches them, I'll end up fixing his fuck ups. 

Completely went through everything (Besides the clutches on the '21) on the two main trail sleds last April.  Third/backup only got 145 miles last year, so it should be good to go.

Now attacking the '21 with new clutch springs, roller bearing in secondary, and adjustable weights in the primary.  All parts should be on hand in the next couple days (Barring a mistake by Polaris on the availability of the springs).

I've been buying lots of parts, and memorabilia for the garage.  I did a motor swap in the 99 Z and got it all cleaned up, registered and am going to post for sale this weekend.  I'll probably take apart another motor and start doing the work to it before installing in sled later in winter.  I probably won't do much more actual work to machines until after Thanksgiving.  But I'll still be buying stuff, I have a ton of awesome period specific Cat stuff to go up in the garage and my parts bins are full.

24 hours from now I'll be roaming the Princeton swap.. can't wait.  I'm picking up an ebay winning there also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I've been buying lots of parts, and memorabilia for the garage.  I did a motor swap in the 99 Z and got it all cleaned up, registered and am going to post for sale this weekend.  I'll probably take apart another motor and start doing the work to it before installing in sled later in winter.  I probably won't do much more actual work to machines until after Thanksgiving.  But I'll still be buying stuff, I have a ton of awesome period specific Cat stuff to go up in the garage and my parts bins are full.

24 hours from now I'll be roaming the Princeton swap.. can't wait.  I'm picking up an ebay winning there also.

Keep an eye open for a mid height windshield for me.  Had to use my spare that was squirreled away in the attic last winter after breaking one on a branch sticking out of the darkness.  :(

I'll add it to the mental list.  That's probably not a bad thing to buy regardless because they're so sought out, I sold mine in under a day last year for a profit.  Good thing you had the spare

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Now that swap meet season is here I should get the bravo and parts sled out and list them to see if there's any interest.

15 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Now that swap meet season is here I should get the bravo and parts sled out and list them to see if there's any interest.

Yes you most definitely should

On 8/25/2021 at 8:41 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I sent a set of shocks to Mike Carver for a revalve/upgrade and am making a list of shit I want/need on the shelf now for spares or otherwise, before winter rolls in and there's another parts shortage.  

Anyone actually get their new 2022 sled(s) yet?

I bought a fancy market to write 4 sale on mine 

1 hour ago, Cwhite138 said:

isn't it customary every sledder to be  scrabbling a week before the first snow? 

Not really.  At least not the guys I know.  Usually, we tinker with them all summer.  My old date for “put back together” was SX kick off T-giving weekend.  Now, I don’t even have one.  This too shall change…like the fucking climate!  :lol: