Taliban agree to let Afghans leave Afghanistan after US withdrawal deadline

2 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

We only have the airport left also. If we do an offensive- they will use the massive artillery we gave to them - & blow the place to hell.

And with all the Americans trapped behind enemy lines...bad situation.

Biggest military blunder ever ...

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Welp there it is....SMH

Screenshot_20210826-095717.png

Beat me too it. 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Man I hope none of these fuckers make it onto one of our evacuation planes..

They’ve been coming through our unsecured southern border for years. The pictures that I saw of the plane passengers looked like mostly military age males too. 

Afghan interpretar just got on news (vocally) snd said about 30 injured, 6 dead, including 5yr okd girl in his arms.

oh freakin great :(

Edited by CFM

Joe needs that punky smirk punched off his face. Wise punk-assed bitch punk. 

He can't be impeached soon enough. 

Those fukkin joint chief of staff mother fukkers just stood by and allowed this fukkin mental case to do this!!!! 

That new SECRETARY OF DEFENSE, Lloyd Austin. or whatever his fukkin name is should be FIRED!!!

You see his faces when Peter Duecey asked him real questions today ? 

Same faces he gives us peasants. Disgust. Same looks as Hillary. Same as Obama. “Your all idiots, I’m your savior. I’ll give you what you svtually want and sctually neef. Shut up and go away.”

6 hours ago, CFM said:

You see his faces when Peter Duecey asked him real questions today ? 

Same faces he gives us peasants. Disgust. Same looks as Hillary. Same as Obama. “Your all idiots, I’m your savior. I’ll give you what you svtually want and sctually neef. Shut up and go away.”

Yes, that’s the look for fascists for sure.  But with old Joey Bear, it’s the same look when he gets confused.  Like when he is asked his name, if he knows what day it is or, where he is at the moment.

Its been studied that when old people slip into dementia, they actually get scared then angry when they hear things they don’t understand or, people bring them back to reality whilst they are floating in a daze of a daydream or old memory.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, that’s the look for fascists for sure.  But with old Joey Bear, it’s the same look when he gets confused.  Like when he is asked his name, if he knows what day it is or, where he is at the moment.

Its been studied that when old people slip into dementia, they actually get scared then angry when they hear things they don’t understand or, people bring them back to reality whilst they are floating in a daze of a daydream or old memory.

Sounds like someone here 

Just now, Skidooski said:

Sounds like someone here 

Once they reach the “pants shitting” stage.  It’s time for family to put them down.  Now, if the family suffer from various mental disorders also, others need to step in and Kevorkian the whole mess.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Once they reach the “pants shitting” stage.  It’s time for family to put them down.  Now, if the family suffer from various mental disorders also, others need to step in and Kevorkian the whole mess.

:lmao:

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

:lmao:

What?  How can anyone be against a peaceful end to one’s suffering.  How is this a crime?  Think of all the libtwats that can be saved from a certain life of self loathing, hate, racism, pain and agony.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

What?  How can anyone be against a peaceful end to one’s suffering.  How is this a crime?  Think of all the libtwats that can be saved from a certain life of self loathing, hate, racism, pain and agony.

Calm down, I agree 100%, I just simply thought the words "Kevorkian the whole mess" was funny. :lmao:

Just now, snoughnut said:

Calm down, I agree 100%, I just simply thought the words "Kevorkian the whole mess" was funny. :lmao:

I’m as calm as pond water without so much as a whisper of wind.

I was being sarcastic.  I know what you found funny.  :lol:

Yahoo News

Biden promises to hunt down terrorists behind devastating Kabul attack

Brittany Shepherd
Brittany Shepherd
·White House Correspondent
Thu, August 26, 2021, 5:02 PM

In this article:
  •  

•  

•  

•  
    Joe Biden
    46th and current president of the United States
  •  
    Beau Biden
    Former Attorney General of Delaware
  •  
    Jill Biden
    First Lady of the United States

Speaking to the American people in the wake of a devastating terror attack at the Kabul airport that left scores dead on Thursday — including numerous U.S. troops — President Biden promised the U.S. would strike back against those responsible.

“To those who carried out this attack, as well as anyone who wishes America harm, know this — we will not forgive, we will not forget, we will hunt you down and make you pay,” the president said in a somber White House address.

Joe Biden

President Biden addresses the nation in the wake of the terror attack in Kabul on Thursday. (Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images)

Gen. Kenneth McKenzie Jr., the head of U.S. Central Command, said earlier in the day that one of the explosions was caused by at least one suicide bomber presumed to be working with the Islamic State Khorasan, or ISIS-K, and that more attacks were likely. Biden also said ISIS-K was behind the attack.

A pair of explosions near Hamid Karzai International Airport killed a number of people Thursday afternoon in what the U.S. described as a “complex attack.” The Pentagon said 13 U.S. service members died in the attack and an additional 15 were injured, along with numerous Afghan nationals, in the single deadliest day for American forces in the country since 2011.

An Afghan official told the Associated Press that 60 Afghans were killed and 143 were wounded in the airport blast.

Biden said that he and first lady Jill Biden are “outraged, as well as heartbroken” at the news. He alluded to military parents who might be “feeling you're being sucked into a black hole in the middle of your chest,” and spoke of his late son, Beau Biden, who served tours in Iraq and Kosovo as an Army officer.

Biden emphasized that while the U.S. is assessing how and when to respond, the ongoing evacuation mission in Kabul would continue, and that remaining American citizens would be removed from the country, along with Afghans who had assisted U.S. forces.

“I’ve also ordered my commanders to develop operational plans to strike ISIS key assets, leadership and facilities. We will respond with force and precision at our time at a place we choose in a moment of our choosing,” the president said. Biden added that the military would be given “whatever they need.”

Medical and hospital staff bring an injured man on a stretcher for treatment

Medical personnel transport a man for treatment after he was injured in terrorist attacks outside the airport in Kabul. (Wakil Kohsar/AFP via Getty Images)

Before taking questions from reporters, Biden asked for a “moment of silence” for the fallen American personnel. In response to a question about whether he bore responsibility for the situation in Afghanistan, Biden said yes, while also noting that former President Donald Trump had negotiated the original withdrawal agreement with the Taliban.

“But here’s the deal: You know, I wish you — you know as well as I do that the former president made a deal with the Taliban” Biden said.

McKenzie and other U.S. officials have warned that further attacks in Afghanistan are likely.

“We believe it is their desire to continue those attacks and we expect those attacks to continue and we’re doing everything we can to be prepared for those attacks,” McKenzie told reporters at the Pentagon, adding that the U.S. had enough forces on the ground to counter enemy militants.

In public remarks and interviews since the rapid fall of Afghanistan’s Western-backed government, Biden warned against the threat of ISIS-K, a group U.S. intelligence agencies say is a sworn enemy of the Taliban.

“These troops and innocent civilians at the airport face the risk of attack from ISIS-K,” Biden said last Sunday.

The Kabul airport has been the epicenter of the rushed effort by U.S. forces to evacuate tens of thousands of Americans, Afghans and third-country nationals. Worried that any Americans and Afghans who aided U.S. forces left behind would be at risk of persecution by the new Taliban government, some current and former officials have called on the White House to extend its self-imposed deadline of Aug. 31 for the withdrawal of U.S. forces. Biden has also been criticized for his prediction last month that the Taliban would not rapidly retake the country as U.S. forces left.

Congressional Republicans and a number of leading Senate Democrats have described the withdrawal as chaotic and haphazard.

Crowds of people

Crowds wait outside the airport in Kabul on Wednesday. (David Martinon/Twitter via Reuters)

“This is a full-fledged humanitarian crisis, and the U.S. government personnel, already working under extreme circumstances, must secure the airport and complete the massive evacuation of American citizens and vulnerable Afghans desperately trying to leave the country,” Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Menendez, D-N.J., said in a statement Thursday.

The White House, meanwhile, has defended its efforts to evacuate the country.

“This is now on track to be the largest airlift in U.S. history,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters during a briefing Wednesday when presented with criticism of the late August deadline. “So no, I would not say this is anything but a success.”

As of Thursday morning, the U.S. said it had facilitated the evacuation of approximately 95,700 people since Aug. 14, including about 13,400 taken out of the country overnight. At least 1,000 Americans are thought to still be in the country, according to McKenzie.

Biden spent much of Thursday in the White House Situation Room with Cabinet members including Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, according to the White House. Vice President Kamala Harris joined those meetings virtually during her flight from Vietnam to Guam. Harris is set to return to Washington, D.C., on Thursday, canceling the last leg of her overseas trip to campaign for embattled California Gov. Gavin Newsom.

The White House either canceled or delayed several of Biden’s public events scheduled for Thursday, including a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett.

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m as calm as pond water without so much as a whisper of wind.

I was being sarcastic.  I know what you found funny.  :lol:

Well, sometimes sarcasm is difficult to discern ovah da innnnanet.