Current American Muscle car or 60's and 70's Muscle car?

Doug

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, Legend said:

mid to late 70s was 2nd worst time for cars. 80s was the worst. 

I disagree with modern cars looking better than classic cars. Modern cars maybe designed better, have better aero, etc. But they all look very similar. Low, round, narrow. Classics had character. 

But thats my opinion.

you now have a stang, camaro and challenger. Everything else looks like an egg.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:05 PM, racinfarmer said:

Last 2 gens of Viper gets my pants a little tight.  

Specifically this one:

16671714-2017-dodge-viper-std.jpg

The first post in this thread answered my thoughts... You and I have similar car tastes I think. Viper has always been my #1 car I want to own. Old muscle does nothing for me. I do like old 40's/50's pickup trucks though. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

No interest in modern stuff. It all looks like variations of the same car. Gobs of HP and big G's on a skid pad...great...for what? So I can drive 30 mph around town and 65 on the highway?

Amazing unusable tech.

I like the old bodies from the 50's - 80's. But I do like an easy to drive vehicle with brakes and a decent push off the line. Resto Mod is the way to go.

But then I've never liked cars, I'm all about the trucks. I need function with the form.

Been debating what to do with my '78 Flareside F100. Considered a Crown Vic front clip with a 4.6 motor but I'm leaning towards lowering the front and rear with dream beams and a swap kit. Disc's for the rear 9 inch diff and a fuel injected small block mill, 302 or 351W, AOD trans. Stock interior and stock body. Easy driver, no carb to fuck with, and modern brakes.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 12:49 PM, Sael said:

I like them all but I still have a passion for small fwd cars that dates back to my SAAB days in the early 70's. My last few summer toys were a 2006 JCW MINI, a 2014 Fiesta ST and I just purchased a 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T. 

F4BD7F21-A03D-430D-AE63-B78E192D25A3.jpeg

C8B0AC5C-1CB6-4C38-81C7-35558BFB5498.jpeg

4542BD63-442C-45A1-8D01-64AC53AE38A1.jpeg

72E0F395-06A6-4DFE-84A9-68045073B5A7.jpeg

4EA281D6-2C49-4091-A277-341C5E9927B9.jpeg

0BC5B65D-BED9-458D-B325-6F3440FD67E8.jpeg

Between my wive(s) lol and I, we've owned 4-5 Saabs, a couple Audis, a couple Mercedes ML V8s, a 79 TA 6.6, 05 GTO, Mini Clubman S, 16 BMW 750xdrive, and a bunch of stuff in between.  RIght now I"m driving a fucking Ram 2500.  I stopped buying new about 10 years ago, and now like to let someone else eat the depreciation for the first 1-2 years. My ex is rocking a Porsche Macan GTS thanks to my generous alimony, and that thing is pretty impressive, but I digress.  :lol:  The BMW sat 4 comfortably, had about 47 speakers, massaged my balls and would snap my head back with almost 450 horse and a 0-60 time of just over 4 seconds.  I don't have alotta nostalgia for the old stuff, I had some of it, even bought it new, the new stuff is just too impressive.

100049038_10223279005553416_3252643638806577152_n.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Between my wive (s) lol and I, we've owned 4-5 Saabs, a couple Audis, a couple Mercedes ML V8s, a 79 TA 6.6, 05 GTO, Mini Clubman S, 16 BMW 750xdrive, and a bunch of stuff in between.  RIght now I"m driving a fucking Ram 2500.  I stopped buying new about 10 years ago, and now like to let someone else eat the depreciation for the first 1-2 years. My ex is rocking a Porsche Macan GTS thanks to my generous alimony, and that thing is pretty impressive, but I digress.  :lol:  The BMW sat 4 comfortably, had about 47 speakers, massaged my balls and would snap my head back with almost 450 horse and a 0-60 time of just over 4 seconds.  I don't have alotta nostalgia for the old stuff, I had some of it, even bought it new, the new stuff is just too impressive.

100049038_10223279005553416_3252643638806577152_n.jpg

Mickey Rooney of FS.COM.

What's it like paying an ex, who could be getting dogged by a 6-4 watusi, swingin' a 9" dong into her ass? 

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Mickey Rooney of FS.COM.

What's it like paying an ex, who could be getting dogged by a 6-4 watusi, swingin' a 9" dong into her ass? 

Yeah so what.  I've been with my present wife for more than 13 years.  My first one 18 years, second one 6 years.  All three are/were smokeshows.  I've had better looking broads, drive better cars and own bigger boats.  My house is even nicer than yours.  Keep posting pics of your so called statements that mean nothing, certainly nothing I could submit as paper work for an orderly transfer of assets or proof of net worth.  Last time I'm gonna tell you.  You're dismissed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah so what.  I've been with my present wife for more than 13 years.  My first one 18 years, second one 6 years.  All three are/were smokeshows.  I've had better looking broads, drive better cars and own bigger boats.  My house is even nicer than yours.  Keep posting pics of your so called statements that mean nothing, certainly nothing I could submit as paper work for an orderly transfer of assets or proof of net worth.  Last time I'm gonna tell you.  You're dismissed.

I was just thinkin' how much it would bother me to be payin' a fukkin cunt, who I divorced for some reason, and who could be gettin' plowed by some syphilitic negroid, in a condo that I'm payin' for. 

That would kinda' bother me. JUST SAYIN"!!!!  :dunno:     

I'm just sayin'!!!!!!!!  

25 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Mickey Rooney of FS.COM.

You know, quoting this for your attorney.

And maybe CKF if he gives two fucks. No, i’m not reporting it. Just making it more visible you piece of clown550 shit.

4 minutes ago, CFM said:

You know, quoting this for your attorney.

And maybe CKF if he gives two fucks. No, i’m not reporting it. Just making it more visible you piece of clown550 shit.

WTF are you talkin' about, my attorney?????

Great hobby and people.  Absolutely nothing to do with performance and handling.  Its a nostalgic thing not a road race.  I have gotten to meet and become friends with some people I would of never met otherwise.  A lot of crafty people out there, building some incredible cars.  Its kind of a shame this is lost on the younger generation. Gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment, even if your skills are limited to cleaning and polishing your car.  

• Like 3

Saw this at a car show few weeks back.  Put a huge smile on my face.  First performance type car I owned when I was 16.  
Rocket? 
race car? 
nope,  but I loved that car. Had so much fun in  it.  

5B5F3626-2531-41B6-AF17-1B2D83854A9C.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Saw this at a car show few weeks back.  Put a huge smile on my face.  First performance type car I owned when I was 16.  
Rocket? 
race car? 
nope,  but I loved that car. Had so much fun in  it.  

5B5F3626-2531-41B6-AF17-1B2D83854A9C.jpeg

ls or JZ swapped Z cars are awesome :news:

18 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Mickey Rooney of FS.COM.

Jesus Christ. Is there ANY thread that you could just stay the fuck out of with your deranged bullshit rants?!? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toslow said:

Gone are the days of seeing a car coming towards you a half mile away and know the year make and model just by looking at the headlights 

We all said that in the later 80’s when every other car was a Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable and vehicles where turning round vs square of the bygone era.