Blackstone griddle guys

35 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

You ever use chicken instead of steak? That's a pretty good concoction also!

i have a couple places that give you the choice of steak or chicken.  then one that does philly style shaved steak  or steak tips as a choice.  One of the best things about this area is there is no lack of good sub shops.  I might go chicken philly for lunch tomorrow now that was brought up

Maybe buffalo chicken cheesesteak,  shaved chicken with hot sauce ranch onions and mushrooms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i have a couple places that give you the choice of steak or chicken.  then one that does philly style shaved steak  or steak tips as a choice.  One of the best things about this area is there is no lack of good sub shops.  I might go chicken philly for lunch tomorrow now that was brought up

Maybe buffalo chicken cheesesteak,  shaved chicken with hot sauce ranch onions and mushrooms.

The best steak and cheese that I've ever had is in the Manchester-Concord NH area. Nadeau's Subs who are famous for their steak tip subs.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

I finally found a place that makes a steak and cheese the way that I like them.  Their other place that's open during the winter is an hour away. I'm sure I will make the trip a few times during the off-season ;)

And where would these places be?

6 minutes ago, Sael said:

And where would these places be?

Grampy's in Colebrook & Pittsburg. I'm guessing it is freshly chopped steak & they butter and grill a perfectly done roll. Try it if you make it over that way. Nicole tells me that the fish is excellent too. 

• Like 1

I’ll have my portable one at hay days so let me know when we all want breakfast!!😁

Little cooking on lake pepin!!!

still use grill for cooking chicken and brats but love my griddle!!

E5D940F8-15DC-40EB-BE80-43883015DE7A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 6:54 PM, X2700 said:

I’ll have my portable one at hay days so let me know when we all want breakfast!!😁

Little cooking on lake pepin!!!

still use grill for cooking chicken and brats but love my griddle!!

E5D940F8-15DC-40EB-BE80-43883015DE7A.jpeg

Is that just down from the new Lakehouse on Pepin (old Waterman's) spot?  Looks like a good breakfast going there!

I didn't get mine seasoned/conditioned yesterday, so did it today and then did some burgers as a first meal ... pretty damn good, and quick.  Next time I do burgers though, I'm doing smash burgers as these were the premade patties we already had left over from camping.  My daughter wants breakfast tomorrow when she gets back from VB practice, so we'll give it another go then.  First impression = money well spent and I think we're gonna love having this thing for camping.

23 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Is that just down from the new Lakehouse on Pepin (old Waterman's) spot?  Looks like a good breakfast going there!

I didn't get mine seasoned/conditioned yesterday, so did it today and then did some burgers as a first meal ... pretty damn good, and quick.  Next time I do burgers though, I'm doing smash burgers as these were the premade patties we already had left over from camping.  My daughter wants breakfast tomorrow when she gets back from VB practice, so we'll give it another go then.  First impression = money well spent and I think we're gonna love having this thing for camping.

Smash burgers are the best way to do it.  Get the griddle good and hot.  Put down some oil.  Make 1/4 pound balls with 80/20.  Drop them in the grill and then smash them down as flat as you can. Use parchment paper between burger and smashing tool.  Season, flip after a couple minutes. Add cheese a minute or two after flipped.

If you want to do onions those will need quite a bit longer to cook down.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yep 

right next to that big old tree!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just did a fundraiser for our club and normally use 3 grilles to keep up during busy times.  This year we still had 3 grilles but 2 were Blackstone grilles and handled everything.  Even made the crew breakfast yesterday morning.  The only thing is we'll probably get a couple 100# LP tanks next year.  Went through 6 20# tanks.

20210918_125428.jpg

20210917_182451.jpg

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 8/24/2021 at 7:52 PM, ckf said:

Grampy's in Colebrook & Pittsburg. I'm guessing it is freshly chopped steak & they butter and grill a perfectly done roll. Try it if you make it over that way. Nicole tells me that the fish is excellent too. 

Ya ever have their homemade donuts? Taste like fried dough