What's for dinner???

12 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Sometimes ...that was just potatoes that night. 

Think im heading to the bar tonight. Eat a little pub food and more drinks ....still stuffed from Thanksgiving need to ease up a bit 😂

Try adding a touch of cinnamon to your stew....just a touch.

• Like 2

I guess it’s bird pie night. Lol.

Mrs Budds Chicken Pot Pie tonight.

I’m an addict of it, so only get it once every other month or so. Only prepared meal, i can think off my head, that I buy. So damn good.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Plate 1 of a few...

7mOps6c.jpg

Is that the equivalent to tuna casserole, except you used chicken instead of tuna?  I may have to give that a shot this weekend, as my kid loves this form of tuna casserole ... she may like the chicken style even better.

26 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Is that the equivalent to tuna casserole, except you used chicken instead of tuna?  I may have to give that a shot this weekend, as my kid loves this form of tuna casserole ... she may like the chicken style even better.

Somewhat, but different.  Quick run down.

2 large (Costco beasts) chicken breasts that are poached or sous vide.  I sous vide mine at 147F.

Saute 1/2 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper until soft

Add one can cream chix soup and one cream mushroom (hell ya MN, lol)

Warm in the pan until boiling.  Once warm add 8oz of shredded cheddar and mix off the heat until melted.  Then add the chicken, cubed.

Grease (I use spray) a 9x13 pan.  Take a box (2 bag) of potato chips, crack open the bag and crush them.  Put one bag of the smashed chips on the bottom of the pan.  Cover with the sauce/chicken mixture above and put into a 400F oven until bubbly and starting to brown.  Then add the other bag of now crushed chips on top and bake for another 10-15min until the chips start to brown.

Beware it is addicting.  It is everything great about hot dish IMO.

• Like 2

Okay, been on a Pineapple kick fir a few years. Mainly as snack. 

How it happened, lol.

Went to San Diego a few years ago fir a conference and right near the conference center (few hundred yards or so) is the Dole port. Massive ! Size of the Dole Ship(s) , amt of containers taken off, etc was amazing. I geek out on this stuff. Obviously walked away realizing how many must use/eat pineapples.

Then later noticed in our supermarkets, Dole or Chiquita pineapples on sale alot between $1.50-$2.50 a pineapple.

Seal the deal: wife loves cool kitchen gadjets and found this for $8. So cool. Cut top off pineapple. Twist this tool right down the middle. Pull out with pineapple innards. Remove tool top, slide ready to eat perfect cut pineapple right off it. Takes 15 seconds to do whole thing if working slow. Yum !

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Pineapple-Remover-Kitchen-Without/dp/B091DL8MC5

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tasty-Stainless-Steel-Metal-Pineapple-Corer-Slicer-Cutter-Yellow/627677131

Edited by CFM
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I am surprised how long that tool takes.  Faster with a knife...but I won't end up with rings then not that I know what I would do with a ring of pineapple.

Lol. Slow on video to show how it works. Lol. 15 seconds from cutting top to twisting it down with using no muscles. No tough skin, no core. Done !

Now viable snack. Like all fruit, coming in from working outside when hot, feels great.

Faster with a knife ? Lol.

21 hours ago, CFM said:

Okay, been on a Pineapple kick fir a few years. Mainly as snack. 

How it happened, lol.

Went to San Diego a few years ago fir a conference and right near the conference center (few hundred yards or so) is the Dole port. Massive ! Size of the Dole Ship(s) , amt of containers taken off, etc was amazing. I geek out on this stuff. Obviously walked away realizing how many must use/eat pineapples.

Then later noticed in our supermarkets, Dole or Chiquita pineapples on sale alot between $1.50-$2.50 a pineapple.

Seal the deal: wife loves cool kitchen gadjets and found this for $8. So cool. Cut top off pineapple. Twist this tool right down the middle. Pull out with pineapple innards. Remove tool top, slide ready to eat perfect cut pineapple right off it. Takes 15 seconds to do whole thing if working slow. Yum !

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Pineapple-Remover-Kitchen-Without/dp/B091DL8MC5

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tasty-Stainless-Steel-Metal-Pineapple-Corer-Slicer-Cutter-Yellow/627677131

We buy about one pineapple a week. Love it ice cold and when you get to the bottom drink the juices.

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1