What's for dinner???

BLT's and a creamy cucumber salad before heading to another volleyball match.  Thank goodness for friends and family who grow fresh stuff ... the tomatoes and cukes were fantastic!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Spicy (by request) beef Pad Thai is f'ng excellent and for any of you traveling north or south during snowmobiling season through the Wausau area on 51/39 that don't want fast food or gas station trash... call, order and pick up or dine in.   Excellent and affordable. 

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063178871730&mibextid=9R9pXO

the leaf was from the woods behind the house, first sign of fall.  

IMG_20230831_201205078_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230831_195624964_HDR.jpg

The leaves are starting to change here, too.

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

BLT's and a creamy cucumber salad before heading to another volleyball match.  Thank goodness for friends and family who grow fresh stuff ... the tomatoes and cukes were fantastic!!

I love blt's, but the cucumber salad soaked my interest. What in it? 

9 hours ago, ckf said:

The leaves are starting to change here, too.

I love blt's, but the cucumber salad soaked my interest. What in it? 

Mayo, Vinegar, and Sugar (1 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup, respectively).  Peel and slice up the cukes, an onion, throw that in a bow and salt them and let 'em sit for a bit (typically 30-60 minutes).  Then mix up the dressing and pour over the cukes/onions.  Throw it in the fridge for an hour ... good to go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Mayo, Vinegar, and Sugar (1 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup, respectively).  Peel and slice up the cukes, an onion, throw that in a bow and salt them and let 'em sit for a bit (typically 30-60 minutes).  Then mix up the dressing and pour over the cukes/onions.  Throw it in the fridge for an hour ... good to go!

Interesting.  We grew up with something similar but cream instead of mayo.  More of the vinegar solution then made creamy with cream.  MN staple.  Almost always some in my fridge without the dairy in cuke season as that can be added or not anytime.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

42 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Interesting.  We grew up with something similar but cream instead of mayo.  More of the vinegar solution then made creamy with cream.  MN staple.  Almost always some in my fridge without the dairy in cuke season as that can be added or not anytime.

We do a similar thing here too. I love putting it on fresh baby red potatoes.

• Like 1

• ckf locked this topic