What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wife's out buying a whole new wardrobe for the trip to Germany so I had some shitty hard boiled eggs and a gross salad.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Air fried? I haven't had good luck doing them in the air fryer. Never crispy enough or they just burn. Only thing I've found that isn't good in air fryer so far.

Super easy to actually just fry them.  They take nearly no time and you can use a small sauce pan with nearly no oil and just do a couple at a time.  In 10 minutes you can have as many done as the air fryer and IMO the clean up is easier.  I just pour the oil back into my used oil container and wipe out the pan.  

18 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

corn dogs in the air fryer are the bomb  

our little neighborhood grocery store sells corn dogs at the meat counter.  not the state fair box shit. 

Same with corn dogs although they take a slightly larger pan due to the stick....but I usually just pull those out and then you can roll them in the same small pan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Super easy to actually just fry them.  They take nearly no time and you can use a small sauce pan with nearly no oil and just do a couple at a time.  In 10 minutes you can have as many done as the air fryer and IMO the clean up is easier.  I just pour the oil back into my used oil container and wipe out the pan.  

Same with corn dogs although they take a slightly larger pan due to the stick....but I usually just pull those out and then you can roll them in the same small pan.

Yes. I know. But I like using the air fryer. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Yes. I know. But I like using the air fryer. :lol:

I don't get it.  More work, harder to clean, unitasker, makes things taste worse, fundamentally does nothing a good oven can't do.  Not sure why people want them.  And yes, I had one.  Was gifted it.  Made one of my inlaws happy the following white christmas gift exchange.

...not trying to derail the dinner thread.  More than happy to help anyone improve what they like in the air fryer using more conventional methods.

Edited by Deephaven

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I don't get it.  More work, harder to clean, unitasker, makes things taste worse, fundamentally does nothing a good oven can't do.  Not sure why people want them.  And yes, I had one.  Was gifted it.  Made one of my inlaws happy the following white christmas gift exchange.

...not trying to derail the dinner thread.  More than happy to help anyone improve what they like in the air fryer using more conventional methods.

Disagree. I find it way less work and much cleaner. I'll do home fries in one and bacon in the other and eggs in the frying pan or microwave.

24 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Ok, I'm going to need the name of..................  rofl.png.70529ed8ed4d35377b9d34e52c28358c.png - - :lol: Never mind............ :thumbsup:

Cooked the chicken breast in the air fryer with some spices on it. 😀

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Made a pot of @Bontz's creamy potato soup with garlic toast. Damn good soup :ylsuper:

Did you do the blending part to that recipe?  I wasn't going to, but ended up doing it ... and was glad I did.  I tried that recipe just to see if I'd like it & it's definitely a keeper.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Did you do the blending part to that recipe?  I wasn't going to, but ended up doing it ... and was glad I did.  I tried that recipe just to see if I'd like it & it's definitely a keeper.

I too questioned it but followed the recipe to a 't' and glad I did. I felt like Jeremy Clarkson and told the wife "I did a thing!!!". Great soup , I'll be making it again. The only thing I did was add a couple extra strips of bacon and got shit for that!!!!!!! Too much bacon was the complaint,,I still don't understand what that means???Fucking women.