What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Had a meeting.  One guy brought it in.  6 now have it.  My family is still not sick.  No shots or booster for me, but natural immunity isn't working either.  Out of the 7 total two others are also not vaxxed, but unsure on the rest of the room.  

Not a common cold.  The body aches are brutal.  So is eating dinner alone after being gone 17 or the last 21 days.

Fill yourself full of horse dewormer!!!

• Haha 3

Considering outside of Covid I have taken 1 sick day in my whole career I am not so worried about it.  Last time I had it I couldn't breath for a couple days, this time I feel like I ran a marathon and deadlifted a 300lb body of the ground.  Where I slipped disks in the past is in fire and every other muscle hurts.  It mostly pisses me off as I want to see the family, but with how contagious this seems to be I am going to hide a bit.

Means all leftovers here for a while, but at least I fill the freezer with those all the time 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Considering outside of Covid I have taken 1 sick day in my whole career I am not so worried about it.  Last time I had it I couldn't breath for a couple days, this time I feel like I ran a marathon and deadlifted a 300lb body of the ground.  Where I slipped disks in the past is in fire and every other muscle hurts.  It mostly pisses me off as I want to see the family, but with how contagious this seems to be I am going to hide a bit.

Means all leftovers here for a while, but at least I fill the freezer with those all the time 

Have someone pick you up a box of lemon heads candy several people I know sucked on the lemon candy to help with not losing your sense of taste, I know some who ate the lemon heads when going thru cancer treatments and swear it helped them keep their sense of taste...... :thumb:

Lemonhead Original Lemon Candies, 5 oz - Walmart.com

• Like 1

slow cooker picnic roast shredded in sauce, can't wait

might have to quit my job so I can eat one right now 

think I'm going to get some potato salad from the deli on the way home...

Screenshot_20221005-074528.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

slow cooker picnic roast shredded in sauce, can't wait

might have to quit my job so I can eat one right now 

think I'm going to get some potato salad from the deli on the way home...

Screenshot_20221005-074528.png

Instead of coleslaw use pickles......... :thumb:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Had a meeting.  One guy brought it in.  6 now have it.  My family is still not sick.  No shots or booster for me, but natural immunity isn't working either.  Out of the 7 total two others are also not vaxxed, but unsure on the rest of the room.  

Not a common cold.  The body aches are brutal.  So is eating dinner alone after being gone 17 or the last 21 days.

My Body aches when I had tbe alpha strain were brutal...get a shot of Toradol, relieved the pain in minutes and I was able to sleep. Didn't need a second dose. 

The food god keeps delivering goodies to the landing of my basement dungeon.

Oatmeal with cream and blueberries

Tuna sandwich and chicken noodle soup

A Costco chicken pot pie, some arbitrary freezer vegetable and some strawberries are coming soon.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

A Costco chicken pot pie, some arbitrary freezer vegetable and some strawberries are coming soon.

do they still make Tucker Swanson Carlson tv dinners? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Get well soon my friend :good:

5 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Instead of coleslaw use pickles......... :thumb:

well, we got the internet back at work at 5:13 and I had to process a shit load of paperwork before leaving so the wife picked up potato salad (meh) and forgot the slaw (😢) but she has a mess on her proverbial plate with her aging mother. but, I did customize my plate for you @Jerry 976 

The pork came out perfect, tender, nice and sticky.

IMG_20221005_190927103.jpg

IMG_20221005_191930214.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, we got the internet back at work at 5:13 and I had to process a shit load of paperwork before leaving so the wife picked up potato salad (meh) and forgot the slaw (😢) but she has a mess on her proverbial plate with her aging mother. but, I did customize my plate for you @Jerry 976 

Nice buns !!! :thumbsup::lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Jerry suggesting sticking a pickle in the buns... 

Edit: tried a couple of responses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I got nothing good :dunno:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Bless you and your wife it's tough dealing with an aging parent or parents........ beer_cheers.gif.b58376f123393dc1572a7565854bc0df.gif

17 hours ago, HSR said:

Edit: tried a couple of responses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I got nothing good :dunno:

Someone on here awhile back said they would tickle your pickle for a nickel........... :lolz:

Homemade Turkey chili & butter bread.............. 

Edited by Jerry 976
  • Like 2