What's for dinner???

Had some authentic Mexican for lunch at a new spot I found.  Killer tacos.  They had birria in their name so I figured I'd better get a couple of those.  Goat, Lamb, Beef Cheek and a fish taco.  I will definitely go back.

VQzjLsO.jpg

Hot as shit here so going to make some refreshing lettuce wraps for dinner.  

• Like 8

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Spiedie chicken breast, grilled zucchini, and some cottage cheese

I forgot about that Spiedie Sauce…I ordered some a few years back..good stuff!👍🏼

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Pizza on the weber kettle. No pics. To hungry.

Pepperoni, fresh mushrooms, green, red and yellow peppers vidalia onion.

Do you use two stacked stones or how do you get the top done without raping the bottom?  I tried for a long time and finally gave up and bought a pizza oven.

Ok, so plans changed.  My 13 year old wanted to cook dinner so he made the lettuce wraps.  The fried rice is funny looking as it was leftover basmati rice instead of short grain rice but he did a great job.

GLiymL9.jpg

He did all the knife work and cutting.  I just cleaned after him and walked him through the steps.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ok, so plans changed.  My 13 year old wanted to cook dinner so he made the lettuce wraps.  The fried rice is funny looking as it was leftover basmati rice instead of short grain rice but he did a great job.

GLiymL9.jpg

He did all the knife work and cutting.  I just cleaned after him and walked him through the steps.

Looks good to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Looks good to me.

It was.  He had the wraps someplace and wanted to know how to make them so I had to write up a quick recipe.  Needs a few adjustments, but for a first shot was great.  He did a stellar job.  The knife skills on the onions/garlic/ginger/chiles/scallions were near restaurant quality.  He just turned 13 2 weeks ago, but it is finally coming together for him.  Fun to watch and help.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It was.  He had the wraps someplace and wanted to know how to make them so I had to write up a quick recipe.  Needs a few adjustments, but for a first shot was great.  He did a stellar job.  The knife skills on the onions/garlic/ginger/chiles/scallions were near restaurant quality.  He just turned 13 2 weeks ago, but it is finally coming together for him.  Fun to watch and help.

Wolfgang puck step aside!!!

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Good job teaching him crucial by life skills, had I not been a good cook my wife would have left me twenty years ago.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I forgot about that Spiedie Sauce…I ordered some a few years back..good stuff!👍🏼

Deeeeelicious! :ylsuper:

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Do you use two stacked stones or how do you get the top done without raping the bottom?  I tried for a long time and finally gave up and bought a pizza oven.

Circle of briquettes around the sides and only a small pile below the middle of the stone. dont run it to hot. I close the top vent and open the bottom about 1/3. 

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Good job teaching him crucial by life skills, had I not been a good cook my wife would have left me twenty years ago.  :lol:

I got more ass in college making dinner than anyone I know buying dinner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Deephaven said:

GLiymL9.jpg

Nice.   my sons cooked since he was about that age and then worked in kitchens throughou HS and college.   it's a great skill to have.   

On 6/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, Angry ginger said:

Nice.   my sons cooked since he was about that age and then worked in kitchens throughou HS and college.   it's a great skill to have.   

Yup that’s awesome :bc: kids need to learn those skills!

Badger ridiculed DH’s kids meal but I think he did a great job 👏 

The little one brought me some rhubarb muffins yesterday morning.  Freshly picked and they were yummy.

hdu3fDU.jpg

He is downstairs making a pie crust at the moment for some home made pop tarts.  Going to town in the kitchen on his summer break.  I love it.

• Like 1

Tonight was 'no grocery shopping and fend for yourself' night. 

Southwest grilled pork chop, white cheddar Mac n cheese, cayenne and (not in pic) leftover grilled veggies and threw it in a bowl, plus beers.  😆

IMG_20220622_203856354.jpg

• Like 2