Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

Just noticed I drank too much tequila and forgot to post.  Saturday had 16 people over for my wives birthday.  She wanted Mexican so I made a few salsas so everyone could do a chile taste test with some queso.  Followed that up with some baja fish and steak tacos.

Salsa bar:

4ua59Cm.jpg

First round of fish tacos...and a big shit pile of homemade tortillas

hLBdFcX.jpg

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

Gianelli hot Italian sausage patties, some Ore-Ida curly fries, and a can of brown sugar and bourbon Bush's baked beans..:hungry:

Wife and I enjoy Quiche. Last cook 2 weeks ago at the cabin on Lost Lake , Sayner Wi. Eggs, cream, milk, cheddar, gouda, parm, potatoes, broccoli, and skinned bratwurst. Used up what I had1310935444_northwoodsquiche.thumb.jpg.cc7c22249d0838b762230877a5ac7f6c.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Meat man does on the weekend. The two top Super clubs in Wisconsin insist on this brand of beef, US 212. I left part of the prime whole.

May be an image of food

May be an image of food and indoorMay be an image of food

I love prime, and ribeye. I just gotta have it cooked more

• Like 1

10 hours ago, racerdave said:

Don't ruin it.  That looks great.  Just eat with candlelight and you will be shocked how much better it tastes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, racerdave said:

If you going to oven bake a prime rib the oven temp should be no more 275 temp that way you get rare look from edge to edge cook to 120 deg no more let the roast rest for 15-20 min. Now for people who like it more done put a hot pan on the stove not boiling of a low salt au jus and dip the cut prime rib steak to bring up the temp in the steak. Dave one of the best ways I have had it is called California prime. Season the cut steak on both sides and hit on a very hot grill. California prime was a big deal in Northern Wisconsin at one time. Dave remember when we were kids all the supper clubs would serve spiced apple rings with your steak.   

spiced-apple-rings-square2.jpg

I like 225f, pull at 105-115f and rest for an hour.  15min isn't long enough.  Then of course a really quick sear on all sides in an Uber hot pan to caramelize the outside.  Has to be hot enough so that the heat doesn't penetrate and ruin all the rare meat in the middle.  

The hotter you cook it the more the carryover cooking you will have.

Edited by Deephaven
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I like 225f, pull at 105-115f and rest for an hour.  15min isn't long enough.  Then of course a really quick sear on all sides in an Uber hot pan to caramelize the outside.  Has to be hot enough so that the heat doesn't penetrate and ruin all the rare meat in the middle.  

The hotter you cook it the more the carryover cooking you will have.

When cooking anything the key is as long as your happy I'm happy for you. Myself i'm not a fan of lukewarm to colder meat.   

• Platinum Contributing Member

BBQ chops and some zucchini, hopefully, might have some weather rolling in, if not, left over pizza roll!

• Like 2