What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Fried clam roll, Cole slaw and crispy fries.

2 - 20 oz. Sam Summers

That sound way better than my fish stick tacos..:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ckf said:

Once you get your sauce and other ingredients figured out you won't want to get take out pizza 🍕

I have to admit, it was pretty cool and I could see having folks over for pizzas and drinks!!  You're bang on with the comment about figuring out a sauce - that was clearly something I was lacking in flavor.  I need to look around for something better, or see what's out there as best rated homemade sauce recipes.  The chicken-bacon-ranch pizza was pretty good but I think it'd be better with alfredo sauce in the mix (saw that on various comments for the recipe).  All I can say is, if anyone does homemade pizzas and has a smoker .. this attachment is awesome!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I have to admit, it was pretty cool and I could see having folks over for pizzas and drinks!!  You're bang on with the comment about figuring out a sauce - that was clearly something I was lacking in flavor.  I need to look around for something better, or see what's out there as best rated homemade sauce recipes.  The chicken-bacon-ranch pizza was pretty good but I think it'd be better with alfredo sauce in the mix (saw that on various comments for the recipe).  All I can say is, if anyone does homemade pizzas and has a smoker .. this attachment is awesome!

I buy this sauce called Mid's pizza sauce, best sauce I have ever had, absolutely delicious

Screenshot_20210410-083050.png

• Like 2

@Rigid1 - that must be a regional type of sauce, I'm guessing?  It doesn't look familiar, but I'll be sure to look closer the next time I'm at the grocery store (or I'll have to look it up online).  Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@Rigid1 - that must be a regional type of sauce, I'm guessing?  It doesn't look familiar, but I'll be sure to look closer the next time I'm at the grocery store (or I'll have to look it up online).  Thanks!

Everyone has their acquired taste for sauce. For me I found a sauce that best replicates my favorite pizza growing up, and most of my life. This is our favorite that we pick up at our local IGA.

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B00F9TCLAY&Format=ir?t=nekwx-20&language=en_US&l=li2&o=1&a

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 5:27 PM, Bontz said:

Tried out the new GMG pizza oven attachment for the smoker tonight. I cheated & used premade crusts from our butcher shop but even so ... nice way to have a beer & try something new. 

3C234134-3E4C-467A-B812-67A14BECAC8B.jpeg

DF9D6535-203A-4E53-87B8-5E7FA2C69069.jpeg

Worth the money?  We've been doing a lot of pizzas in the oven, like hand made think crust as close to woodfire as we can make it pizza, no the Red Barron type stuff.

Fingered since I am using the new GMG, maybe should look into that thing.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Worth the money?  We've been doing a lot of pizzas in the oven, like hand made think crust as close to woodfire as we can make it pizza, no the Red Barron type stuff.

Fingered since I am using the new GMG, maybe should look into that thing.

My opinion is that it's worth it (I bought the combo with the oven attachment and the digital temp gun to check on the stone temps).  Even with the lackluster sauce we used yesterday, the pizzas were still good and they cooked awesome ... and fast.  If you don't have the patience to get the grill going and up to the initial 150 temp, and then eventually up to 300 or so to get the stone up to temp ... I wouldn't recommend it.  But I enjoyed it and we'll definitely continue to use it.

After digging rocks all day yesterday.....we went to dinner with friends.  Half dozen fresh oysters, a couple martinis and a honkin' cut of prime rib au jus.

*burp*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

After digging rocks all day yesterday.....we went to dinner with friends.  Half dozen fresh oysters, a couple martinis and a honkin' cut of prime rib au jus.

*burp*

And a nappy in the recliner...lol

last evening went to a friends.  steak and chicken cooked on an open fire followed with some ax throwing on their new backyard target.  they are also putting up an archery range.  now that it's warming these outside gatherings are good,  i skipped them all winter as sitting outside freeing my ass off is not my idea of a good time.  Whole groups vaccinated now so hopefully the charade stops.  

• Like 2

Daughters arriving in a few minutes.  Steak tips, mashed potatoes and green beans.   

She's messing up my timing all foods ready and shes not here even though she called from lowell.   Kind of amazed how good she does with the 10 hour drives back and forth to OH 

• Like 2

Mill St Market (local meat place) steak tips fri and tonight. Swear they put crack cocaine in’m. I’m an addict and so is everyone I pimped them on. Lol 😂 

• Like 2