What's for dinner???

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do you do the fries in oil, or air fryer? We've had good luck with the air fryer.

I've tried in the air a few times...takes to long for everything...I use my air fryer only when I'm camping now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

lastnight was bone in rib eye. Baked tator and asparugus

Tonight shrimp and scollop florentine over penne.

Damn both sounds delicious!!!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

might throw a bud in the "smoker":bong:

Enjoy  :bc:    

When do you typically get back to work?   My neighbor usually gets back to work early to mid April in MA.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Filets on the grill, scalloped potatoes, Brussels sprouts tonight.

I've got a 2-3 lb hunk of filet in the fridge that I need to slice in to steaks. Do you wrap them in bacon to help add fat?

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've got a 2-3 lb hunk of filet in the fridge that I need to slice in to steaks. Do you wrap them in bacon to help add fat?

I tried the bacon trick on the grill and the bacon cooks to fast. I rub olive oil on them and add a rub and that seems to sear them to keep the juices in. I sear both sides quick on high heat then turn the heat to low as possible and let them cook till they read medium rare on the instant read thermometer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Enjoy  :bc:    

When do you typically get back to work?   My neighbor usually gets back to work early to mid April in MA.

Be my last bud in the smoker probably go back end of March to finish topping off tanks then plant start up mid April weather permitting 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe change of plans.......take out Chinese is being considered.

Half hour drive for us if we want Chinese :(    With 4-5 active restaurants in this small town I'm surprised no one has tried Chinese. Most seem to try an American style menu and they come and go..