What's for dinner???

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I would have zero idea what to use an instant pot for.  Could say the same about a crock pot.  Lazy short cuts that make food worse I don't need.

We were going to try chicken and wild rice soup from scratch in it, but that mess is now in the crock pot, probably for overnight.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Corn beef boiled dinner. Last one from the freezer before next month and load up on St. Patrick’s day sale prices.

Yep, hit em the week after and stuff 4 of them in the freezer. I love the shit.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Yep, hit em the week after and stuff 4 of them in the freezer. I love the shit.

Yes sir. I do the same with thanksgiving turkeys and Easter hams. Load up and always have some comfort food on tap! Steak tips were on sale the other week, marinated for 5.99/lb, I picked up (10) 3lb packages. I don’t know how anyone gets by without a deep freezer.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Yes sir. I do the same with thanksgiving turkeys and Easter hams. Load up and always have some comfort food on tap! Steak tips were on sale the other week, marinated for 5.99/lb, I picked up (10) 3lb packages. I don’t know how anyone gets by without a deep freezer.

I still have a Turkey in freezer from the weekend after thanksgiving sale.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 2:21 PM, Big Crappie said:

That looks great!

What did you end up with for sauce?

I was making my own and it is really good but we were out of ingredients one day at the cabin but had some sauce in a jar so I doctored that up and it turned out so good that it's been our go to for the last 3 pizza's.

After trying about a dozen different store bought sauces, this is our favorite.  Our local IGA is the only store that I have seen it in.

81WZE1XacYL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That would work for me, but I don't know if I would want a 12 pack before trying it first. Well the 11 other cans could be used for target practice 🎯 if you didn't like it. :lol:

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

That would work for me, but I don't know if I would want a 12 pack before trying it first. Well the 11 other cans could be used for target practice 🎯 if you didn't like it. :lol:

........or hand it out to family and friends as Christmas gifts. :lmao:

• Haha 1