Opening day countdown

ckf

23 hours ago, WildMann said:

Bring it on. With all the burning going on, I think we are going to get 30' snow this year.  Lots of smoke and ash for the water to stick to. 

114 :bc:

I've been laughing at the Farmer's Almanac and other forecast posts I've been seeing with the "Above Average Snow" and "Below Average Temps" on social media.  Its like, throw a dart at the map and spin the wheel ... there's the forecast!! LOL

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I've been laughing at the Farmer's Almanac and other forecast posts I've been seeing with the "Above Average Snow" and "Below Average Temps" on social media.  Its like, throw a dart at the map and spin the wheel ... there's the forecast!! LOL

I prefer,  Look out the window

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Funny thing is a lot of people believe those bogus weather headlines every year. The long range forecast for up to a month ahead had come a long way, but even that isn't always on track.

4 hours ago, racerdave said:

I prefer,  Look out the window

Yup.... the weather gurus missed the recent tropical storm that hit New England. We were going to be on the northern end and we're forecast to get 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of rain....we didn't get a drop, lol

I find the weather forecasts are so out to lunch as of late.  I mean back in the day, before internet and all these weather models, the forecasters were much more reliable.  Or at least it seemed that way.  Maybe it's just me. 

• Like 1