Preppers. How long would they last in a meltdown of society?

24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’d give em 30 days. 

I'm gonna do some low-level prepping. Just wanna get an emergency wood-stove set up, and stock some canned food. 

Don't know how long people could last. Could only be a few days or weeks or months.

What about people that need meds or dentist or doctors, or get injured?

That could be a real problem. 

I still say ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN IN AMERICA, and with Biden it probably will. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Completely depends on the "apocalypse" and upheaval.   If it was very bad the cities would be like a war zone.  The food and water would be an issue but nothing like people killing each other for their stuff. 

17 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

Longer than anyone from a big city that’s for sure.  

Problem is, gang members with AKs, will be driving into the country-side looking for food, and money.

There was a gang of black militants with weapons that got arrested in MAss. a few weeks ago!!!

I don't know if the military/police could control the country. 

When the Tsarnehav brothers bombed, half the cops in Eastern Mass. responded. The brothers had only one stolen pistol, and it took the cops days to get them. 

Can you imagine hundreds if not thousands of people on a rampage with all the weapons out there!!! Holy shit!! 

Honestly with what we seen during lockdowns I don't think its crazy for anyone to have a few months food and water.   Imagine what would go on if we seen another virus with a mortality rate like Ebola 50%+ or SARS 10-30% plus and of everyone not just those with pre-existing conditions.  Nobody would go to work. 

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't know if the military/police could control the country. 

When the Tsarnehav brothers bombed, half the cops in Eastern Mass. responded. The brothers had only one stolen pistol, and it took the cops days to get them. 

Can you imagine hundreds if not thousands of people on a rampage with all the weapons out there!!! Holy shit!! 

That's cause the east coast is full of pussy's.  :lol:

depends.   biggest danger is getting over run which is where i think a good prepper needs to have a big family or involve others for the protection of the property.   1 guy with a dozen weapons and a year worth of food for his family of 4 in a suburban area is getting over run.    Fenced in rural compound with block walls,  firing positions and underground stores should be able to at least have a fighting chance.  Have to hope the city and suburban folk off each other to keep the numbers down.  

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

depends.   biggest danger is getting over run which is where i think a good prepper needs to have a big family or involve others for the protection of the property.   1 guy with a dozen weapons and a year worth of food for his family of 4 in a suburban area is getting over run.    Fenced in rural compound with block walls,  firing positions and underground stores should be able to at least have a fighting chance.  Have to hope the city and suburban folk off each other to keep the numbers down.  

Yes, in a true apocalyptic situation, it would be nightmarish. 

You would need a fort literally, and PEOPLE IN YOUR COMPOUND WITH YOU!! 

One person could not do it!

I tried to recruit my helper to come here and shoot if necessary. I was talking against the blacks, and his kid's best friend is black, and he must have told his wife, 'cause he got pissed-off at me. Fukkin goof. Fukkin bastards. 

It really depends on the discretion when preparing.  If they ran their mouths and or if their kids know about it (mouth runners), one week. It also depends on where they are prepping.  In town….one week.  Out of town….it depends on how prepared they are but, could be the duration.  

One thing is for sure, big city people will be eating each other in two weeks once their food supply chain is disrupted.  And it won’t take full disruption to cause this either.  Just one of their access points being blocked will cause mass hysteria.  Idiots.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It really depends on the discretion when preparing.  If they ran their mouths and or if their kids know about it (mouth runners), one week. It also depends on where they are prepping.  In town….one week.  Out of town….it depends on how prepared they are but, could be the duration.  

One thing is for sure, big city people will be eating each other in two weeks once their food supply chain is disrupted.  And it won’t take full disruption to cause this either.  Just one of their access points being blocked will cause mass hysteria.  Idiots.

i want to go in the first wave.  Always said i felt real good in the event of a nuclear war with a naval shipyard 10 miles north,   AFB 10 miles north west and the nuclear power plant 2 miles south.   First wave and we were vaporized for sure.  

51 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i want to go in the first wave.  Always said i felt real good in the event of a nuclear war with a naval shipyard 10 miles north,   AFB 10 miles north west and the nuclear power plant 2 miles south.   First wave and we were vaporized for sure.  

Well, I get that reasoning for sure.  But, are we talking about a “meltdown of society” or nuclear war?  A society meltdown will leave many millions to scoop up the asset remains of the others.  Large shit hole cities will become war zones.  If you are outside of that, local militias will be established.  They will be brutal…and need to be.

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Zambroski You're welcome to drive down the road 20 minutes to Sconnie.....and join in the Cheesehead Militia..... We have beer......

I’m gonna work in a small group for a while. Then, we’ll need to talk beer and cheese curd remains and quantities.  Can you keep a Culver’s open in your area?

Just now, Kivalo said:

If they can band together as a group with a defendable compound they have a chance at longevity. Otherwise they have merely stockpiled supplies for others. 

This is group suicide.  Defenses need replenishing. Once word gets out there’s something to take, supplies will get cut off. Now, a group of defendable compounds…that is a better plan.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is group suicide.  Defenses need replenishing. Once word gets out there’s something to take, supplies will get cut off. Now, a group of defendable compounds…that is a better plan.

Exactly, that's what I referring too.  :bc:

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, and smartphones. Instant suicide for anyone under 30. Cut off major electrical grids, and instant panic. 

If I were going to war with the un-united states of merka, the first thing I would do is go after the internet, then the grids and water.   But I'm sure China and Russia already know this, as well as the addresses of the gun nuts on this website.  

:lol2:

• Haha 1

Have roughly 3 months of stable food supply.

Underground well.

Solar power, and genny.

800 gallons of propane.

30 acres surrounding the place.

Guns and the most expensive ammo I ever bought.

A plan.