BRP does some weird shit

It's definitely thinking out of the box and I can see the attraction to having a pontoon with the ability to reconfigure the layout for different uses but the jet ski steering and throttle is probably the most dumb idea ever on a boat where the primary use is going to be cruising around the lake.  I did not see a weight listed but they look really light and would get hammered on the weekends, especially on the river.

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Weird but, honestly….it’s kinda cool too.  I see a lot of small lakes where that would be useful to have.

Guy at the marina has one of these jet pontoons, thing was fucking cool as hell.  The one in the link could fit right on the back of my boat which would be fuckin awesome for zipping around down  :lol: 

Turbojet | Turbojet Tenders for Yachts | Williams Jet Tenders - Williams Jet Tenders

On 8/20/2021 at 9:16 PM, Ez ryder said:

They had a few of them parked at maynerds in excelsior like 2 weeks ago during lunch hr  . Not sure how they would do in  the weekend big water.  

Tonka would be the place to test them on the weekend.  If they can deal with the wave traffic here they will work nearly anywhere in the Midwest.

I mean you can get them 21ft long and 230hp, buddy at work was all about it until he seen the handle bars. 
Granted, it has electronic cruse. but that is just stupid to put set up the controls that way. 

I hope the aftermarket will fix it. 

On 8/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, DriftBusta said:

Guy at the marina has one of these jet pontoons, thing was fucking cool as hell.  The one in the link could fit right on the back of my boat which would be fuckin awesome for zipping around down  :lol: 

Turbojet | Turbojet Tenders for Yachts | Williams Jet Tenders - Williams Jet Tenders

It has a steering wheel.  Smart

2 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

I mean you can get them 21ft long and 230hp, buddy at work was all about it until he seen the handle bars. 
Granted, it has electronic cruse. but that is just stupid to put set up the controls that way. 

I hope the aftermarket will fix it. 

It's harder to hold a beer while driving with handlebars and a thumb flipper, which they may have taken into consideration.

Drunks love pontoon boats.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

It ought to be easy to re-route the throttle to a footpedal.  Driving the Ranger with a hot foot is great in particular on lakes with lots of boat traffic.

I miss the hot foot . Had one yrs back on a checkmate the chrome and black barefoot look lol 

Used to be. Not anymore. Twin 300’s are common around these parts. Seen 2 with twin 400’s and 1 with twin 450’s. Crazy.

They take decent size waves now. Cruise thru bigger part of  our lake without much of an issue

12 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Pontoons are the trailer park of boating world 

I used to think this when our primary boating was on the river but now that we spend most of our time on smaller lakes pontoons make a ton of sense when the boating is mostly slow speed cruising with lots of people on board.  Heavy high powered boats look pretty dumb when it's two seconds on plane at full throttle to the next no wake zone or just doing circles on a small lake.

We inherited a barely used 03' Bennington that came with the property and were going to immediately sell it for something else but decided to use it for awhile and now it makes zero sense to replace it specifically with the current market for boats being insane.