The days are getting shorter....

ckf

I was just looking at the sunrise and sunset charts and noticed that we have already lost almost 2 hours of daylight since the summer solstice. The sun doesn't rise until 6am and is setting at quarter of 8. 

It won't be long now....

Just now, steve from amherst said:

yep , not looking forward to shorter days but definatly am cooler ones.

Agreed :bc:

Fall is my favorite time of year in New England. Crisp mornings and warm afternoons with some of mother nature's beautiful color to boot :thumbsup:

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
51 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was just looking at the sunrise and sunset charts and noticed that we have already lost almost 2 hours of daylight since the summer solstice. The sun doesn't rise until 6am and is setting at quarter of 8. 

It won't be long now....

:bc:   Like summer but with fall comes hunting, leaf rides on the UTV's, prepping sleds and trails and then if the snow God's are generous winter land delight follows.

Some pretty cool sunrises this time of year with the fog coming off the river valley.   Took this on my way to work this morning.

20210819_062054.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

:bc:   Like summer but with fall comes hunting, leaf rides on the UTV's, prepping sleds and trails and then if the snow God's are generous winter land delight follows.

Some pretty cool sunrises this time of year with the fog coming off the river valley.   Took this on my way to work this morning.

20210819_062054.jpg

Cool pic. I have a photo in mind that I am hoping to get this fall on a cool foggy morning at a lake in Northern NH. It is a small rustic cabin all by itself and the hillside behind it should be covered in reds and oranges. Timing is everything though. Maybe this year is the one. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Cool pic. I have a photo in mind that I am hoping to get this fall on a cool foggy morning at a lake in Northern NH. It is a small rustic cabin all by itself and the hillside behind it should be covered in reds and oranges. Timing is everything though. Maybe this year is the one. 

That should be very cool.

There were some amazing shots this morning I just couldn't find the right place to pull off the road and get them and you really only have a few minutes of before the whole sun gets above the horizon.   

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That should be very cool.

There were some amazing shots this morning I just couldn't find the right place to pull off the road and get them and you really only have a few minutes of before the whole sun gets above the horizon.   

Had the same thing happen to me last night. By the time I got the charged battery & sd card in the drone and my phone on the remote, I missed a beautiful sunset shot.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Agreed :bc:

Fall is my favorite time of year in New England. Crisp mornings and warm afternoons with some of mother nature's beautiful color to boot :thumbsup:

fuck November.  that and april suck balls.    trying to put a trip together to WV in for April to make it tolerable.   end of April they are out of mud season.  

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

fuck November.  that and april suck balls.    trying to put a trip together to WV in for April to make it tolerable.   end of April they are out of mud season.  

I don't mind November as much as mud season. North of the notches we get the excitement for the first snow ❄️ of the season. On the coast you just get those cold rainy days. When we stayed on Hampton Beach during the winter when I was in 5th grade I walked the beach during the week and we went home on the weekends and I rode my 1970 Olympic. Fun times :lol:

I love fall.  It’s such an exciting time leasing up to the beat season.  I think fall is most people’s favorite for many reason.  A nice cool off, leaves, hunting, hockey, football, etc…plus, the smell of bonfires back in the air again.  I mean….so good!

My return to MN has been met with miserably hot fucking weather.  WTF?  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I love fall.  It’s such an exciting time leasing up to the beat season.  I think fall is most people’s favorite for many reason.  A nice cool off, leaves, hunting, hockey, football, etc…plus, the smell of bonfires back in the air again.  I mean….so good!

My return to MN has been met with miserably hot fucking weather.  WTF?  

It's summer in MN!  And dry as fuck this year - I hate it..... Fall, Winter, Spring, all in.  Summer can shove it.  At least most of Sconnie has been getting some nice storms every week or so.

23 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

It's summer in MN!  And dry as fuck this year - I hate it..... Fall, Winter, Spring, all in.  Summer can shove it.  At least most of Sconnie has been getting some nice storms every week or so.

I think the last time I remember it being this hot for so long up north was the summer of 2012.  Shit!  I’m in a house built in 1930…but down by the e lake where it’s supposed to be cooler!  WTF!  Had to put in a window unit for the first time since I shared a small place with my soon to be wife…25 years ago!  Wtf!  #Hotlivesmatter

• Haha 1