Say Goodbye To Cashiers: Walmart Store Switches To Self-Checkout Only

7 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The wait to be checked out, the last Walmart I was in, had a 1 hour wait to be checked out. That was up in Gaylord, on a Saturday. Zero self checkouts were open because they didn’t even have anyone to man those. 

The easiest thing for you to do is order online and pick it up in West Branch, that's what we usually do unless we take 33 up, same thing for Home Depot.  We pass by both in Bay City, to crowded. 

7 minutes ago, tnts4me said:

The easiest thing for you to do is order online and pick it up in West Branch, that's what we usually do unless we take 33 up, same thing for Home Depot.  We pass by both in Bay City, to crowded. 

When we were up there a few weekends ago I didn’t pack anything but shorts and t shirts and was freezing my ass off. Kohl’s to the rescue. Otherwise we bring everything we will need with us. 

7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

At $16/hr the local McDonald’s can’t find workers.  GOP’ers would love to see $2/hr wages. It’s weird. 

They make more sitting home collecting govenment handouts .

I have not been able to get a hot lunch in uptown for weeks restaurants every place you look most have a poster in the door closed for lunch because of staffing issues . This is 100% the fault of the government handouts .

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

When we were up there a few weekends ago I didn’t pack anything but shorts and t shirts and was freezing my ass off. Kohl’s to the rescue. Otherwise we bring everything we will need with us. 

Surprised you don't have a closet or dresser set up so that you can keep clothing for different weather conditions when up there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tnts4me said:

Surprised you don't have a closet or dresser set up so that you can keep clothing for different weather conditions when up there.

Not enough room for that. Bruce and Marcia have it pretty well full of there stuff. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 8/18/2021 at 12:32 PM, Angry ginger said:

well with it so hard to get employees is this any surprise.  1 person can oversee 10 self serve registers.  

Honestly self check out is above some people's capability.  

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

At $16/hr the local McDonald’s can’t find workers.  GOP’ers would love to see $2/hr wages. It’s weird. 

You aren't far off....I pay my carpenters $40.00 per hour. Literally I would pay them $2/hr if I could or 60.00 if I had to....

The market determines the wage not a fucktard politician in D.C

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

You aren't far off....I pay my carpenters $40.00 per hour. Literally I would pay them $2/hr if I could or 60.00 if I had to....

The market determines the wage not a fucktard politician in D.C

The "market" for wages has been skewed in the favor of employers for 4 decades 

Now that the tables have just begun to turn, you're all howling like banshees. 

You know, it's pretty amazing how much capitalist society relies on the lowest paid workers to keep things running. 

I get a lot of pleasure in watching some folks get big mad over Judy not wanting to wait on assholes all day for $10/hr. 

7 hours ago, motonoggin said:

You know, it's pretty amazing how much capitalist society relies on the lowest paid workers to keep things running. 

I get a lot of pleasure in watching some folks get big mad over Judy not wanting to wait on assholes all day for $10/hr. 

I get pleasure knowing you will never be at the big boys table..your self limiting beliefs will keep you crying with the babies...

I don't know how many waitstaff you know, but my 18yr old niece makes about $20.00 with tips. It's good money for a 4-5 hour shift

Edited by SkisNH

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

I get pleasure knowing you will never be at the big boys table..your self limiting beliefs will keep you crying with the babies...

I don't know how many waitstaff you know, but my 18yr old niece makes about $20.00 with tips. It's good money for a 4-5 hour shift

Lmao. You clearly know zero about me and what I do, but you're desperate to build up a strawman you can feel tough beating up. 

11 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The "market" for wages has been skewed in the favor of employers for 4 decades 

Now that the tables have just begun to turn, you're all howling like banshees. 

So when you had your company did you pay relative to the market or did you pay much more since it has been manipulated downward for "4 decades."

I mean we all know you used capitalism as a means to its own end but explain how you paid to the class. 

49 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So when you had your company did you pay relative to the market or did you pay much more since it has been manipulated downward for "4 decades."

I mean we all know you used capitalism as a means to its own end but explain how you paid to the class. 

I paid my one employee $300/day

And you know what happened to average worker wages? Nothing. One business paying a little better isn't going to change shit.

Systemic change is what will actually drive wages up across the economy so don't even start with the hyper individualist logical fallacy we can all see coming.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I paid my one employee $300/day

And you know what happened to average worker wages? Nothing. One business paying a little better isn't going to change shit.

Systemic change is what will actually drive wages up across the economy so don't even start with the hyper individualist logical fallacy we can all see coming.

:lmao: Does systemic change include giving the family farm and your boat to the masses?

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SkisNH said:

any waitperson making less than 20 an hour either sucks or chose the wrong place.   be semi professional and you should be making 50-60k a year working under 40 hours.  

25 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

That would be an individual act, not a systemic one. 

So only if the govt forces misery on everyone,  you will support your own belief system..

Makes perfect sense 🙄

26 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

So only if the govt forces misery on everyone,  you will support your own belief system..

Makes perfect sense 🙄

Government isn't the only entity capable of creating systemic change, but capitalism and government have conspired to create an oligarchy that chops down any other entity that would threaten their power. 

You shoulda thought of that before allowing fascist oligarchs to take over the country, I guess.

14 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Not just the lowest paid. It’s the zero benifit part timers they live off relying on the taxpayer to supplement their bottom line.

it’s despicable 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Government isn't the only entity capable of creating systemic change, but capitalism and government have conspired to create an oligarchy that chops down any other entity that would threaten their power. 

You shoulda thought of that before allowing fascist oligarchs to take over the country, I guess.

The fascist oligarchs are lefties...look no further than facebook, Twitter and the mainstream media. They are all working with big Gov't. 

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The fascist oligarchs are lefties...look no further than facebook, Twitter and the mainstream media. They are all working with big Gov't. 

They're not leftists, they're just capitalists. Fascism is merely capitalism in decay. 

There really is no difference between the two parties of oligarchs besides which benefactors they serve. 

The fact that you buy into this "two sides" premise is a clear indication that you've been propagandized to the hilt. 

13 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Facebook and Twitter is mainly teenage girls. And you call censorship on that app fascism? Hahahaha. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Facebook and Twitter is mainly teenage girls. And you call censorship on that app fascism? Hahahaha. 

Its a proven fact that Facebook coordinated with the federal government In banning speech on many fronts from Hunter Biden's Laptop, to Covid19. That is a textbook definition of Oligarchy. While I don't have a fakebook account, it isnt just teenage girls, I would imagine the mean user is 40 something. 

• Like 2