Say Goodbye To Cashiers: Walmart Store Switches To Self-Checkout Only

• Platinum Contributing Member

Whether you’re shopping at the grocery store or picking up McDonald’s on the way home, you can choose to see a cashier or simply go through the self-checkout. Walmart, however, may be moving toward a future where that choice is made for you. Starting in Fayetteville, Arkansas, the company is experimenting with a self-checkout-only model. If it goes well, more locations may make the switch.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

At $16/hr the local McDonald’s can’t find workers.  GOP’ers would love to see $2/hr wages. It’s weird. 

Because they're all on government handouts.  There doesn't need to be any minimum wage

When Human Resources become human liabilities.

“Raise wages!!!!  I want full benefits!  My family needs two new cars every other year!!!

Thats ok, I’m sure they’ll all end up in a middle management job in which they feel they are both qualified and deserving.

FWIW, I’ve been using the self checkout at every organization that offers it.  I love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’d rather get in and get out of the local Walmart. The less I have to deal with a Walmart worker the better off we are. 

Do they still have old people greeting you at the door?   Stop that shit too!!! 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

“Raise wages!!!!  I want full benefits!  My family needs two new cars every other year!!!

Thats ok, I’m sure they’ll all end up in a middle management job in which they feel they are both qualified and deserving.

FWIW, I’ve been using the self checkout at every organization that offers it.  I love it.

That or order online and pick it up. 

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

why the hate for walmart workers they are just regular people.  

2 out of 10 are. I’m actually on their side. Over 25% of Americans have a sub 85 IQ. Average is 99-100. I think they deserve $15/hr and full health benefits even though their ability to produce may not be worthy of that. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

2 out of 10 are. I’m actually on their side. Over 25% of Americans have a sub 85 IQ. Average is 99-100. I think they deserve $15/hr and full health benefits even though their ability to produce may not be worthy of that. 

Some get $15/hr. and benefits BUT you have to pay some towards benefits.

Wife works at Walmart, she likes working there but they are very short staffed now like many places.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Some get $15/hr. and benefits BUT you have to pay some towards benefits.

Wife works at Walmart, she likes working there but they are very short staffed now like many places.

Not all Walmart’s are the same. The store here is staffed with low grade employees. A store 20 miles away is great. Very high wages in this area push the less desirable workers into lower paying jobs such as retail. That’s my theory. 

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sorry, I've yet to see a paycheck from Walmart for doing my own checking out/bagging, until then they can do it.  The best thing Walmart and other stores have done is online ordering.  Quick and simple.  I order almost everything on line.