Trump's actions possibly 'undermined' his deal with Taliban, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper says

Trump's actions possibly 'undermined' his deal with Taliban, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper says
Source: CNN

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that he was concerned that then-President Donald Trump "undermined" the US' 2020 agreement with the Taliban by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the conditions of the deal. 

The Trump administration's "Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan" outlined a series of commitments from the US and the Taliban related to troop levels, counterterrorism and intra-Afghan dialogue aimed at bringing about "a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire." 

But, Esper told CNN's Christiane Amanpour, "my concern was that President Trump, by continuing to want to withdraw American forces out of Afghanistan, undermined the agreement, which is why in the fall when he was calling for a return of US forces by Christmas, I objected and formally wrote a letter to him, a memo based on recommendations from the military chain of command and my senior civilian leadership that we not go further -- that we not reduce below 4,500 troops unless and until conditions were met by the Taliban." 

"Otherwise," Esper continued, "we would see a number of things play out, which are unfolding right now in many ways."

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trumps-actions-possibly-undermined-his-deal-with-taliban-former-defense-secretary-mark-esper-says/ar-AANqOY6?li=BBnb7Kz 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that he was concerned that then-President Donald Trump "undermined" the US' 2020 agreement with the Taliban by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the conditions of the deal. 

The Trump administration's "Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan" outlined a series of commitments from the US and the Taliban related to troop levels, counterterrorism and intra-Afghan dialogue aimed at bringing about "a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire." 

But, Esper told CNN's Christiane Amanpour, "my concern was that President Trump, by continuing to want to withdraw American forces out of Afghanistan, undermined the agreement, which is why in the fall when he was calling for a return of US forces by Christmas, I objected and formally wrote a letter to him, a memo based on recommendations from the military chain of command and my senior civilian leadership that we not go further -- that we not reduce below 4,500 troops unless and until conditions were met by the Taliban." 

"Otherwise," Esper continued, "we would see a number of things play out, which are unfolding right now in many ways."

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trumps-actions-possibly-undermined-his-deal-with-taliban-former-defense-secretary-mark-esper-says/ar-AANqOY6?li=BBnb7Kz 

Endless running cover.  Do your shoulders ever get sore from hauling all that water? 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Jesus fucking christ, you are one of the most pathetic individuals that i have ever come across.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who cares? America is finally out of the rat hole. 

We are out ? 

Thought he sent in more than he pulled out the other day ?

A former defense guy flapping lips to CNN??  Talk about a credible source!  Did this "defense" person resemble one of these credible people?  Slurp it up cuck boy 😅

69063849_2787238801304115_7266284031388418048_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Jesus fucking christ, you are one of the most pathetic individuals that i have ever come across.

Go back to HCS with the rest of your pussy friends.

Fuckin Mods on a dumbass quasi sled site. How sad.

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Swing and miss.....MC....

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

i cant, i'm banned unlike you. so i guess that makes you more of an HCS guy than me

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You say you are here for fun and get others triggered.

I’d like to present above quote as evidence that , you lie about this.

Fucking 🤡clown 🤡

58 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

i cant, i'm banned unlike you. so i guess that makes you more of an HCS guy than me

He’s more HCS than me too.

Wsit, Actually, he is an HCS guy, we are not.

What a clown 🤡 

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, CFM said:

He’s more HCS than me too.

Wsit, Actually, he is an HCS guy, we are not.

What a clown 🤡 

where did you find your HCS banned rating from you sig? i'd like to know where i sit in that list.

5 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

where did you find your HCS banned rating from you sig? i'd like to know where i sit in that list.

I was there live that famous night it all went down. So I knew my #.