Greenwood Lake Fire, Northern Minnesota

Was talking with a bud yesterday.  He is a bit upset.  His old trailer got a bad infestation of mice like real bad so he scraped it bought a brand new one 5 weeks ago now it went up in flames in the fire and to make it worse he hauled his trailer with his sleds and atv home to get them ready for hay days  just before the fire started and they blocked the roads .  

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Was talking with a bud yesterday.  He is a bit upset.  His old trailer got a bad infestation of mice like real bad so he scraped it bought a brand new one 5 weeks ago now it went up in flames in the fire and to make it worse he hauled his trailer with his sleds and atv home to get them ready for hay days  just before the fire started and they blocked the roads .  

That's fucking heartbreaking.

My friend has a cabin at McDougal Lake and it's still standing.  Same thing though ice castle and ATVs and boats are all stuck in place.

I was just looking at that map @Fireball 440 Looks like its not quite to the Knotted Pine but knocking on the door!  I read they are warning everyone all the way up through the Gunflint trail to be prepared to evacuate..... Hopefully this thing doesn't get as big as the Pegami fire of 2011 that burned 92,000+ acres!

23 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Except it has grown.

With all the dead balsam and spruce trees up there this fire will continue to spread, yes get what you can out if your place before the wind shifts towards the lake.