What was the last sled you blew the motor up on?

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Not sure how many Polaris and Ski Doo 800/850 owners we have on here but... :roflcrying:

Not quite the feedback you were fishing for, I guess?  :lol2:

I'll give you the pity bump you're looking for .. my buddy's 2018 XCR 800 blew on him.  Granted, it was a lemon / hack job by Mr. Bikeman himself, Erich.  My buddy was getting "a deal" from Erich on the work ... however, I think my buddy would argue that looking back on the experience.

2008 700 Dragon.  Had 9600 miles on at the end if the 2nd season.  Blow up on the lake last ride of the year when the pin came out of the ring groove and the ring turned and hooked a port.

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Not quite the feedback you were fishing for, I guess?  :lol2:

I'll give you the pity bump you're looking for .. my buddy's 2018 XCR 800 blew on him.  Granted, it was a lemon / hack job by Mr. Bikeman himself, Erich.  My buddy was getting "a deal" from Erich on the work ... however, I think my buddy would argue that looking back on the experience.

Who the hell would let that thief touch their sled?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tommcat said:

Who the hell would let that thief touch their sled?

Trust me ... I tried telling my buddy it was a BAD IDEA.  The price was definitely right, when the deal was struck and the work was done.  But when the sled blew up, that expense more than offset the "deal".  

My 01 xc700,w/heads pipe reeds,intake. I blew it up a few times playing with jetting/clutching. When I was done that fucker was quick/fast for what it was. 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Isn't he still slinging product?

Pretty sure he's still running that SSI outfit?  He and Ray Schoenfelder (Black Diamond Extreme) were partnered up in Cannon Falls (MN) the last I knew ... but maybe that's come to an end.

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Pretty sure he's still running that SSI outfit?  He and Ray Schoenfelder (Black Diamond Extreme) were partnered up in Cannon Falls (MN) the last I knew ... but maybe that's come to an end.

I just remember in the Bikeman hayday, they had a lot of nutswingers that thought they could do no wrong.  

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Isn't he still slinging product?

Yes ssi at black diamond in cannon falls. They have some good deals on stock take off parts when they do those pro lite builds. I wouldn’t buy any performance parts off them 

Cat guys: “Yeah, like always, I was hammering down on that bitch hard again….like i fucking stole it!!  It finally just gave way…pHuCK YEaH!!!!!”

Poo guys: “Yes, I popped mine but because it had some aftermarket shit on it that was done improperly and I was pushing a gazillion miles so…..it was just time.  poLARys HAs tHe BeESt EmGiNes….noW whEr’s my GolDeN tiCket to TraDe in fOr NeXT YeAr?”

:lol:

:stirthepot:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

LOL

Seems to be more Arctic sleds blown up in this thread than any other brand.  Even includes one on a dyno and one want a be racer crash dummy.

Enjoy tour riding with your wife and friends.

48E81ED8-6231-4D18-BFCC-C921A4F5A36A.gif

1 hour ago, Doug said:

LOL

Seems to be more Arctic sleds blown up in this thread than any other brand.  Even includes one on a dyno and one want a be racer crash dummy.

In cats defense, mine was 110% from me being greedy