Free Lunch!!!

Yes sir, just found out that our school district is providing, and I quote

"Breakfast/Lunch
Lunch/Breakfast - All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through federal funding."

As JJ walker says "ITS FREE!!!"

Paid for by you tax money, but ITS FREE. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

My kids school district does this and they continue thru the summer also, been doing it for years for kids that might not have the best home life. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

My kids school district does this and they continue thru the summer also, been doing it for years for kids that might not have the best home life. 

Yup.  Many districts in CT have breakfast and lunch programs available as well, for those kids who might not be getting adequate food at home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Many districts in CT have breakfast and lunch programs available as well, for those kids who might not be getting adequate food at home.

I've got no issue having my tax dollars help feed a hungry student.

• Like 1

Yes, there has been programs for the under privileged and hungry students for years.  But, the families had to apply and show that they needed it.  That is not what I am talking about,

This is for now for ALL students.   No need to apply for anything or prove that you need it.

Edited by racer254

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Neither do I.  However, I don’t think schools need to be providing meals to all without some type of financial test.  It leads to wasted tax dollars..…and food.

• Like 2

Just now, Zambroski said:

Neither do I.  However, I don’t think schools need to be providing meals to all without some type of financial test.  It leads to wasted tax dollars..…and food.

I know my kids school donates their left over food to meals on wheels and a local homeless shelter which I'm fine with also. I definitely don't want to see it just go in the trash.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I know my kids school donates their left over food to meals on wheels and a local homeless shelter which I'm fine with also. I definitely don't want to see it just go in the trash.

Yeah, I think ours does something too.  But let’s not forget, this is still tax money being used for this.  It’s not like our education indoctrination centers are selfless contributors with these donations.  Fuck, in MN, these fuckers (education system) own and buy property.  Amazing how they’ve been able to do this.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I think ours does something too.  But let’s not forget, this is still tax money being used for this.  It’s not like our education indoctrination centers are selfless contributors with these donations.  Fuck, in MN, these fuckers (education system) own and buy property.  Amazing how they’ve been able to do this.

Seeing what going on in some schools and districts is utterly disgusting. 

Just now, racer254 said:

Doesn't matter if the family is making 200k or 20k a year.  It's all FREE.  Paid for by your taxdollars.

My kids tell me the majority (well over half) of their classmates bring lunch. I have been making my kids their lunch pretty much the entire time they have been in school. I highly doubt a kid with parents making 200k a year are going to want a cardboard piece of pizza, some canned green beans and a thing they claim is a brownie. I'd guess those kids with 200k parents are the ones bringing a pastrami on marble rye and a Perrier water..Just to give you a sense of reality..:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Somehow I doubt a lot of rich white kids are down there getting a free fucking school lunch in the summer ffs. Wgas it’s kids.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Doesn't matter if the family is making 200k or 20k a year.  It's all FREE.  Paid for by your taxdollars.

Good.

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Somehow I doubt a lot of rich white kids are down there getting a free fucking school lunch in the summer ffs. Wgas it’s kids.  

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are hitting up Panera with dad's credit card and not the school for a sloppy joe..:lol:

Teaching kids that they don't have to worry about getting food as the government now supplies it and guess what, they don't even have to worry about the value of money.  Sounds like a great thing to do.  FFS, and many here wonder why are economy and workforce and Americans are getting "weak"  Keep teaching this type of behavior, I am sure they will turn into great adults.  Jesus, we talk about the indoctrination of our children like it is a bad thing, this is just another way to make sure kids rely on government.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Teaching kids that they don't have to worry about getting food as the government now supplies it and guess what, they don't even have to worry about the value of money.  Sounds like a great thing to do.  FFS, and many here wonder why are economy and workforce and Americans are getting "weak"  Keep teaching this type of behavior, I am sure they will turn into great adults.  Jesus, we talk about the indoctrination of our children.  Just another way to make sure they rely on government.

Do you seriously think a child, let's say a kid in 3rd grade actually has a thought process like this?? :lol:

59 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Obviously we feed hungry kids...but do we feed all kids? Do we means test individuals? Do we Check to see if other agencies aren't duplicating the efforts such as WIC. Should the recipient have to submit any information on how their family income is spent, I mean if Mom & Dad both have new(ish) vehicles financed would it be fair to have them make better choices...Do they get to have a $250.00 cable bill while we pay for the kids lunch. 

OR as usual "ALL HAIL THE RECIPIENT CLASS" 

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Do you seriously think a child, let's say a kid in 3rd grade actually has a thought process like this?? :lol:

When do they start the thought process about it?  Think long and hard about this.  Psychologically what does this teach children?  Don't need money, just go to the lunch line and pick up your rations for the day.  When they graduate, are they going to realize that it takes money to buy food?  Guess what, the children will no longer have to rely on their parents for food or money for food, they just have to go to a lunch line.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

When do they start the thought process about it?  Think long and hard about this.  Psychologically what does this teach children?  Don't need money, just go to the lunch line and pick up your rations for the day.  When they graduate, are they going to realize that it takes money to buy food?  Guess what, the children will no longer have to rely on their parents for food or money for food, they just have to go to a lunch line.

Well I would guess around 14 a child realizes if they want stuff you have to work for it, at least my kids do and their friends do that I see them hang around with..My son has been working for me since he was 14 and my daughter has had a job since she was 16. They have both have savings accounts at my bank since they were 5, they have both had EJ accounts for about 5 years now. My daughter pays for her car insurance, oil changes, inspection, repairs, and fuel.  I don't know of any of their friends that are not working once of age..

Now are there parents out there that don't teach their kids the value of hard work and the mighty dollar and have them think that the government will pay for everything, DEFINITELY! But I can assure you it's not the parents who have great careers, pensions, 401k, retirements, stocks and are making 200k+ a year.

Do you really think a parent with a big beautiful house, a nice car, a career is raising their kid to live in public housing and hit up the soup kitchen for a free meal?? Because that kinda sounds like what you are saying and it's laughable..My job as a parent is to raise my kids to be better than me, that's been my goal in life since they were born. I don't know of a single parent I talk to who doesn't want the same for their children as I do..

Do you have kids?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Seeing what going on in some schools and districts is utterly disgusting. 

That is the big picture, public school systems are going down a slippery slope where they start to force their agendas and take away the responsibilities of the parents. They really need to just go back to educating our children properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Do you really think a parent with a big beautiful house, a nice car, a career is raising their kid to live in public housing and hit up the soup kitchen for a free meal?? Because that kinda sounds like what you are saying and it's laughable

You should ask this question to the people who made these programs.  If the government thought like this, then why are they offering it to ALL families now?

Do you think the "wealthy/middle class" people got the way they are without taking full advantage of any taxes or programs offered?  There were many companies that took PP loans that didn't need

Edited by racer254