These 53 Restaurant Chains Are on the Brink of Disappearing Entirely In 2021

Any restaurant or chain that didn't have a drive thru has taken an even bigger beating than those that did.

I think I've been in 2 or 3 that only had take out in over a year.

Sitting in a restaurant? Not until it's below zero, I'm starving and on a sled.

Even then it'll probably be trail dogs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Well duh...we have too many restaurants, small businesses for that matter, amirite :suicide:

Big mouth, do nothings,  love to see people who try …..fail.  

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Interesting info?  A fucking list of shithole eateries that were already going out of business long before covid came along.

That’s uncalled for sir Taco Bell is a fine eatery 😂.   I do eat at quite a few of the places on the list on a fairly regular basis though.

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s uncalled for sir Taco Bell is a fine eatery 😂.   I do eat at quite a few of the places on the list on a fairly regular basis though.

When taco bell got rid of the 7 layer burrito I had to finally write them off.  

Agree there are some places on that list that are not likely going under but last time I stopped at an applebee's the food was disgusting and the place was fucking packed.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, jdsky said:

When taco bell got rid of the 7 layer burrito I had to finally write them off.  

Agree there are some places on that list that are not likely going under but last time I stopped at an applebee's the food was disgusting and the place was fucking packed.

Ya Applebee’s definitely gone down hill. Freakin hooter’s too omfg I’m gonna cry lol

Edited by 800renegaderider

chain restaurants were fine when the kids were little,  wasn't taking them to nice places but we've had lot so them locally fail.   ruby tuesdays, applebees,  pizzaria uno,  red lobster, outback, fridays, boston market.  I sit in a town where there is a population of 20k and roughly 20k restaurant seats.  Applebees  being the only national sit down chain i can think of now left.   few regional chains but mostly local owned operated stuff.  

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya Applebee’s definitely gone down hill. Freakin hooter’s too omfg I’m gonna cry lol

that was a go to when my son was in 3-8th grade.   he played basketball in Derry 2-3 times a week so it was applebees or firve guys.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Well duh...we have too many restaurants, small businesses for that matter, amirite :suicide:

Too many deodorants and anti-perspirant brands.   :lmao:  That one goes back quite a while. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Too many deodorants and anti-perspirant brands.   :lmao:  That one goes back quite a while. 

Jesus was that another one of his gaffes too?

• Gold Member
56 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that was a go to when my son was in 3-8th grade.   he played basketball in Derry 2-3 times a week so it was applebees or firve guys.  

Exactly Applebee’s is a good place to go with kids. It’s my kids favorite I think mainly because we let them get a mouton lava cake once now they always want to go there 😂.

15 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Jesus was that another one of his gaffes too?

Right around the time of his metamorphosis.  :lol:  

download (28).gif

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Any restaurant or chain that didn't have a drive thru has taken an even bigger beating than those that did.

I think I've been in 2 or 3 that only had take out in over a year.

Sitting in a restaurant? Not until it's below zero, I'm starving and on a sled.

Even then it'll probably be trail dogs.

There's a few restaurants on the list that I would hate to see go, the others I could care less about.  We usually go in to eat, but we are also up at our place in northern MI, where most of the places are local mom and pop businesses, then there at the regulars stops on the trail during the winter at we go to no matter what.

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

chain restaurants were fine when the kids were little,  wasn't taking them to nice places but we've had lot so them locally fail.   ruby tuesdays, applebees,  pizzaria uno,  red lobster, outback, fridays, boston market.  I sit in a town where there is a population of 20k and roughly 20k restaurant seats.  Applebees  being the only national sit down chain i can think of now left.   few regional chains but mostly local owned operated stuff.  

I miss Outback Steakhouse. They pulled out of Ontario 10 years ago or so. Only one left in Canada is in Niagara Falls.

All these chain roadhouses seem to have a lifespan. I can remember a few that closed up years ago. Only way to survive is to change with the times and that's not always easy.

They tried to bring back the Mother's Restaurants here but that failed. I tried it once. It just wasn't the same as I remembered.

Pizza Hut closed all their eat-in locations here (used to be 4 big ones). Now they are little take-out or delivery only stores.

In fast food, the trend seems to be Shawarma/Gyros shops. One on every corner here.

11 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

In the years I spent in food service, Hooters had the dirtiest kitchens by far.  Just gross.

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

In the years I spent in food service, Hooters had the dirtiest kitchens by far.  Just gross.

Ewww I’ve actually only been to hooters once in myrtle none around here. It wasn’t that great. Ladies were nice 

Edited by 800renegaderider

Many of these chains used to have decent food and good service.  Both are lacking now.  Frankly, the service staff can now just go away.  I posted this already but, we ate at a Red Robin a while back and they had an automated touch screen menu where you could order and pay.  Fantastic!  Didn’t have to deal with some Moto-ladened idiot that was upset about their life choices and having to work for less than $150k a year.  Food was brought to our table quickly and process was flawless.

FA26F6B3-2B77-441C-85C8-C2C42F602AC4.jpeg