Possible change in job status

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

after a very long rough season with a few resignations we might be taking over all hot base asphalt transportation for our parent company and they will discontinue in-house hauling and leave it all up to us which starting next season and I was approached about taking over logistics for dispatching hot oil from our storage facility to the mix plants, I have delivered to these plants for 16 years and have a deep understanding of their operations which no one in our management has, after 30 years looking through a dirty windshield and pounding the pavement looking like all the hard work is going to pay off and sail into retirement from behind a desk, will not miss getting up at 2am if this becomes a reality

Good luck :bc:

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

after a very long rough season with a few resignations we might be taking over all hot base asphalt transportation for our parent company and they will discontinue in-house hauling and leave it all up to us which starting next season and I was approached about taking over logistics for dispatching hot oil from our storage facility to the mix plants, I have delivered to these plants for 16 years and have a deep understanding of their operations which no one in our management has, after 30 years looking through a dirty windshield and pounding the pavement looking like all the hard work is going to pay off and sail into retirement from behind a desk, will not miss getting up at 2am if this becomes a reality

Slightly off-topic, but may be relevant.  Now that you'll be changing jobs, it might be a good opportunity for your wife to make some extra money too.

I can go $54.00 an hour, but not much more. Gas both ways, and all food. 

It's fairly hard work, I don't know if she could actually handle it for 8 hours, but that's OK, she could do maybe 3 or 4.

Anyway, talk it over, my helper is out of commission for a while, so she could make some extra money. I also have a splitting maul, but she could bring hers too. 

Oh, after we split the wood, we have to stack it, and it has to be perfectly stacked even across the top, so it's level all the way across.   

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Slightly off-topic, but may be relevant.  Now that you'll be changing jobs, it might be a good opportunity for your wife to make some extra money too.

It's fairly hard work, I don't know if she could actually handle it for 8 hours, but that's OK, she could do maybe 3 or 4.

Anyway, talk it over, my helper is out of commission for a while, so she could make some extra money. I also have a splitting maul, but she could bring hers too. 

Oh, after we split the wood, we have to stack it, and it has to be perfectly stacked even across the top, so it's level all the way across.   

Are you seriously retarded?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I told ya before she makes more being my trophy wife

7 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

im surprised a weak and retarded pure white call of duty playing faggot like yourself has a job in the first place. i thought they put you in the looney bin?

You wouldn't last a day in this business, for that matter you wouldn't be qualified to push a broom at the.plants. oooops forget you have a test light my bad

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

I told ya before she makes more being my trophy wife

You wouldn't last a day in this business, for that matter you wouldn't be qualified to push a broom at the.plants. oooops forget you have a test light my bad

OK, I could use the help gettin' some wood processed, so I'll go 64 an hour, but I can't go much higher. Talk it over, maybe she wants extra money for Christmas shopping or somethin'. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Yeah buddy!!:bc:

Thanks guys, with any luck I can hang up the keys after this season, this has been one of the busiest seasons I can remember and we are short handed, I am ready to get out of a truck, been a good ride though

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Sounds like a great opportunity and well deserved.  Even though you may not think it will come into play brush up on your people skills.  Managering employees at one point or another there will be some type of drama that will need to be worked though.

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Sounds like a great opportunity and well deserved.  Even though you may not think it will come into play brush up on your people skills.  Managering employees at one point or another there will be some type of drama that will need to be worked though.

It would be just taking care of the same people and plants I have worked with for 16 years just in a different light and not from the seat of a truck 

Hardest part is that the paving projects can be pretty dynamic with last minute changes.  It is a lot easier when you have an abundance of tanks and you can plan several days out and adjust from there.  Gotta be way better than the hours you run now.  There are times when we make changes 8-9 pm for the next morning, which as you know is very early for picking up the loads. Hoping you get it.  Good Luck!!!

well they officially took over the full trucking to the mix plants today, however they approached me today and offered me a sizable raise to stay in the trucking side to be the lead transport driver they are going to add trucks to this operation to ease the workload which has been a major problem this year which what was the cause of a few long time drivers saying fuck it. while it would have been nice to get out of a truck they said I was more than qualified to run the show but at this time until they got shit worked out I was more valuable to them in the truck at this time when qualified drivers are hard to find, while it was nice to be asked, it was nicer to get some praise for a job well done for the last 16 year along with some more coin for my troubles

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

well they officially took over the full trucking to the mix plants today, however they approached me today and offered me a sizable raise to stay in the trucking side to be the lead transport driver they are going to add trucks to this operation to ease the workload which has been a major problem this year which what was the cause of a few long time drivers saying fuck it. while it would have been nice to get out of a truck they said I was more than qualified to run the show but at this time until they got shit worked out I was more valuable to them in the truck at this time when qualified drivers are hard to find, while it was nice to be asked, it was nicer to get some praise for a job well done for the last 16 year along with some more coin for my troubles

:bc:

11 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

It would be just taking care of the same people and plants I have worked with for 16 years just in a different light and not from the seat of a truck 

Look, I know you're taking advantage of me 'cause I gotta' get the wood split and stacked. Ok, ok, I'll go $72.00 an hour, gas both ways, and all food. Hurry up and ask her if she wants to work, she doesn't have to bring her splitting maul, I have one here.