Check your account email address ×

What was the strangest thing you found on the trail?

Doug

5 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve tried to get to those freakin trains four times now something always goes wrong 😢

It used to be an adventure to get to the trains...now they practically groom the trail to chamberlain lake. The best place to start from in my opinion is shin pond. Go shin pond to libby camps,  across eagle lake...follow the signs to chamberlain...go north on chamberlain and on the east shore (top of the lake) you will find the trains. 

BTW Lunch and Libby camps on the way back is always good.

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

It used to be an adventure to get to the trains...now they practically groom the trail to chamberlain lake. The best place to start from in my opinion is shin pond. Go shin pond to libby camps,  across eagle lake...follow the signs to chamberlain...go north on chamberlain and on the east shore (top of the lake) you will find the trains. 

BTW Lunch and Libby camps on the way back is always good.

Yup, never eaten at Libby’s but I hear it’s good I’ll have to try that way. I’ve only tried chesuncook way. Something either breaks down or get there late in the day gets to dark to bother going the entire way. Still on my list 👍

Was on a charity ride on my 81 John Deere liquifire and we came upon a guy we knew that ,well lost his marbles,on an elan,camping with a tarp and a sleeping bag. He drove the elan 90 miles down the side of the highway to get to our town the day before. It was really cold,,we gave him a bunch of food we had. That night he went to a landing nearby and when the cops drove by they saw him in the back of an Americans truck,,,had a fire going in the box and some ripped up cloth strung to the gas tank. He said he was going to burn the trucks to get warm.Back to the funny farm.

I was just young then,,,he's my wife's cousin. I've had some super crazy phone conversations with him over the years,,,just unreal.

14 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't know if I've found many strange things, but I've seen a few moose and they are probably the coolest things I've seen.

Saw my first moose on the trail last year - came around a corner to a female standing in the middle of the trail - SKART the crap out of me!  I was glad she moved because I probably would have ran into her had she not.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, Sled_Hed said:

I'm sure there was some broads just out of the frame too.

and a fat stack of bills, like $10K

On 8/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, SkisNH said:

A B52 Bomber and 2 Locomotives (its a Maine thing)

there's a B-47 Stratojet crash site on the trail near Hurley

On 8/11/2021 at 1:05 PM, Jerry 976 said:

Was not me, it was posted on another site.

802458477_TrailHog.thumb.JPG.33fbf10397a784ac1116515d8e4cc15b.JPG

Pit Grunt buy a Polaris?

On 8/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, Bontz said:

On two occasions, we were the first ... if not the second group ... to come upon a freshly burned sled (as in, burned to the ground and both times on the Chippewa Flowage).  I have pics on a different device - I'll have to see if I can find them.  The one ... we still laugh about because we stopped at the nearest bar (Deerfoot) and there was a crew of people from our hometown ... which is about 3 hours away.  We started joking about the SkiDoo that was still smoking out on the ice and a guy from the group said, "Fuck you guys - that was MY sled!!" :lol:

Was that right off CTH CC before New Post?

Don - it was probably a mile to the west of CC.  We were coming from Pat's Landing, heading towards the Wannigan - but ended up stopping at Deerfoot because we knew that crew of friends from our hometown were there.  The other time it was near the intersection of the stick trail where you'd go towards R&R Bayview or continue west towards CC (trails 18 & 3).