What was the strangest thing you found on the trail?

Doug

We've all seen the crashed sleds and burned up sleds.  The strangest thing I found was actually out grooming.  Laying in the trail was a primary clutch broke in two.  Sheave, spider and all.

20160213_134152.jpg

• Like 1

I love finding the SLAUGHTER sites after the wolves take down a deer or moose. Blood and guts everwhere spread over a large area. Stupid deer/moose run down the trail making it easy for the wolves to take them down....

While grooming, I find tools all of the time---, hats, maps, soda bottles, and the occasional broken belt......

It's rare that I actually find something worth keeping.  

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I love finding the SLAUGHTER sites after the wolves take down a deer or moose. Blood and guts everwhere spread over a large area. Stupid deer/moose run down the trail making it easy for the wolves to take them down....

While grooming, I find tools all of the time---, hats, maps, soda bottles, and the occasional broken belt......

It's rare that I actually find something worth keeping.  

Yeah, that’s what made this one weird.  Just cleaned to the bone and carried onto the trail and dropped.  Not a spec of blood anywhere I could see.  I guess one took a “Wolfy bag” for the walk home?  :lmao:

Hey, drove by Mac’s place the other day.  Almost stopped but wasn’t even sure if he still lived thee or felt like shooting the shit.

On two occasions, we were the first ... if not the second group ... to come upon a freshly burned sled (as in, burned to the ground and both times on the Chippewa Flowage).  I have pics on a different device - I'll have to see if I can find them.  The one ... we still laugh about because we stopped at the nearest bar (Deerfoot) and there was a crew of people from our hometown ... which is about 3 hours away.  We started joking about the SkiDoo that was still smoking out on the ice and a guy from the group said, "Fuck you guys - that was MY sled!!" :lol:

• Haha 1

Came upon this last season.  Guy missed a corner and ended up in a 6-8 ft drainage ditch.  We stopped and my buddy got out his tow rope.  The guy in the ditch said " What you doing to do with that"  well we could just leave and not help.  His buddies when down into the ditch which had water above their knees and rutted the sled around.  Hooked the tow rope on and we were able to get the sled out.

FB_IMG_1613315140574.jpg

FB_IMG_1613315155795.jpg

FB_IMG_1613315125989.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Doug said:

Came upon this last season.  Guy missed a corner and ended up in a 6-8 ft drainage ditch.  We stopped and my buddy got out his tow rope.  The guy in the ditch said " What you doing to do with that"  well we could just leave and not help.  His buddies when down into the ditch which had water above their knees and rutted the sled around.  Hooked the tow rope on and we were able to get the sled out.

Too cool seeing landscape so different than what we see. We are 99.5%+ woods with lots if mountains.

You guys must get lots of whiteouts.

8 minutes ago, CFM said:

Too cool seeing landscape so different than what we see. We are 99.5%+ woods with lots if mountains.

You guys must get lots of whiteouts.

All depends what area we ride.  Around home and Sth is farm land and open fields.  Nth by our place in Northern Wisconsin is woods, forest roads and railroad grades.  No mountains though. 

20210226_104358.jpg

20200227_130420.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, drove by Mac’s place the other day.  Almost stopped but wasn’t even sure if he still lived thee or felt like shooting the shit.

@Zambroski Last week, he was at Mayo having a Aortic Valve replaced. Fingers crossed. Haven't heard how he's doing. I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he sounded pretty stressed. He should be ready to ride for opener if all goes well.....

Edited by Ziemann

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Fat tire bike

12 hours ago, Not greg b said:

A dead rider is the strangest thing I have found on the trail. I don’t think anything will top that 

Hopefully, the owner of the fucking bike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hopefully, the owner of the fucking bike.

Na. It was someone riding 2 people on a rental z570 not made for 2 people. IMO they would have been safer on a fat tire bike than the 2 of them on that sled

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Na. It was someone riding 2 people on a rental z570 not made for 2 people. IMO they would have been safer on a fat tire bike than the 2 of them on that sled

I think I remember this story from you years ago on HCS.

13 hours ago, Not greg b said:

A dead rider is the strangest thing I have found on the trail. I don’t think anything will top that 

The dead rider I found was my brother in law, so…… :dunno:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Sad 3