Here’s a first for me.

We just lost a good friend of ours due to complications from covid.  Found out he went in the hospital Saturday, on ventilator yesterday and passed away this morning.  50 years old.  A big boy.  Played football at Alabama.  Wife and him were both vaccinated last month.  Probably one of the funniest mother fuckers I’ve ever met.  Laughing now thinking about him.

Jesus.  50 fucking years old.  Smh.  Such a shame.  He was a good person and did a lot for everyone.  Big time Christian and we ribbed each other constantly over faith (or lack of).

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Have a friend in ICU now. The consensus from her family is not good. She is 52 and not vaccinated. My wife has been taking care of some things for her sister who lives by us while she is down in Florida. I imagine I will hear more when I get home from work. 

That sucks. I don't get this damn disease. For some it's a mild cold and then it takes other people out. Supposedly the vaccine process isn't complete until about 2 weeks after your second shot. I wonder if he ever got the 2nd shot / if he died after being fully vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, nacapster said:

That sucks. I don't get this damn disease. For some it's a mild cold and then it takes other people out. Supposedly the vaccine process isn't complete until about 2 weeks after your second shot. I wonder if he ever got the 2nd shot / if he died after being fully vaccinated. 

One of my best friends got it, and all 3 of his kids and wife had it. Wife and kids all tested positive and were sick for about a week. He tested negative 3 times and was sick as fuck. Bed ridden at one point and was on an inhaler and steroids. He was fucked up for a couple months, to the point he was almost suicidal he felt so bad. Finally when he was on the mend the doctor did some blood work on him and he had antibodies in his system so he definitely had it. Another reason why i think alot of those tests are bullshit. 

But anyway almost 10 months later he says he still feels like he has sand in his legs, says they feel heavy. He coaches 2 of his sons baseball teams and is a pretty fit guy. Mid 40's. He is not a fan of COVID LOL

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

We just lost a good friend of ours due to complications from covid.  Found out he went in the hospital Saturday, on ventilator yesterday and passed away this morning.  50 years old.  A big boy.  Played football at Alabama.  Wife and him were both vaccinated last month.  Probably one of the funniest mother fuckers I’ve ever met.  Laughing now thinking about him.

Jesus.  50 fucking years old.  Smh.  Such a shame.  He was a good person and did a lot for everyone.  Big time Christian and we ribbed each other constantly over faith (or lack of).

Sorry to hear this, keep him alive in your heart and mind and he will always be with you, remember the good times and the bad times.......

2 hours ago, nacapster said:

Lots have pre immunity from the sars cov 1 virus. That’s likely why many have hardly any symptoms and some get hit hard 

Thanks gents!  Yeah, he was a good one for sure.  Was godfather to our daughter.  Not sure of all the specifics on the covid deal and it’s not appropriate to ask now but yeah, he was a big guy. 6’4” and well I to 300.  Defensive line material material…and looked it.

He had underlying issues that surely played a big part.  He’d been sleeping with a CPAP for years.  Both him and his wife got vaxxed in July so…and again, don’t know all the specifics on it all.  Just sad right now.  We stood by each other volunteering during Katrina and many “soup kitchens” over the years.  I just hope he found the heaven he so believed in.  I just curse god more for taking another good one.  Meh…..

Ill be heading to NC for his funeral this week and to make sure his wife has all the help she needs.  

Thanks again, fellers!   :bc:

• Like 4

Interesting and sad facts coming in on this. He got his second shot on July 22nd.  Apparently complications started from there and his “cause of death” was a blood clot in his left lung?  

What the hospital did and is trying to get his wife to do now is gross and they are sure putting on the “sales hats” on how all this transpired.  Also, they wouldn’t let her in to see him and kept him quarantined.  What in the fuck are we doing?  Unbelievable.  Just plain unbelievable.

• Sad 3